test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Demand for a T6 Emissary Star Cruiser

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Yes! I want a T6 Emissary!
    I prefer the Emissary nacelles with one of the rounder hulls, but I don't know which one it was. Nomad or Sentinel?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    I prefer the nacelles upward rather than drooping down and a little less of the hunchback with one of the other models.

Vanguard Nacelles
    Sentinel Pylons
    Sentinel Hull
    Emissary Saucer
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Yes please - I do like the visuals on the 'Star Cruisers' .... maybe a Typhoon Star Cruiser? :O

@Artan42 Did my comment above ( ^^ ) ... appeal to your senses? and may I have my daily supply of marmite rations?

No it did not and so you shall not have your ration.

The Typhoon is a glorious battleship/battlecruiser/dreadnought/heavycruiser/assaultship/bloodyawsomeship NOT a Star Cruiser.

BAD HUMAN.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    PFFK55s.jpg

WFs2w8K.jpg

8ioHtLv.jpg​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Nah, I wouldn't mind if they don't bring the Emissary back.
    Voted no because I personally do not want one. But I would have nothing actually against someone getting this ship if they desire it.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I voted yes because I want to see everyone get the ship they want. I have absolutely no interest in this ship and wouldn't buy it myself. I will say however..
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Demands for any new feddie bear ship will get a no vote from me until the KDF gets a t6 Vor'cha.

I 100% agree with this. The T6 Vor'cha should be next without question and the T6 Nova should come for Feds before a Star Cruiser.

What if it had a meta trait? B)
    Tza0PEl.png
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    Demands for any new feddie bear ship will get a no vote from me until the KDF gets a t6 Vor'cha.

^that but still a no vote for the fed ship after the KDF get ships :smiley:
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User

^that but still a no vote for the fed ship after the KDF get ships :smiley:

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that the KDF will EVER get their T6 Vor'cha....

Nothing is ever certain and so there is a chance it can still happen.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    I loved the design, but hated the boff seating, flew one test mission, then discarded it. T6 version, with level appropriate boff seating? Yes please :sunglasses:

But.

I'd much rather see more new Klingon ships before any new Fed content :sunglasses:
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    I would definitely like to see one eventually.

Let the KDF and Roms have a huge influx of ships first, though.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Yes but only if we get a T6 Nova, Luna, Olympic and Rapier out of then at the same time.
    SulMatuul.png
    My two favourite kitbashes...
    26763634944_dea31d1a5f_o.png
    27308028831_561c892ab5_o.png
    ​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

@artan42 how do you get the material to be that bright? I use Type-5 which is already the brightest I have, but take a look at my screens above. I like the first kitbash as well, but that's a Nomad and that is tied to the fleet version which is in no universe worth four modules (=2000 zen or ~80 million EC). I'd wish they'd sell ship skins for 400zen again.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    @angrytarg The pics were take in the Foundry so the lighting is different. I'm also too cheap to throw down for a Nomad skin pig-2.gif.​​

#TASforSTO

Ah, I see. I'd love to try a Nomad but I never got why they think those fleet ships are worth four modules instead of one...​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I don't know that I'd say I have a demand for that particular ship per se, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to the powers that be cranking one out. Though with that being said, I should also like to see comparable options made for KDF and Roms as well.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I selected no only because there are other ships which I feel are more deserving of being added first.
    artan42 wrote: »
    ​​
    This, is why we need a T6 Emissary :sunglasses:

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    ​​

To me it looks like a flattened dyson science destroyer. Are you folks sure this ship did not spend an extended period of time in the event horizon of a black hole?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Ah, I see. I'd love to try a Nomad but I never got why they think those fleet ships are worth four modules instead of one...​​

Luckily, I got the Nomad skin when it was still a C-Store purchase. (And much cheaper than modern re(tro)fits, but it was "only" a new skin, no new stats.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    questerius wrote: »
    ​​

To me it looks like a flattened dyson science destroyer. Are you folks sure this ship did not spend an extended period of time in the event horizon of a black hole?
    Anything's possible ;)

I like the Kelvin Timeline-style nacelles :sunglasses:

• roborobin96roborobin96 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Can we get a T6 Nova first, please?
    830px-Vesta_side.jpg

Who's the prettiest of them all?
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    I see. Yes, I do like that one, very pretty and looks like the result of an advanced, civilized society. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    I picked up the MU assault cruiser variant, as I figured the tactical lean would be better for my playstyle than the more science-leaning star cruiser. Loaded up with Kelvin Timeline phasers and photo torpedoes, it's not bad, I'll see how far it can be pushed :sunglasses:

Z6iiYX6.jpg

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    I picked up the MU assault cruiser variant, as I figured the tactical lean would be better for my playstyle than the more science-leaning star cruiser. Loaded up with Kelvin Timeline phasers and photo torpedoes, it's not bad, I'll see how far it can be pushed :sunglasses:

Z6iiYX6.jpg

Personally i am quite fond of the MU Heavy Cruiser with stargazer visuals.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mirror_Universe_Heavy_Cruiser_Retrofit

It's nimble and has a decent tactical seating.
    Using ambush style attacks with the console from this ship is great fun: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Heavy_Cruiser_Refit
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    questerius wrote: »

Z6iiYX6.jpg

Personally i am quite fond of the MU Heavy Cruiser with stargazer visuals.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mirror_Universe_Heavy_Cruiser_Retrofit

It's nimble and has a decent tactical seating.
    Using ambush style attacks with the console from this ship is great fun: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Heavy_Cruiser_Refit
    I've often used the heavy cruisers while levelling, but I really like the look of the seating on that mirror version! :sunglasses: