test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Lobi Battle Armour

Greetings:
I am soliciting opinions on the best Battle Armour in the Lobi store to buy; if it is worth it; and if I should go for a regular/upgraded regular Armour instead. I have previously been using the Na'khul Armour and love it for my style of play. Interested if a Lobi Armour would be worth it.
LLAP........PEACE!

Comments

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I've never thought of any of the lobi armor as 'best', mainly because they are not part of sets, and those bonuses are usually half the reason why people use them. My suggestion is to take your lobi to the Tribble server via Character Transfer (or multiple transfers to multiply your lobi! ;) ) and buy all the armors you like and go run around and get shot at and see which works for you. Chances are you won't care to buy any on Holodeck after you get to try them out.

That being said...I did buy the Hirogen armor, and used it for a bit. I don't do a lot of ground other than the Episodes so no real 'stress test'. Currently one of my Boffs wears it.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Greetings:
    I am soliciting opinions on the best Battle Armour in the Lobi store to buy; if it is worth it; and if I should go for a regular/upgraded regular Armour instead. I have previously been using the Na'khul Armour and love it for my style of play. Interested if a Lobi Armour would be worth it.
    LLAP........PEACE!

Herald armor + Nakuhl shield & gun enhance the Crit stats of your toon nicely. My three main ground toons all use that combo at the moment.

(Advanced fleet armor with Crit D instead of Herald is a much cheaper and not at all weaker solution though; I use that for the rest of my toons)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    Depends on your character.

The (Faction) Experimental Environmental Suit (c. 2293) is probably the best armor in the game for a space wizard. The Herald Tactical Armor is ok. Everything else is probably not worth 200 lobi.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    For me the lobi Privateer combat armor is the best. Its got 28% dodge which cuts incoming damage in half when it triggers and then resistance cuts the damage in half again. Along with 48 Kit Performance and 48 Kit Readiness.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    I use the Privateer armour too. The defence is sub-par but it does boost kit modules nicely.
    Q9BWcdD.png
    edited September 2017
    lopequil wrote: »
    I use the Privateer armour too. The defence is sub-par but it does boost kit modules nicely.
    It cut most damage in half before factoring in resistance which lowers it even more. I wouldn't call that subpar defense. Its what I use to get past round 100 in the arena. If you crouch with Privateer armour 80% of damage is cut in half pre resistance.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I got the undine armor and so far it's been pretty good, the only real weakpoints are no set power, which isn't that big of a deal, and the fairly low eneygy resist, which is easily covered with the fleet elite shield I got and a slight rework of my traits. I actually got tankier from the switch from my terran/cc set up.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    It cut most damage in half before factoring in resistance which lowers it even more. I wouldn't call that subpar defense. Its what I use to get past round 100 in the arena. If you crouch with Privateer armour 80% of damage is cut in half pre resistance.
    Crouching is rarely an option in lightning rounds.

The Privateer Armor is far less flexible than the Experimental EV suit. The EV has high resists and debuffs the damage output of enemies that shoot you. If you want that Dodge bonus, put on the Omega shield. Then you have high resistances when you have to be mobile and high Dodge when you are not. Best of both worlds.
    edited September 2017
    redvenge wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Crouching is rarely an option in lightning rounds.

The Privateer Armor is far less flexible than the Experimental EV suit. The EV has high resists and debuffs the damage output of enemies that shoot you. If you want that Dodge bonus, put on the Omega shield. Then you have high resistances when you have to be mobile and high Dodge when you are not. Best of both worlds.
    Yes it is an option you just ignore the lighting. It’s not like it hurts you with Privateer Armor. If you stack the Privateer and Omega together you pretty much cut all damage in half. Then more then cut it in half again from resistance which works out far better than the EV debuff.

Due to the scaling resistance the EV is barely any higher we are only taking a tiny difference in resistance. I would rather have the 80% damage reduction I effectively get from Privateer Armor then the 55% damage reduction from EV. The Privateer doge triggers 30% chance on move, 80% on crouch (more with shield), EV is only 5% trigger.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Greetings:
    LLAP........PEACE!

Herald armor + Nakuhl shield & gun enhance the Crit stats of your toon nicely. My three main ground toons all use that combo at the moment. [..]

I assume your secondary weapon is the Na'Kuhl Assassin Plasma Blade? That would round off that awesome crit based set very nicely...

As you know for my main, I use the Imperial Romulan Navy set for the crouch crit bonus and more importantly the team shield buff.

Solo wise, I have to agree the Privateer armor with the Omega shield is an awesome combo. Weapon wise, the Elachi Crescent Canon Pistol is the order of the day with the Plasma Piercing Beam coming in as the second weapon.
    Post edited by aspartan1 on
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
    aspartan1 wrote: »
    Greetings:
    LLAP........PEACE!

Herald armor + Nakuhl shield & gun enhance the Crit stats of your toon nicely. My three main ground toons all use that combo at the moment.

(Advanced fleet armor with Crit D instead of Herald is a much cheaper and not at all weaker solution though; I use that for the rest of my toons)

I assume your secondary weapon is the Na'Kuhl Assassin Plasma Blade? That would round off that awesome crit based set very nicely...

Sadly one has to carry the gun you get from the mission for that. :( It is quiet bad but the shield itself is one if not the best for ground.
    animated.gif
    edited September 2017
    Greetings:
    LLAP........PEACE!

Sadly one has to carry the gun you get from the mission for that. :( It is quiet bad but the shield itself is one if not the best for ground.
    It must be your active weapon? You cant just "carry" it as your second/melee weapon?
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    edited September 2017
    double post

Greetings:
    LLAP........PEACE!

It must be your active weapon? You cant just "carry" it as your second/melee weapon?

yo only carried as secondary weapon. :)
    animated.gif
    Greetings:
    LLAP........PEACE!

yo only carried as secondary weapon. :)
    LOL! You lost me for a second there... Too tired maybe... I know you use a different primary weapon.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    At Epic Mk XIV that Na'kuhl Minigun has a DPS in the 220s. And if you are using the Romulan Imperial Kit you also get a 20% Plasma bonus. If I bring it, it is just slotted
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    I got the 2290's space suit, at epic, and it's pretty wicked.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    I got jemhadar but don't use it

I leveled up the Jem set for my primary Jem BO and it seems pretty good for him.... I've never used it however...
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Herald armor is legit. Plus the visual unlock is even more legit. Especially at Epic. Although at Epic there is one fleet armor that does almost the same thing (I'm still working out which I like more) but I can't for the life of me remember which it is at the moment.. recoil comp maybe? I use one of those anyways with nakuhl shield, nakuhl gun, and usually the herald beatin' stick but interchangeable with a khangun, tr-116, shotty, or your favourite splitbeam.
    The Jem'Hadar Ground Set is not a Lobi item anymore. It is only a costume unlock.

Surely, don't get me going on this one.

You used to be able to earn the three-piece set at Mk XI from the 2800 Missions, pay 150 Lobi, get the Polaron Full Auto Rifle up to VR from Rare, get all three pieces updated to Mk XII, and get the costume unlock. Then they introduced Item Upgrades so you could no longer Upgrade the Set via the Lobi Upgrade. The only thing you could get from the Lobi Store now is the costume unlock AND they jacked the price up from 150 to 200 Lobi. Less is more.

And don't call me Shirley!!! :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    LOL! You lost me for a second there... Too tired maybe... I know you use a different primary weapon.

Ah np, STO Academy seems to work again. Here is the ground setup of one of my tac toons which should illustrate it better. Given the Sompek stuff the two of us pulled I felt it prudent to bring the ground builds on all toons up to spec. :)

Advanced Fleet Recoil (+ 80% Crit D) + Na’kuhl Shieled (10 sec invulnerability every min) + Na’kuhl gun (only for set bonus +2% Crit H & +30% Crit D) + a Lobi weapon like Herald Staff or Boolean pose top combo almost at budget levels.
    animated.gif
    edited September 2017

Ah np, STO Academy seems to work again. Here is the ground setup of one of my tac toons which should illustrate it better. Given the Sompek stuff the two of us pulled I felt it prudent to bring the ground builds on all toons up to spec. :)

Advanced Fleet Recoil (+ 80% Crit D) + Na’kuhl Shieled (10 sec invulnerability every min) + Na’kuhl gun (only for set bonus +2% Crit H & +30% Crit D) + a Lobi weapon like Herald Staff or Boolean pose top combo almost at budget levels.

Yep.. Your CrtD build is pretty damn stellar and seriously on the cheap to say the least. Accordingly, to keep it really cheap for people, I would stay away with the lobi weapon since you are not using lobi armor so everything would be fleet, rep or story based. Consequently, I suggest the Plasma Piercing Beam rifle everyone loves or the Plasma Repeater pistol enjoyed by all with as many CrtD procs as possible.

Speaking of which, you were not online yesterday at the right time but I ran the Uneasy Allies mission again because I got the pistol with CrtDx3 so I toss my Mk XIV one as it was garbage - talk about luck.... Now both of those weapons are CrtDx3 for me. Accordingly, I may have to give up my RIN set and switch to your awesome poorman's build despite losing the most excellent team shield buff from the RIN set as well as the plas dmg bonus.

On a side note, I found out a lot of people dont know the procs on many items, such as the pistol, changes every couple hours. Shoot, I got a VR Vaad torp last time I ran the mission for it when everyone normally get a blue one but I digress....

Regarding STOA, sadly only getting a bunch of ads and nothing else... I even signed up for a new account but garbage shows on both browsers except the ads which work flawlessly... Anyway I'm not a fan of the STOA.

Yep.. Your CritD build is pretty damn stellar and seriously on the cheap to say the least... Accordingly, to keep it really cheap for people, I would stay away with the lobi weapon since you are not using lobi armor so everything is fleet, rep or story based and suggest the Plasma Piercing Beam everyone loves or the Plasma Repeater pistol enjoyed by all with as many CrtD procs as possible.... Speaking of which, you were not online yesterday at the right time but I ran the Uneasy Allies again because I got the pistol with CritDx3 so I toss my Mk XIV one as it was garbage. Talk about luck.... Now both of those weapons are CrtDx3. Accordingly I may have to give up my RIN set switch to your build despite losing the excellent team shield buff.

Sounds good. :)
    animated.gif
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    I got the undine armor and so far it's been pretty good, the only real weakpoints are no set power, which isn't that big of a deal, and the fairly low eneygy resist, which is easily covered with the fleet elite shield I got and a slight rework of my traits. I actually got tankier from the switch from my terran/cc set up.
    One of my dudes has been using Biotech for a long time. That energy negation power almost makes up for the lack of set bonus.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    I got jemhadar but don't use it
    I leveled up the Jem set for my primary Jem BO and it seems pretty good for him.... I've never used it however...
    Jemhadar armor at purple effectively has regen*4 and shregen*2. That is some killer regen. It's energy dampening armor so you have high energy resist on it. The weak point is lack of physical resist.

I've actually been using it on pretty much every character ever since the 2800 FE series was released. Not necessarily on my captain, though some of them do use it, but for story gear it's killer.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    And this Weekend there is a 20% Lobi Sale.

Well I jumped the gun on the Privateer Combat Armor the other day. Based upon discussions in here I equipped that (Epic XIV) and the Omega Shield UR XIV on one of my Characters. Lot's of good dodging. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    We four manned Hive elite this morning wearing the "poor-man" armor configuration previously discussed and no one used any big heals until the queen fight which we did easily. Just sayin'....
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Recoil Compensating - Advanced Fleet Armor (80% crtd)
    Omega Force Armor (5% en, 2.5crth 20%crtd, mobility)
    Terran Reputation Armor (if tac and using "Trajectory bending" kit)
    Temporal Reputation Armor (if sci and focusing on the dot damage)
    Delta Reputation Armor (if engi and fill up the role of bulk-tank in ground combat)

Hope it helps.
    Lobi: Herald Combat Armor (hands-down)
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    casualsto wrote: »
    Recoil Compensating - Advanced Fleet Armor (80% crtd)
    Omega Force Armor (5% en, 2.5crth 20%crtd, mobility)
    Terran Reputation Armor (if tac and using "Trajectory bending" kit)
    Temporal Reputation Armor (if sci and focusing on the dot damage)
    Delta Reputation Armor (if engi and fill up the role of bulk-tank in ground combat)

Hope it helps.
    Lobi: Herald Combat Armor (hands-down)

never parsed it, but isn't the CrtH Adv. Fleet armor prefferable over the CrtD? I mean, depending on your weapon mods, which should be CrtD anyway, if so, you get better stats through CrtH armor and CrtD wepons.
    Go pro or go home