test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Announcing the Dranuur Colony Fleet Holding!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
We teased this a little at STLV, but now you can learn all the details of your next Fleet Holding, the Lukari and Kentari joint colony on Dranuur.

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10638454

Comments

• Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Fascinating
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
      Time to start stocking up on Dil and fleet marks for this monster project.
      sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
    • Options
      lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
      That simulation thing sounds interesting. Sort of like Sompek but with options to stop or carry on.

And from the pictures that map looks AMAZING!
      SulMatuul.png
    • Options
      grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 96 Arc User
      Looks like the new equipment may support some real tanking... interesting possibilities there.
    • Options
      soofismacksoofismack Member Posts: 28 Arc User
      This should be real fun to do now that 3/4 of the fleets are dead thanks to season 13 :(
    • Options
      shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
      "Would you like to know more?"

Why, yes I would.

First, the idea that players will be working alongside the colonists to gather resources, with that step eventually becoming more efficient and partly automated, puts me in mind of how trafficking worked back in Scarface: The World is Yours... which is not a bad thing. Mechanically, is this going to be a refined version of what we see on New Romulus?

lordsteve1 wrote: »
      That simulation thing sounds interesting. Sort of like Sompek but with options to stop or carry on.

And from the pictures that map looks AMAZING!
      Seconded on both counts. I do wonder just how big the simulation field will be and whether there will be multiple layouts (something AoS and the existing Colony Invasion queue really need, by the way).

The equipment all sounds interesting; it should be interesting to see how well that 'scales with CrtD' works in practice, even before taking into account the natural synergy with the protomatter deflector arrays... which makes me wonder if these new arrays, shields, and engines will have distinct visuals. And what exactly is associated with the 'Ship Customization' item under the Morale track?
    • Options
      fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
      "After every five invasion waves, participants will be given a vote to stop and claim the rewards earned so far, or continue on to more difficult waves, risking their earned rewards in the process. Victory in this simulation rewards players with resources and Fleet Marks used to progress the Colony holding."

Does this mean that there is a chance you don't get rewards at all, if you fail at the more difficult waves? If so, that could on the one hand make things more challenging, but also more annoying imo.
      [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    • Options
      Oh and one suggestion I would like to make: why not make it possible to do these special holding events within your armada?

Since Armadas were created, I've hoped to see some content that give us a good reason to be in a large organisation with so many players. This new Sompek-like event sounds like just the right type of content to be organised on the armada-level, rather than just within fleets.
      [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    • Options
      szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
      *sigh* Another 6 months of ressource waste and never-ending timers... can't wait. This game should be renamed Star Timers Online.
    • Options
      nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
      In the new fleet weapons that can be purchased will we have the option for Electrical and or Ice damage weapons simular to ones we get from the Lukari and Nukara reps?
      Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
    • Options
      nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
      "After every five invasion waves, participants will be given a vote to stop and claim the rewards earned so far, or continue on to more difficult waves, risking their earned rewards in the process. Victory in this simulation rewards players with resources and Fleet Marks used to progress the Colony holding."

Does this mean that there is a chance you don't get rewards at all, if you fail at the more difficult waves? If so, that could on the one hand make things more challenging, but also more annoying imo.

If it is a all-or-nothing approach that is very cutthroat, & I worry that the 1%ers will handle it with ease since tehy already have top-notch while the casual player could suffer set-backs.

Reads as if Cryptic placed a lot of thought into this Fleet Holding & so far looks really impressive with lots to accomplish!

Some of the potential Fleet Holding earned items seem really nice & make me giddy, & it doesn't seem like just another rehashed Fleet Holding instead it has uniqueness.
    • Options
      anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
      And what exactly is associated with the 'Ship Customization' item under the Morale track?

That's almost certainly just a Ship Tailor.
      This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    • Options
      dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
      Another big holding my fleet will never finish.
    • Options
      orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
      Interesting, I'm cautiously optimistic about this. One ocncern though...

Won't these new fleet weapons make Elite Fleet Phasers obsolete (moreso)?

Or am I misreading the effects of the new weapons?
    • Options
      ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
      In addition to the 5 Tiers for the Holding, there are THREE Sub-Holdings of FIVE Tiers!!! I hope these aren't as resource intensive as the Starbase. Sorry, I don't need to pour one hundred thousand Doffs into anything else. And 150 Levels to get from Tier IV to V, you're crazy if you set it up that way.

I take some hope that this talk about automatic generation of resources that are 'donated' continuously on an Auto or 'Easy Pay' System may mitigate some of the grind.

It looks clear that stuff will be available at Mk IV as it is repeated in too many locations to be a typo. Are they really saying, scr*w all the equipment you got before, we got new stuff of all types.

I guess we'll have to wait to see it on Tribble to determine if it a Funhouse or Grindhouse.
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
      l don't know.
      l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
      That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • Options
      protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
      Looking at some of the items being made available with the new holding it almost seems if we're being given back some of the power we lost in the Season 13 nerf adjustment.
    • Options
      orion0029 wrote: »
      Interesting, I'm cautiously optimistic about this. One ocncern though...

Won't these new fleet weapons make Elite Fleet Phasers obsolete (moreso)?

Or am I misreading the effects of the new weapons?

Probably difficult to say without knowing the stats. But I don't think that procs are really all that important given their small chances to actually do something.

ltminns wrote: »
      In addition to the 5 Tiers for the Holding, there are THREE Sub-Holdings of FIVE Tiers!!! I hope these aren't as resource intensive as the Starbase. Sorry, I don't need to pour one hundred thousand Doffs into anything else. And 150 Levels to get from Tier IV to V, you're crazy if you set it up that way.

I take some hope that this talk about automatic generation of resources that are 'donated' continuously on an Auto or 'Easy Pay' System may mitigate some of the grind.

It looks clear that stuff will be available at Mk IV as it is repeated in too many locations to be a typo. Are they really saying, scr*w all the equipment you got before, we got new stuff of all types.

I guess we'll have to wait to see it on Tribble to determine if it a Funhouse or Grindhouse.

Well maybe the costs (in terms of dilithium, doffs etc.) for the projects of these holdings will be lower. Since there will be the special resources that we have to obtain by going there and doing stuff at the holding itself. I hope this is the case, it would promote more activity within the fleet rather than just collecting resources somewhere, anywhere in the game and dumping it.

The Starbase took way too long, I hope they won't take this holding just as long and as many resources indeed.

• Options
      Yeah, the game will be shut down by then if it is too too long. :)
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      l don't know.
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • Options
      frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
      One feature that makes the Dranuur Colony unique is that, instead of purchasing provisions in your replicator, players instead work alongside the colonists to claim resources from the environment around the colony, to be used for track progression. Each subtrack will have its own resource, and all three resources will be needed to upgrade the main track. As you progress in the various subtracks, you will find it easier to attain the resources, and your fleet will even be able to automate a part of the resource-gathering process.

Subtrack – Renewable Energy

... This track will require Renewable Batteries as an input for most projects.

Subtrack – Infrastructure

... This track will require Ore Provisions as an input for most projects.

Subtrack – Morale

... This track will require Luxury Provisions as an input for most projects.

Why do I get the feeling that this new grind, different from previous grinds, will be yet another barrier for small fleets. The only exception might be renewable batteries, and that's only if they're the same as the renewable batteries we have now and not some new resource.

By the way, there's no reason to have a different provision in the replicator for each fleet holding. They all cost the same and serve the same function; they should be universal.
      Waiting for a programmer ...
      qVpg1km.png
    • Options
      And they should NOT be just a Fleet Credit sink. Give me credit for those donations.

However, this looks as if that sink may be done away with as you will be able to generate these 'resources' instead.
      Judge Dan Haywood
      l don't know.
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • Options
      gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
      frtoaster wrote: »
      Snip...

By the way, there's no reason to have a different provision in the replicator for each fleet holding. They all cost the same and serve the same function; they should be universal.

True, just universal fleet provisions, and that's all, you have to buy them anyway!, not a bad idea, @borticuscryptic ?
      The forces of darkness are upon us!
    • Options
      ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
      frtoaster wrote: »
      ...By the way, there's no reason to have a different provision in the replicator for each fleet holding. They all cost the same and serve the same function; they should be universal.

Never understood that one myself. Sure there are holding specific DOff assignments that award holding appropriate provisions, but they're not in every holding and the different types just clutter up the replicator in my opinion.
      ltminns wrote: »
      And they should NOT be just a Fleet Credit sink. Give me credit for those donations...

I would absolutely love some recognition for the hundreds of thousands (likely millions!) of resources I've burned in provisions. A store unlock, accolade, title, fleet discount, something, anything.

• Options
      fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
      Fleet Holdings are large projects that require multiple players in order to progress and earn rewards.
      What does this mean? Do we have to have multiple people to advance or just that the resource requirements benefit from more members.​​
    • Options
      redspecter23redspecter23 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
      I'm confused why this needs to be a 5 tier holding. I'm sure it might make more sense when all the details are released. If it uses the same leveling structure as the starbase, tier 5 will be a MASSIVE grind that feels unnecessary for a holding like this. This is based on many assumptions of course, but with the info we currently have, we have to fill in the gaps with assumptions for now.
    • Options
      bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
      azrael605 wrote: »
      I'm hoping the notes that the equipment from this holding will be UR MK IV is not a typo, thats fantastic for upgrading.

Sorry...dont get it. This is LT commander rank Mk IV. Shouldn't this be Mk XIV instead? It looks like a typo already?​​
      Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
      Original STO beta tester.
    • Options
      All instances say IV. Could be to let us have more opportunity to go Gold at cheaper XP.
      Judge Dan Haywood
      l don't know.
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • Options
      Kiplinger's ;)
      Judge Dan Haywood
      l don't know.
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • Options
      f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
      valoreah wrote: »
      soofismack wrote: »
      This should be real fun to do now that 3/4 of the fleets are dead thanks to season 13

Source?

Roll call ... Are you from a small fleet or a large fleet?

I'm from a small one that pushed through previously to get our holdings built.
      Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
      " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)