test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TOS Holograms and Specialization Training!

Why can't the TOS Holograms (i.e. Sulu, Chekov )_be trained in Specialization of; Pilot, Temporal, Command, Intel etc... but an Android, can?

Side note to programmers-Uniform Dress Code;
Can we please have control over Aliens / Androids like; Andrea & Leeta and their clothing attire as these people are not passengers but members of a crew, logically, to coin a phrase, they should be dress like one...Right?!
Kirk out!

Answers

• Options
    alphagoralphagor Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Erm, they can mate. You are doing something wrong mate.
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I train my holo Sulus as pilots, Spocks as Command and so on. So, yeah, you can.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    hmkchmkc Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    First and foremost =thanks= for the response all - however - something must be wrong with my account - since I've done this before with other character, with no problems but...

Here is my process just in case:
    - Click on TOS Character. - Lets say Sulu
    - Click on - SKILLS
    - Click on Specialization - (Train in Specialization)
    - Click on Make my selection from the drop box - (Selections are lit-up in this case PILOT)
    - Click Learn Specialization - (I have over 10mil points - so it shouldn't be a problem)
    - Click -OK- Consume 20,000 Points - (From the training manuals which I have)

And then,

Nothing happens and the points are not deducted from Specialization point bank!

If I'm in ERROR with this process, please let me know...

Thanks!
    Kirk out!
  • Options
    redspecter23redspecter23 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Make sure you're in a ground based instance like Earth Space Dock and give it another shot. I've been unable to learn specialties while on fleet holdings and in space instances. Not quite sure why, but it bugs out as you describe. The option to train lights up as normal, but clicking it does basically nothing.
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Have you promoted them to commander? Since you have access to skills at lower ranks now and only need the ranks to learn more or switch to extras, it's easy to overlook.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    if doing it at esd doesnt work, try sector space.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    hmkchmkc Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Hey Guys....Thanks Once again for all suggestions.....but here we go...

"Have you promoted them to commander? Since you have access to skills at lower ranks now and only need the ranks to learn more or switch to extras, it's easy to overlook."

Yes all TOS are all full Cmd. maxed.

I tried to apply specialization in both Main Space Dock, Sector Space on the ground in space, Station K -13 etc but, no go!!

I'm stumped I guess I'll open up a Ticket Request - it just so funny, everything is lit up and it makes the sound that the process has gone through but it doesn't.

Kirk out!
  • Options
    alphagoralphagor Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Sorry to hear bud. Yeah, opening a ticket is and should always be a first priority if something is buggy, thats my first way also. Support usually replies in 3-5 days for non-lifer accounts and within 12-24h (I had as low as 1h) for lifers.

One other thing you might want to try is test if this only happens on the TOS holo boffs for you. Get a random boff, give him pilot (thats like 150k only on ex). If it works, try dismissing a TOS boff and reclaim it from the cstore to try pilot on him again.