test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Demand for a T6 Emissary Star Cruiser

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Yes! I want a T6 Emissary!
    I picked up the MU assault cruiser variant, as I figured the tactical lean would be better for my playstyle than the more science-leaning star cruiser. Loaded up with Kelvin Timeline phasers and photo torpedoes, it's not bad, I'll see how far it can be pushed :sunglasses:

This is how I have kitted the USS Hogwash as well, I'm preparing a build for another ship on her pig-1.gif

QiZnJ90.jpg​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    You can have this ship right after KDF get a T6 Vor'cha "DEAL" ?
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Yes please, but only if it comes with a good boff layout and stats!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I picked up the MU assault cruiser variant, as I figured the tactical lean would be better for my playstyle than the more science-leaning star cruiser. Loaded up with Kelvin Timeline phasers and photo torpedoes, it's not bad, I'll see how far it can be pushed :sunglasses:

This is how I have kitted the USS Hogwash as well, I'm preparing a build for another ship on her pig-1.gif

QiZnJ90.jpg​​
    Awesome :sunglasses:

I just had a filthy thought: The Emissary is probably how an Intrepid would look in the Kelvin Timeline :tongue:
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth

I just had a filthy thought: The Emissary is probably how an Intrepid would look in the Kelvin Timeline :tongue:

That's not a filthy thought. You need to dive much deeper into the mud for that - unless we expected something different pig-37.gif

But seriously, I don't see the SC fitting into the KT. At first I didn't like it as I said earlier, but later on I really thought that could be a prime 25th century starship evolution which ultimately leads to something like the Wells. Of course, ENT with it's ludicrous vision of the future plowed right through that concept, but I really like the elegant vibe of the Star Cruiser. It's probably why I like the Ryn'Kodan which I repurposed to be Deferi, it has a somewhat dignified aura around it.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    One of them, the Nomad I think, has a large bridge window. The Emissary also has nacelles with aircraft like bussard collectors, both features are present on the Kelvin era ships (not Kelvin Timeline ships mind you, prime ones like the Kelvin or Newton, etc.), combined with the low resolution hull textures and overall grey colour make sit a good ship for my AoY as the Kelvin era ships predate TOS by 33 years (at least, however the condition of the Kelvin which is falling apart and covered in rust and exposed piping suggest over 45 years).​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    artan42 wrote: »
    One of them, the Nomad I think, has a large bridge window. The Emissary also has nacelles with aircraft like bussard collectors, both features are present on the Kelvin era ships (not Kelvin Timeline ships mind you, prime ones like the Kelvin or Newton, etc.), combined with the low resolution hull textures and overall grey colour make sit a good ship for my AoY as the Kelvin era ships predate TOS by 33 years (at least, however the condition of the Kelvin which is falling apart and covered in rust and exposed piping suggest over 45 years).

I see. Although I suspect the large window to be a observation lounge (given the "diplomatic" nature of the ship) the Ent-D had a glass ceiling on the bridge so that's not much dumber pig-2.gif I like the Emissary nacelles. They're so round!​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    One of them, the Nomad I think, has a large bridge window. The Emissary also has nacelles with aircraft like bussard collectors, both features are present on the Kelvin era ships (not Kelvin Timeline ships mind you, prime ones like the Kelvin or Newton, etc.), combined with the low resolution hull textures and overall grey colour make sit a good ship for my AoY as the Kelvin era ships predate TOS by 33 years (at least, however the condition of the Kelvin which is falling apart and covered in rust and exposed piping suggest over 45 years).

I see. Although I suspect the large window to be a observation lounge (given the "diplomatic" nature of the ship) the Ent-D had a glass ceiling on the bridge so that's not much dumber pig-2.gif I like the Emissary nacelles. They're so round!​​

There's two windows. There's a smaller rounder one at the bottom that I suspect is either a conference lounge or a Ten Forward type place with the larger rectangular one above being the bridge.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

There's two windows. There's a smaller rounder one at the bottom that I suspect is either a conference lounge or a Ten Forward type place with the larger rectangular one above being the bridge.

I think I'd invert them, but who knows, I would have to take a look at the bridge but - oh wait, we don't have specific bridges for them. The generic ones that are supposed to unlock with the cruisers don't show any windows (I suspect the "Star Explorer" line is supposed to be Star Cruisers?). There some really spacey ones that may, but I don't have any of these.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif

I think I'd invert them, but who knows, I would have to take a look at the bridge but - oh wait, we don't have specific bridges for them. The generic ones that are supposed to unlock with the cruisers don't show any windows (I suspect the "Star Explorer" line is supposed to be Star Cruisers?). There some really spacey ones that may, but I don't have any of these.

The Emissary bridge pack is the Star Cruiser bridge (there's even one called Nomad) from the C-Store.​​

#TASforSTO

That's not a filthy thought. You need to dive much deeper into the mud for that - unless we expected something different pig-37.gif
    Oh I have a mind like a sewer, which would make the most libertine piggy blush... #OrionGradeDebauchery :tongue:
    But seriously, I don't see the SC fitting into the KT. At first I didn't like it as I said earlier, but later on I really thought that could be a prime 25th century starship evolution which ultimately leads to something like the Wells. Of course, ENT with it's ludicrous vision of the future plowed right through that concept, but I really like the elegant vibe of the Star Cruiser. It's probably why I like the Ryn'Kodan which I repurposed to be Deferi, it has a somewhat dignified aura around it.​​
    It's the nacelles which do it for me. They're similar to the ones on some of the background ships which Nero ganked like a pack of n00bs at Vulcan, especially the style of the bussard collectors and the blue line :sunglasses: If it had a different deflector style, and a skin more like the Konnie, I think it would be very plausible as a KT Intrepid :sunglasses: But you're right, it definitely does feel like an intermediary model between say fhe Intrepid and fhe Wells :sunglasses:

Transparent aluminum :tongue:

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth

I think I'd invert them, but who knows, I would have to take a look at the bridge but - oh wait, we don't have specific bridges for them. The generic ones that are supposed to unlock with the cruisers don't show any windows (I suspect the "Star Explorer" line is supposed to be Star Cruisers?). There some really spacey ones that may, but I don't have any of these.

The Emissary bridge pack is the Star Cruiser bridge (there's even one called Nomad) from the C-Store.

@angrytarg Further to this, if you go to the foundry and create an new map, set to interior map and pick Emissary Bridge option, that's one of the Emissary bridge pack, specifically the Unity bridge.​​

#TASforSTO

• ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    You can have this ship right after KDF get a T6 Vor'cha "DEAL" ?

So...never than.

If the T6 Vor'cha fails to ever turn up it will be the biggest crime against the Empire in history.

Vengeance will be brutal and songs of legend
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
    > @artan42 said:
    > artan42 wrote: »
    >
    > angrytarg wrote: »
    >
    >
    > There's two windows. There's a smaller rounder one at the bottom that I suspect is either a conference lounge or a Ten Forward type place with the larger rectangular one above being the bridge.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think I'd invert them, but who knows, I would have to take a look at the bridge but - oh wait, we don't have specific bridges for them. The generic ones that are supposed to unlock with the cruisers don't show any windows (I suspect the "Star Explorer" line is supposed to be Star Cruisers?). There some really spacey ones that may, but I don't have any of these.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The Emissary bridge pack is the Star Cruiser bridge (there's even one called Nomad) from the C-Store.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @angrytarg Further to this, if you go to the foundry and create an new map, set to interior map and pick Emissary Bridge option, that's one of the Emissary bridge pack, specifically the Unity bridge.​​

Does it have a window? I can check when I'm back from work but I'm curious. I am sure a particular ship will come without bridge option so I need to find a home anyway. Maybe I'll get those.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    > @artan42 said:
    >
    > angrytarg wrote: »
    >
    >
    > There's two windows. There's a smaller rounder one at the bottom that I suspect is either a conference lounge or a Ten Forward type place with the larger rectangular one above being the bridge.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think I'd invert them, but who knows, I would have to take a look at the bridge but - oh wait, we don't have specific bridges for them. The generic ones that are supposed to unlock with the cruisers don't show any windows (I suspect the "Star Explorer" line is supposed to be Star Cruisers?). There some really spacey ones that may, but I don't have any of these.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The Emissary bridge pack is the Star Cruiser bridge (there's even one called Nomad) from the C-Store.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @angrytarg Further to this, if you go to the foundry and create an new map, set to interior map and pick Emissary Bridge option, that's one of the Emissary bridge pack, specifically the Unity bridge.

Does it have a window? I can check when I'm back from work but I'm curious. I am sure a particular ship will come without bridge option so I need to find a home anyway. Maybe I'll get those.

Sort of, it has a large viewscreen with a starfield background implying a window but obviously being really old it's not like the Origin or KT bridges in how it works. Also, it may correspond better with the smaller window than the larger one I assumed.

The Nomad bridge is the nicest of the four without the overall blue tint of the others.

The Origin bridge might also work well as the Star Cruisers bridge if you don't mind it being a tad small and a bit 2410ish.​​

#TASforSTO

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Nah, I wouldn't mind if they don't bring the Emissary back.
    My two favourite kitbashes...
    26763634944_dea31d1a5f_o.png
    27308028831_561c892ab5_o.png
    ​​
    Wait. You like this ship? This happy meal toy trash of a ship? Yet you have an absolute hatred for the Excelsior? Wow.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    Wait. You like this ship? This happy meal toy trash of a ship? Yet you have an absolute hatred for the Excelsior? Wow.

I don't see the 'happy meal toy trash of a ship' you speak of (i.e. the Kelvin Timeline Enterprise A), you've posted a picture of a interestingly designed non-derivative styles cruiser that takes the spoon head saucer of the hideous Galaxy and vomit inducing Intrepid and improves it vastly by mounting it directly to the front of the hull instead of balancing it on a stupid small neck. You also can't play any musical notes on this ship unlike the E*******r.​​

#TASforSTO

• garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    how about with some improvement

magellan_class_uss_nautilus_by_unusualsuspex-d64fufz.jpg

14tvtqb.jpg

perhaps? But not with these designs. I'm sure Cryptic has their own styles to pick from of the hundreds they could create.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • gannadenegannadene Member Posts: 81 Arc User

I don't see the 'happy meal toy trash of a ship' you speak of (i.e. the Kelvin Timeline Enterprise A), you've posted a picture of a interestingly designed non-derivative styles cruiser that takes the spoon head saucer of the hideous Galaxy and vomit inducing Intrepid and improves it vastly by mounting it directly to the front of the hull instead of balancing it on a stupid small neck. You also can't play any musical notes on this ship unlike the E*******r.​​

Non-derivative? It's just an ugly Sovereign. Which itself is basically just an Intrepid. The Odyssey is nearly the same ship. Hell, a good 80% of all post-Voyager ships have that same exact, ugly, flying spearhead Apple product-in-space derivative shape.

I don't think the Emissary is the ugliest ship ever made, but it still has the same problem most modern Fed ships have, in that it's the same generic ship put through a toffee puller. There's only so many times I can see a Galaxy someone beat with a mallet into a pancake before I say enough is enough.

If you want a t6 of a ship that needs it and doesn't look like the same old Fed ship we've all seen a hundred times, give us a t6 patrol escort. Probably the most visually successful internal design Cryptic ever made, and it's still stuck in tier 5.
    Oh I have a mind like a sewer, which would make the most libertine piggy blush... #OrionGradeDebauchery :tongue:

Do not compete with a literal wild sow. The Orions don't invite me any more since the... incident pig-36.gifpig-47.gif
    Sort of, it has a large viewscreen with a starfield background implying a window but obviously being really old it's not like the Origin or KT bridges in how it works. Also, it may correspond better with the smaller window than the larger one I assumed.

The Nomad bridge is the nicest of the four without the overall blue tint of the others.

The Origin bridge might also work well as the Star Cruisers bridge if you don't mind it being a tad small and a bit 2410ish.

I'll take a look at it and see wether it'll be worthy to be refitted with mud baths pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    Honestly, they should just make a bundle.

Call it: "All-the-leveling-ships-we-otherwise-couldn't- sell" pack.

Includes all the ships that don't have a T6 variant yet, from Oberth to Emissary. And of course every neglected, borderline forgotten KDF ship. There are so many missing BoPs at T6 its hilarious. And yes, the bloody Vor'cha as well.

Personally kind like the thought of a T6 Nova or Constellation... and a non temporal D7!
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
    edited September 2017
    I must say I like the Emissary-bridge in principle. Of course it looks horribly outdated in regards to STOs map design, but which bridge doesn't. But @artan42 I also came to the conclusion that the bridge is nowhere to be found on the ship models - look at the ceiling, it has a "glass roof" all around - there is nothing on the Star Cruiser hulls that looks like this pig-2.gif The bright white patch in the front could be that small "window" though, it just isn't a window. The viewscreen looks terrible with a dull star field wallpaper (it doesn't even looks like a screen, it's simply a flat poster of stars). But the bridge layout is positively different.

EDIT: And ALL the workstations on the bridge are busy monitoring a single hall corridor inside the ship...​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    garaks31 wrote: »
    how about with some improvement
    *snip*

I don't get it, you were going to post pictures of improvements, instead you accidentally posted some Galaxy Quest rip offs pig-8.gif.
    gannadene wrote: »
    Non-derivative? It's just an ugly Sovereign. Which itself is basically just an Intrepid. The Odyssey is nearly the same ship. Hell, a good 80% of all post-Voyager ships have that same exact, ugly, flying spearhead Apple product-in-space derivative shape.

Sure, sure. Meanwhile in the real world here we recognise that the Star Cruisers do not look anything like a Sovereign, which looks nothing like an Intrepid, all three of which look nothing like an Odyssey. You're zero for four there. Literally nothing about them in shape, style, configuration, or silhouette is similar. The closest your going to get is that the Oddy and Sovereign share a similar saucer shape and the Sovereign and Intrepid have saucers that attach directly onto the engineering hull and above it.
    I don't think the Emissary is the ugliest ship ever made, but it still has the same problem most modern Fed ships have, in that it's the same generic ship put through a toffee puller. There's only so many times I can see a Galaxy someone beat with a mallet into a pancake before I say enough is enough.

So every single Starfleet vessel in the entire franchise except the Defiant, Raven, Obereth, and Sidney then? 'Cus even the Sabre is just an exaggeration of the same basic shape if we follow your logic that was put through a toffee puller.
    If you want a t6 of a ship that needs it and doesn't look like the same old Fed ship we've all seen a hundred times, give us a t6 patrol escort. Probably the most visually successful internal design Cryptic ever made, and it's still stuck in tier 5.

So a saucer with the nacelles on the hull (or clipping through it on some of them). Wow, much different, many new. And I like the Patrol Escort
    But @artan42 I also came to the conclusion that the bridge is nowhere to be found on the ship models - look at the ceiling, it has a "glass roof" all around - there is nothing on the Star Cruiser hulls that looks like this

Is it glass? I forgot to look up to be honest. Oh well, maybe it's a glass roof looking up at the deck above pig-2.gif.
    The bright white patch in the front could be that small "window" though, it just isn't a window. The viewscreen looks terrible with a dull star field wallpaper (it doesn't even looks like a screen, it's simply a flat poster of stars).

I did say that, it's how windows were done back then. The way it's framed suggests it's a window and not a viewscreen due to the thickness (and obviously the corresponding shape on the ships model).
    EDIT: And ALL the workstations on the bridge are busy monitoring a single hall corridor inside the ship...

It's an important corridor. I was there once, they need to check to see if I come back.​​

#TASforSTO

• chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    I wouldn't buy one. I'd buy every Rom and KDF ship for my alts before buying a tier whatever shovel with zen.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    Nope, don't care for the space whale, that Orca got beached a long time ago, so as an extinct species let it go the way of the Dino.

REASON: 1. Old and Crusty, as well as an eyesore
    2. Focus on new and better designs. More modern types with their variants.

Instead the Emmisary, purchase the Oddy, it is a far superior & sexy machine.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg

Do not compete with a literal wild sow. The Orions don't invite me any more since the... incident pig-36.gifpig-47.gif
    I think we should compare log entries to make sure we're talking about the same 'incident' ;)

I think we should compare log entries to make sure we're talking about the same 'incident' ;)

I don't keep logs. That's evidence. I'm not a fool pig-4.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif