test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

30 Anniv TNG

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Maybe next week?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    The devs do.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Can't wait to get muh skorts finally. I heard somewhere 9/14 the goods start happening but Ive no reference because I don't remember where I got that date from
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Wasn't it the 12th?
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    I thought someone mentioned the 10 but then again that is why I am asking lol
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    The 1st episode of ST:TNG aired on September 28, 1987.

September 28th falls on a Thursday this year. Therefore, if the Devs are going to release anything to coincide with the anniversary, then it will likely be done after maintenance is done for the PC. Personally, I would not make any announcement until just before the servers go up again.
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Personally, I would not make any announcement until just before the servers go up again.

They announced at least some of what they're going to be doing weeks ago at ST:LV -

- Free skant for all players
    - Free Type-8 shuttle for all players
    - Massively upgraded and improved Galaxy Class interior

Of course, we also have the upcoming Featured Ep with LeVar Burton and the Nexus.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    steaen wrote: »
    Personally, I would not make any announcement until just before the servers go up again.

They announced at least some of what they're going to be doing weeks ago at ST:LV -

Of course, we also have the upcoming Featured Ep with LeVar Burton and the Nexus.

I am still holding out for the idea of some form of reputation project for a limited edition t6 Galaxy class or a free galaxy class/gal-x class
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    steaen wrote: »

Its the Type 7 actually. We already have the Type 8 in game.
    I am still holding out for the idea of some form of reputation project for a limited edition t6 Galaxy class or a free galaxy class/gal-x class

I guess we'll see. I'll be sitting over here with my Zen ready to throw at a TNG bundle.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

I guess we'll see. I'll be sitting over here with my Zen ready to throw at a TNG bundle.

hahaha. i'm sure there will be quite a few looking at a TNG bundle!

A shuttle and a uniform dress seems a bit thin for something to celebrate. TNG is what brought STO's imagination to the 25th century and it's what brought DS9 and VOY. My guess is on a galaxy giveaway or a giveaway behind some content gate.

Years ago i remember when the Galaxy class got it's upgrade on this game, almost everyone had their galaxy class out and players taking pictures of such a sight. Perhaps that spirit will come back again, showing all that support for TNG.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    The 1st episode of ST:TNG aired on September 28, 1987.

September 28th falls on a Thursday this year. Therefore, if the Devs are going to release anything to coincide with the anniversary, then it will likely be done after maintenance is done for the PC. Personally, I would not make any announcement until just before the servers go up again.

The FE with Geordi launches on the 12th, so they're starting early. The 25th Anniversary celebration was in July, so at least it isn't that early.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.