test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lobi Sale - Did you get anything ?

I got fed up with hearing the constant praise for the Boolean Heavy assault cannon in game and around the forums...
So I picked it up yesterday for a mere 40 Lobi.

Damn... The praise is real.
Boolean Heavy Assault Cannon, A.K.A; The Boomstick

Holy F. :tongue:

Anyone else get anything useful/fun from the sale ?

Edit: I almost picked up the Privateer armor as well for 160 lobi.... If the sale is still on tonight, I might pick that up also.
Good buy ? Or should I just keep using my Adv Fleet Recoil +80% Crit Sev armor and save my remaining Lobi for a ship ?

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg

Comments

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Bought the Elachi console. Also a Palisade, hoping to sell it soon so that I can buy a Briostrys.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I got the Herald armour. I might grab a costume too just for some space barbie I think. Nowt else to spend it on really these days.
    SulMatuul.png
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Nah, I've got pretty much all the space sets and I've no room left for buying ships on a whim; I'm waiting for the T6 Temporal Destroyer (hint, hint).
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    I didn't get anything, as I know Cryptic: they're doing a Lobi sales now; and then, when it ends on Monday, the next day (the 12th) they'll want you to shell out for the Galaxy interior pack again. I'll just wait for the latter.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    I got a lot of money for old keys that have been clogging up my bank.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Thanks to the Lobi Sale, the price on Lobi Ships has dropped, so I was able to score a Vengeance for one of my alts. Price dropped from 295M to 200M in a day, can't complain there.

I might pick up one of those Lobi Phaser Pistols for my Engineer, I still have some Lobi left to get rid of. I have the Boolean Cannon and I don't like the Herald Staff, that seems like the next best option.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    I might get the vaadwaur shield stripper, but haven't decided.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • telekill2012telekill2012 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I'd get a Talaxian Boff but have zero Lobi crystals.

What is the best way to get lobi crystals without opening boxes?
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Unfortunately, there is no other way besides opening boxes.

A long time back, they used to do weeks where you could run certain missions for Lobi but they quit doing that in order to try and force people to buy keys.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • telekill2012telekill2012 Member Posts: 46 Arc User

Unfortunately, there is no other way besides opening boxes.

A long time back, they used to do weeks where you could run certain missions for Lobi but they quit doing that in order to try and force people to buy keys.

Oh... :'(
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    Some times you can get Lobi from R&D Packs or DOff Packs, but not right now.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Dunno... I might buy another Boolean Cannon for another tact character, but it will only act as a secondary weapon. The Plasma Wide Beam Rifle is basically the de facto weapon I give to all my characters and Boffs.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    jslyn wrote: »
    Some times you can get Lobi from R&D Packs or DOff Packs, but not right now.

Only when there is a promo ship attached to 'em. It has been quite a long time since promo ships were tied to Doff Packs. Promo ships have basically found a "permanent" home with R&D packs.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    I might pick up one of those Lobi Phaser Pistols for my Engineer, I still have some Lobi left to get rid of. I have the Boolean Cannon and I don't like the Herald Staff, that seems like the next best option.

Give some thought to the Sphere Builder ground weapon. It has a full auto sweep attack that exploits.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    is the NX worth it? I have something like 999 lobi I've accumulated over the past couple years
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Already had the boolean cannon and the WoK phaser pistol, so nothing really demanding my lobi atm.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I grabbed the privateer costume for a couple toons. Am pondering a handful of lobi goodies yet still. So many neat things, so little lobi! XD Pondering kelvin timeline uniforms to go with my fed toons that have the intel dreads.

Dyson science destroyer also a possibility. Though might wait 'til the next lobi sale. XD
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Nope, because I do not open lock boxes and nothing lobi-only (meaning the instant-bound items) even interest me right now.
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    is the NX worth it? I have something like 999 lobi I've accumulated over the past couple years

Just my own opinion, but yes, I think it's definitely worth it, especially at a reduced price during a sale. I got one for my main Tac captain nearly a year ago now, and I'm loving it.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    qOZMYJr.jpg
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • gannadenegannadene Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Nah. Lobi is extremely difficult (and very expensive) to obtain. Lobi ships are also the only way of obtaining certain traits, and I still need a couple of those before I could even consider getting "luxury" items.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    I ended up with the two vaadwaur weapons for my reman science character. Decided to go for a vaadwaur them on that one. Shield drain and hitting hard seems like a good combo.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    if you buy a lobi outfit, can the boffs wear them too? I have not found a uniform fro my fed rom i like yet
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    if you buy a lobi outfit, can the boffs wear them too? I have not found a uniform fro my fed rom i like yet

Yes they can wear some parts, can't guarantee it works for all of them though.

There's still a lot of silly tailor restrictions but the Lobi costumes generally are faction-free.
    SulMatuul.png
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    No the sale went live 2 days AFTER I bought my Mirror Oddy uniforms to finish what I started a year or so ago. They announced it afterwards and I was like "Well....smeg."
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    No the sale went live 2 days AFTER I bought my Mirror Oddy uniforms to finish what I started a year or so ago. They announced it afterwards and I was like "Well....smeg."

That's why you don't buy ANYTHING till it's on sale.
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    I got the Boolean Cannon for 7 characters. I did 15k critical hit with it and it's not even upgraded yet. :open_mouth:
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    I got the new Plasma console, after all, so I have at least the 2-piece set (seriously, Cryptic, 30 sec cd on the Tricobalt?! I can brew a cup of tea in that time, and drink it too).
    3lsZz0w.jpg