test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mattachine is recruiting (LGBTQIAS)

mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
edited September 2017 in Qo'noS
nuqneH brave LGBTQIAS Klingon warriors!

Welcome to Mattachine (formerly known as TMT (est. 2009))

The House of Mattachine is always recruiting more honourable warriors to join the ranks.

The MMORPG and LGBTQIAS friendly guild Mattachine, with branches in both Star Trek Online and Champions Online!
GLBT LGBT
So if you seek a LGBTQIAS friendly guild to have a good time and enjoy some nice company, we hope that you will check us out. The main objective of the guild is for everyone to have fun, and second to help each other out. This means teaming for difficult missions, answering questions etc. Other than that we emphasize that we have no complex rank structure and practice "minimal government", so to speak. That is why our guild is all about its members. The Officers will only be around to make sure things run smoothly. It is the members that makes what this guild is and what it will become.
Klingon House of Mattachine Klingon House of T'Mt Fleet
Our guiding principle is acceptance and diversity.
Mattachine Society TMT The Next Generation Fleet
Many of our members have been in the Beta test of both games in the Closed and Open versions, we have many Lifetime Subscribers as well.
lesbians gays bisexuals transsexuals TRIBBLE
All women who loves women, men who loves men, Bisexual, Transsexual and our Straight friends are welcome to join as long as they are as accepting of our diversity as we are. This means we should all show tolerance for each other. No matter which label we have put or not put on ourself. We have members of all nationalities and all over the world that span from the west coast of the USA over to EU onward to Oceania.
Lesbians Gays Bisexuals Transsexuals TRIBBLE
To join us click on the text anywhere in this post to contact us.
TRIBBLE TRIBBLE bisexual transsexual,
Aenar, Caitian, Android, Trill, Hologram, Cardassian, Founder, Bajoran, Klingon, Gorn, Nausicaan, Orion, Pride, PRIDE, Stonewall, Riots, Homosexuals,Jem'Hadar, Breen, Xindi, Undine, Iconian, Bynar, Rigelian, Denobulan,
So please don't be shy let it be known that you're interested.
Deltan, Antedean, Antican, Selay, Romulan, Reman, Phylosian, Aurelian, Skorr, Aquan,
May your name be for ever honored in the Great Hall of Warriors!
Andorian, Tellarite, Vulcan, Betazoid, Human, Benzite, Bolian, Ferengi, Borg, Saurian, Lethean, Vorta,

What does the name Mattachine come from?

Mattachine have gotten its name from the civil rights movement that pre-dated Stonewall with decades, called the Mattachine Society.

The Mattachine Society used so-called harlequin diamonds as their emblem. The design consisted of four diamonds arranged in a pattern to form a larger diamond.

But the name has an even older history then that.

Mattachine was also a medieval and renaissance French secret society of masked men who, that through their anonymity, were empowered to criticize ruling monarchs with impunity.

This French group was named in turn after Mattaccino. The name comes from a character in Italian theatre. The name comes from the word "mattinate" (which means: mornings), and included going long hours, until morning and having fun. Mattaccino was a kind of court jester, who would speak the truth to the king when nobody else would.

The word "mattachin" however originally came from Moorish sword-dancers who wore elaborate, colourful costumes and masks and it is derived from the Arabic word mutawajjihin which means "mask-wearers".

We think that playing long hours, until morning and having fun is a great way to describe our guild.

We think that speaking the truth and criticizing the rulers fits in with the Klingon way of honesty and honor in Star Trek Online.

Post edited by mattachine on

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    pazuzuwindpazuzuwind Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hello. New player in the market for a Klingon specific fleet here. I like that you are LGBT[...] positive. Are you an RP fleet? Also, I'm new and have an extraordinary habit of getting blown out of the stars. Do you help newbies get started, give help w/ missions and advice of ships and space battles and the like? Do you have events?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    We have a dedicated RP chat channel in the guild. The guild spans STO, Neverwinter and Champions. We would like to have more RP going on. Send a mail in game to @simale for more questions.
  • Options
    disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    whats the +s?
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Makes sence. But doesnt that mean you're an everyonr friendly flamboyant fleet?

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Yes, we're open for everyone, as long as everyone is respectful of our diversity and equality. Plus that they are friendly. I won't say we're the friendliest fleet in the game, but we're up there in the top of the friendliest fleets in the game. That friendliness is something we value a lot. We try as much as possible to help each other out.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    mattachine wrote: »
    Yes, we're open for everyone, as long as everyone is respectful of our diversity and equality. Plus that they are friendly. I won't say we're the friendliest fleet but we're up there in the top friendliest fleets. Something we value a lot. We try as much as possible to help each other out.

This helping your membership get traction?

• Options
    edited April 2014
    This helping your membership get traction?

If you mean my honesty, I'm not sure. I rather be honest then lie and claim we are the friendliest (even though many said so over the years). Because as I have not been part of or interacted with every other single fleet in the game I can not claim we are the friendliest. To find that out we need some sort of poll or or contest done. But I know that we are amongst the friendliest ones.
  • Options
    pazuzuwindpazuzuwind Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi. Thanks for the reply. My first toon already has a fleet now. I'll consider you guys for my second toon when I get around to making it. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    If you mean my honesty, I'm not sure. I rather be honest then lie and claim we are the friendliest (even though many said so over the years). Because as I have not been part of or interacted with every other single fleet in the game I can not claim we are the friendliest. To find that out we need some sort of poll or or contest done. But I know that we are amongst the friendliest ones.

Well to be fair the kdf always has had a small playerbase.

Add to that the nature of your membership, being that there are those who will avoid you more than the usual fleet. Altho not sure those people will make much of a difference.

And sprinkle in a little already existing fleets catering you your demographic.

And its a wonder any new fleet gets any membership, at least on the kdf side.

Honestly I'm just bumping your thread, since you aren't really allowed to do it on your own that often.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Well to be fair the kdf always has had a small playerbase.

Add to that the nature of your membership, being that there are those who will avoid you more than the usual fleet. Altho not sure those people will make much of a difference.

And sprinkle in a little already existing fleets catering you your demographic.

And its a wonder any new fleet gets any membership, at least on the kdf side.

Honestly I'm just bumping your thread, since you aren't really allowed to do it on your own that often.

Yes, sadly the KDF player base is smaller then the FED. In part I think a lot have to do with how that faction has been treated since day 1 of this game. If it had been treated as an equal to the FED from day one, then I think we would have seen a lot more KDF players.

Our guild has been around since 2009 since before the game launched and have seen many bring those issues up. They would have made a KDF toon if they didn't have to wait to level 20 to start it. Or if there were more missions to do. Or if they had more costume options. Or if they had more ships. Or if they had more species to play.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yes, sadly the KDF player base is smaller then the FED. In part I think a lot have to do with how that faction has been treated since day 1 of this game. If it had been treated as an equal to the FED from day one, then I think we would have seen a lot more KDF players.

Our guild has been around since 2009 since before the game launched and have seen many bring those issues up. They would have made a KDF toon if they didn't have to wait to level 20 to start it. Or if there were more missions to do. Or if they had more costume options. Or if they had more ships. Or if they had more species to play.

Well theres also the fact that captain kirk wasnt klingon.

The KDF really just doesnt have the draw the feds have.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Well Worf was Klingon and he was in 2 series.

But I agree, KDf sadly doesn't have the draw like the FED does.. But that is something Cryptic could have predicted and worked on changing by making it an awesome experience playing them. With more species and costume options more ships and so on then the FED has. Then more might be lured over to the right side in this conflict. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well Worf was Klingon and he was in 2 series.

But I agree, KDf sadly doesn't have the draw like the FED does.. But that is something Cryptic could have predicted and worked on changing by making it an awesome experience playing them. With more species and costume options more ships and so on then the FED has. Then more might be lured over to the right side in this conflict. :)

Michael dorn also holds the record for appearing in the most episoded for any character.

Second only to jeffrey combs who played multiple characters and holds the record for most appeareances in a single episode (as multiple characters)

Personally I never really liked the aestitic of klingon ships. I have afew and it just never hooks me in.

But yes perhaps if there was more there, I mean there is alot more there then when I started my first klingon, back when there were only 2 sector blocks, but still.

• Options
    nimue555nimue555 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have 3 just KDF characters and though I have ZEN to buy ships or Fleet Marks when at that - I have to agree that I can't "find" a ship I would love to have, love to fly as I do with for FEDs Caitian Atrox or for ROM Scimitars.

Thank you h3r0 for bumping our thread.

Somebody asked about the events. We have once a month we run Seek and Hide event with nice rewards.
    Am I the only one really annoyed with Cryptic recently?
  • Options
    mycroft1701mycroft1701 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nimue555 wrote: »
    I have 3 just KDF characters and though I have ZEN to buy ships or Fleet Marks when at that - I have to agree that I can't "find" a ship I would love to have, love to fly as I do with for FEDs Caitian Atrox or for ROM Scimitars.

Thank you h3r0 for bumping our thread.

Somebody asked about the events. We have once a month we run Seek and Hide event with nice rewards.

I recently picked up a Kar'Fi carrier when the last ship sale was on. It quickly became one of my favourite Zen ships (and I have a few lol).

But yeah, generally agree that the KDF don't have as many shinies as the other factions :(
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I recently picked up a Kar'Fi carrier when the last ship sale was on. It quickly became one of my favourite Zen ships (and I have a few lol).

But yeah, generally agree that the KDF don't have as many shinies as the other factions :(

I do like the mogh tho. Just not as much as most of my fed side ships.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I do like the look of the Mogh (it's basically a copy & paste of the Avenger which my Feds have). I'm just not sure which of my KDF toons would use it.

I suppose I could start up a new toon, but I'm not sure my alt-addiction needs feeding :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I do like the look of the Mogh (it's basically a copy & paste of the Avenger which my Feds have). I'm just not sure which of my KDF toons would use it.

I suppose I could start up a new toon, but I'm not sure my alt-addiction needs feeding :)

You know you want to feed it....

feed it...
    feed it!
    FEED IT!!

• Options
    edited May 2014
    You know you want to feed it....

feed it...
    feed it!
    FEED IT!!

I'm sure it will get fed again eventually! But I have (I think) at least 4 or 5 toons already that need some serious love (well at least gear, and a respec or 2 here and there wouldn't hurt either)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    nuqneH brave LGBT+S Klingon warriors!

Welcome to Mattachine (formerly known as TMT (est. 2009))

The House of Mattachine is always recruiting more honourable warriors to join the ranks.

The MMORPG and LGBT+S friendly guild Mattachine, with branches in both Star Trek Online and Champions Online!
    GLBT
    So if you seek a LGBT+S friendly guild to have a good time and enjoy some nice company, we hope that you will check us out. The main objective of the guild is for everyone to have fun, and second to help each other out. This means teaming for difficult missions, answering questions etc. Other than that we emphasize that we have no complex rank structure and practice "minimal government", so to speak. That is why our guild is all about its members. The Officers will only be around to make sure things run smoothly. It is the members that makes what this guild is and what it will become.
    Klingon House of Mattachine Klingon House of T'Mt Fleet
    Our guiding principle is acceptance and diversity.
    Mattachine Society TMT The Next Generation Fleet
    Many of our members have been in the Beta test of both games in the Closed and Open versions, we have many Lifetime Subscribers as well.
    lesbians gays bisexuals transsexuals TRIBBLE
    All TRIBBLE, TRIBBLE, Bisexual, Transsexual and our Straight friends are welcome to join as long as they are as accepting of our diversity as we are. This means we should all show tolerance for each other. No matter which label we have put or not put on ourself. We have members of all nationalities and all over the world that span from the west coast of the USA over to EU onward to Oceania.
    Lesbians Gays Bisexuals Transsexuals TRIBBLE
    To join, click the icons in the signature or contact us in the game: @Simale, @burwellian, @nimue_aline, @branovices
    TRIBBLE TRIBBLE bisexual transsexual,
    Aenar, Caitian, Android, Trill, Hologram, Cardassian, Founder, Bajoran, Klingon, Gorn, Nausicaan, Orion, Pride, PRIDE, Stonewall, Riots, Homosexuals,Jem'Hadar, Breen, Xindi, Undine, Iconian, Bynar, Rigelian, Denobulan,
    So please don't be shy let it be known that you're interested.
    Deltan, Antedean, Antican, Selay, Romulan, Reman, Phylosian, Aurelian, Skorr, Aquan,
    May your name be for ever honored in the Great Hall of Warriors!
    Andorian, Tellarite, Vulcan, Betazoid, Human, Benzite, Bolian, Ferengi, Borg, Saurian, Lethean, Vorta,

What does Mattachine come from?

Mattachine have gotten its name from the civil rights movement that pre-dated Stonewall with decades, called the Mattachine Society.

The Mattachine Society used so-called harlequin diamonds as their emblem. The design consisted of four diamonds arranged in a pattern to form a larger diamond.

But the name has an even older history then that.

Mattachine was also a medieval and renaissance French secret society of masked men who, that through their anonymity, were empowered to criticize ruling monarchs with impunity.

This French group was named in turn after Mattaccino. The name comes from a character in Italian theatre. The name comes from the word "mattinate" (which means: mornings), and included going long hours, until morning and having fun. Mattaccino was a kind of court jester, who would speak the truth to the king when nobody else would.

The word "mattachin" however originally came from Moorish sword-dancers who wore elaborate, colourful costumes and masks and it is derived from the Arabic word mutawajjihin which means "mask-wearers".

We think that playing long hours, until morning and having fun is a great way to describe our guild.

We think that speaking the truth and criticizing the rulers fits in with the Klingon way of honesty and honour in Star Trek Online.

In honour of the Risa event, Gorn jamaharon is now available for new members! (Claws optional!)

In all seriousness anyone needing a home in STO (or CO / NWO for that matter) should give us a look :)
  • Options
    nimue555nimue555 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The MMORPG and LGBT+S friendly guild Mattachine, with branches in either Star Trek Online, Neverwinter Online and Champions Online!

If you want to join fill the Mattachine Guild Application Form - http://tinyurl.com/mattachine-join and somebody will contact you.
    Am I the only one really annoyed with Cryptic recently?
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    We're still recruiting and would love to have some additions to our family. We're open for everyone as long as you are helpful, tolerant, open minded and don't like drama.

You'll find our FAQ here:
    http://www.mattachine.epizy.com/faq.html

Fill out this super easy application form you join, or contact either @commander88 or @simale in game for invites.
    http://www.mattachine.epizy.com/join.html

The only requirement is, after joining, to read our rules and accepting them.
    Post edited by mattachine on
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Come and join us. We'd love to have you. Our application is really easy to fill out and will take no more than a couple of minutes. Our applications are checked frequently as well. Come join the party.

Bad, bad Necro. Post is more that 30 days old. You should have made a new one.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    trennan wrote: »
    Come and join us. We'd love to have you. Our application is really easy to fill out and will take no more than a couple of minutes. Our applications are checked frequently as well. Come join the party.

Bad, bad Necro. Post is more that 30 days old. You should have made a new one.

Just so I get this right, you are (almost a year after the post was made) criticizing Arkeiris for doing a Necro? Is that correct?