Install Arc

Boff space traits

is it better to stack efficient x3
or go efficient x2 and 1 leadership?
u7acy6aymfw7.gif
We Need BERETS in the tailor

Comments

• casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    SRO>Pirate>Efficient>Leadership (only one stack of Leadership - it doesn't stack). Best combo 3x SRO (superior romulan operative - available from the fleet shops for fed/kdf, 1x Pirate/Efficient (PotatoHead mission reward sci boff) and a Leadership (human) Engineer probably.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    I usually just go for 5x SRO. Nothing beats CrtH. Under circumstances, you want one of them Reman Infiltrator boffs too, for the decloak dmg.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    casualsto wrote: »
    SRO>Pirate>Efficient>Leadership (only one stack of Leadership - it doesn't stack). Best combo 3x SRO (superior romulan operative - available from the fleet shops for fed/kdf, 1x Pirate/Efficient (PotatoHead mission reward sci boff) and a Leadership (human) Engineer probably.

I thought the Leadership boff trait stacks, even with the player trait if you're human. The wiki seems to confirm this. Actually all the traits you mentioned stack aside from the stealth component of Pirate which I didn't even know existed until I had a look. Seem to recall Leadership's hull regen was nerfed adjusted a long time ago (?) I think but combined with the sub-system resist it ain't bad.

Don't know if the math confirms it but I'd take Leadership over +7.5 WC efficiency per efficient doff. 2 SRO's, 1 Potatohead, and 2 humans... but that's just me. Your spec is giving you +100 and the space trait Efficient Captain if you have access to it gives +30 so that's already quite a bit combined.

3 efficient boffs would give you about an extra 2.1 power at 25 power or so versus +9% hull regen in combat and +60 subsystem resist for an equal number of human boffs. Which is better?

Edit: space trait WCE changed to efficient captain
    Post edited by protoneous on
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    casualsto wrote: »

Feds also get an aditional pirate for tier 4 diplo doffing. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    SRO>Pirate...the rest does literally nothing
    Go pro or go home
    Am hoping somebody else can hop into this thread regarding leadership and fill in a few things :)

Yes it was fixed about 4 years ago as it was over performing and not working as intended. Can recall it felt pretty useless compared to what is once was after the change:

Updated Leadership:
    This trait now provides a scale .3 Regeneration bonus in-combat, and a scale .6 Regeneration bonus out of combat.
    This power no longer scales off of your amount of crew alive or off your skill points spent in hull repairs.
    Its effectiveness is now constant.
    Leadership's out-of-combat regeneration rate no longer persists during Combat as well.
    Leadership no longer gives regeneration for having 100% of crew alive regardless of how much Crew damage the ship had taken

Of course the crew mechanic was since taken out and never worked right anyway, unless you had a ship with a very small crew... Since then a little googling has brought up that it does not stack, but this was a bug and was to be fixed in a future patch a long, long, time ago.

Currently the wiki indicates it does stack, and in-game indicates +3% hull regen in combat +5% out, and +30 subsystem offline resist. We've had the new skill tree introduced as well. Seems 3 humans are about the equivalent of 1 point into damage control, that is if they stack.

The only thing I can really say I "feel" in combat with two humans on the crew ( and 2 SRO's plus Potato) is the extra subsytem resist.

So, does it stack, and is the +hull regen worth it if it does? Think of this as an expansion of the OP's question Leadships vs Efficient.

• scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    since the revamp efficency is basicly USELESS

jsut test how many points u rly get from it.... pls!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    baudl wrote: »
    SRO>Pirate...the rest does literally nothing

Didn't see your post up when I was composing mine but am beginning to think you probably summed things up in one short sentence.

3 Efficient gives +2 power in any sub-system at 25 power = diddly over squat

3 Leadership gives equivalent to about 1 point in dmg control = diddly over squat

• feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    for fed:
    all tactical slots with superior romulan operatives (rare male romulan tacticals from embassy)
    1x eng pirate (nausicaan, diplomacy t4)
    1x hierarchy doff (sci/pirate, episode reward)

if there is room, mostly it might be a human engineer for leadership or the Krenim Boffs from the Research Lab (in most cases it will be the eng one) might be worth a look too with the cd reduction to all eng or sci or tac cooldowns

kdf:
    all tactical slots with superior romulan operatives (rare male romulan tacticals from embassy)
    rest nausicaans with pirate (exchange). in case you dont have enough resources to get the superior operatives, just more nausicaans with pirate

rom:
    depend a bit on the ship, for ships with a battle cloak:
    4x superior romulan operatives (romulan, rare/very rare from exchange)
    1x superior infiltrator (reman, rare/very rare from exchange)
    in case you have bought the bit delta bundle, you could use the tactical reman from that pack instead of the exchange one. this one give you superior romulan operative AND superior infiltrator.

for all warp core ships with a romulan just 5x superior romulan operatives
    Post edited by felisean on
    fed:
    kdf:
    rom:

Thanks @felisean and @baudl. For some reason the OP's post made me want to revisit 2 things that aren't really relevant anymore. No harm done. Thanks :smile:
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    I find it sad, that those traits aren't assignable, or trainable. It kind of bothers me that I kind of "have" to buy 2-3 romulan boffs.
    Why is there no option that once you unlock a trait on a Boff, that you can give that trait to any boff, like you can do with their abilities? Or even an unlock for exchangeable traits like your own exchangeable traits for your boffs, the UI for it is even there already.
    Go pro or go home
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    i am pretty sure leadership stacks... least it did before the skill revamp.

i'll check next time I am on my fed cap in earth space... but leadership boosts repairs by 20 I think.
    dont need the Sontaran, lots of bridge officers have efficient. with the nerf of leech, at least having 1 bo with efficient isnt that bad to have, especially if you run some systems at 15% or lower? (I forget how low you can go on power settings)

I prefer to have a all purple crew so no blue SRO for fed/kdf toons.

The kremin only reduces their own skills... I guess you can have 3 (1 for each class) and only use the 1 that is for the command seat. (thats if you have the bridge officer rooster space)

K13 BO has some small skill boosts but it's not much, but the humans have leadership as well. These are probably the best humans BOs you can get.
  • earwigvr6earwigvr6 Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    Where do Feds get a pirate from ? Everything I have seen on the exchange says it's KDF and will not join my crew :-(
    earwigvr6 wrote: »
    Where do Feds get a pirate from ? Everything I have seen on the exchange says it's KDF and will not join my crew :-(

you need to max out diplomacy... then you can recruit 1 kdf bo...
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    the 'sontarran' also has pirate, so yes, you absolutely DO need it - unless you're a romulan, of course​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    > @felisean said:
    > for fed:
    > all tactical slots with superior romulan operatives (rare male romulan tacticals from embassy)
    > 1x eng pirate (nausicaan, diplomacy t4)
    > 1x hierarchy doff (sci/pirate, episode reward)
    >
    > if there is room, mostly it might be a human engineer for leadership or the Krenim Boffs from the Research Lab (in most cases it will be the eng one) might be worth a look too with the cd reduction to all eng or sci or tac cooldowns
    >
    > kdf:
    > all tactical slots with superior romulan operatives (rare male romulan tacticals from embassy)
    > rest nausicaans with pirate (exchange). in case you dont have enough resources to get the superior operatives, just more nausicaans with pirate
    >
    > rom:
    > depend a bit on the ship, for ships with a battle cloak:
    > 4x superior romulan operatives (romulan, rare/very rare from exchange)
    > 1x superior infiltrator (reman, rare/very rare from exchange)
    > in case you have bought the bit delta bundle, you could use the tactical reman from that pack instead of the exchange one. this one give you superior romulan operative AND superior infiltrator.
    >
    > for all warp core ships with a romulan just 5x superior romulan operatives

This is pretty much exactly what I use for fed/kdf.. sros, potato, and an eng krenim. On fiveboff ships the fifth is usually.. negotiable on my kdf for some reason she still has a talaxian and my fed uses the eff borg engineer but yeah she doesn't do much
  • earwigvr6earwigvr6 Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »

Been max level for years now. So what gives ? Do I just buy one and slot him, even though it says I cannot use him ? Or do I get one from somewhere else ?

Always been a fan of the way this game explains things !

Been max level for years now. So what gives ? Do I just buy one and slot him, even though it says I cannot use him ? Or do I get one from somewhere else ?

you could get 1 eng nausicaan after reaching diplomacy t4. the npc for the reward should be next to admiral quinn if i remember correctly.
    edited September 2017

See Ambassador Jiro Sugihara in Admiral Quinn's office on ESD. He has a store tab where you can claim your diplomacy doff.

Just went to see him on my very first toon and it appears the rank 4 diplomacy doff is not reclaimable (zero owed showing) so assume mine got dismissed at some point by accident. Can anybody confirm this?

Edit: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Jiro_Sugihara says the boff is reclaimable, wonder if I have a bug?

protoneous wrote: »

See Ambassador Jiro Sugihara in Admiral Quinn's office on ESD. He has a store tab where you can claim your diplomacy doff.

Just went to see him on my very first toon and it appears the rank 4 diplomacy doff is not reclaimable (zero owed showing) so assume mine got dismissed at some point by accident. Can anybody confirm this?

back in the days it was possible to not only dismiss them but actually trade/sell them. some people did that to get more than one for their fed toons. sadly its not possible anymore. but in that case you shouldnt be able to get a new one.
    back in the days it was possible to not only dismiss them but actually trade/sell them. some people did that to get more than one for their fed toons. sadly its not possible anymore. but in that case you shouldnt be able to get a new one.

Ackward language in last sentence :) I don't have a T4 diplomacy doff on my crew, in my inventory, or in my candidates list on my first (2011) toon mentioned above.

Should I be able to claim a new one?

• hillard1959hillard1959 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    I was able to go back to the Ambassador and pick up a new Nausican BOFF after I had dismissed the Orion I had originally picked.
    protoneous wrote: »

Are you sure?! Last time I checked, I could dismiss the boff I got, and reclaim another one (on my Fed).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    The issue where you could not reclaim a T4 Diplomacy Boff was actually fixed around a year or so ago.

Feds need to go see Ambassador Sugihara in Quinn's office to claim/reclaim the Diplomacy Boff. KDF need to go to the Barracks and climb the set of stairs to the left-hand side of the landing over where you go to train your Boffs.

You can still only have one, but they can be ground into a character-bound training manual or dismissed and reclaimed... similar to how you can with the Vet Androids.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    I was able to go back to the Ambassador and pick up a new Nausican BOFF after I had dismissed the Orion I had originally picked.

When was the last time you did this?
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

It doesn't matter. Once that blue Romulan Male Tactical candidate is commissioned, it becomes a purple BOff. He's like the anti-Saurian/Gorn.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.

It's the blue Embassy SRO's you need nonetheless. (If you're a Fed)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    thanks for the info. I have pirate/pirate efficient+efficient x3 unless i can find SROs on the exchange I'm out of luck.. do they have KDF SROs that an Orion can use? what about the regular operatives compared to Pirate?
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor