test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kill one tholian captain

hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
Where on nukara does one find a tholian captain? If they mean, "queue for transdimensional tactics," they should say so, and further explain that "captain" actually means "project leader."

Comments

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Press "J", then go to the "In Progress" tab. Click on the Endeavor Mission and read.
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    Well "captain" probably refers to the rank of the NPC. When you're fighting ground NPCs look at their status icon when you target them, the one that shows their name, health, distance etc. You'll see a number of vertical lines in the middle, the number tell you their rank, you can over it and see it'll say Ensign, Lieutenant, etc, regardless of what they're name says. As for where to find one, idk. I havnt been to Nukara in a while, you're best bet is probably one of the queues, but cant remember if you could also find one wondering around.
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    I think it's bugged.

Hard missions on Nukara were converted into NTTx and NSDTx queues years ago - and neither of those queues have a Tholian captain. Played NTTE and Endeavor didn't complete, several ppl reported the other queue didn't help them either.

Also, killing Tholian captain on New Romulus didn't count either.
  • hillard1959hillard1959 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Nope. The ques are it. And they are a pain. Did Transdemensional tactics just now. Our group failed. It's a private instance but they still have it where you're stuck behind a force field if you respawn. And the mobs can still attack you, but you can't attack back. They need to tweak this que.

Edit: Just completed the que on another character. The project leader teleports out before you can kill him. We completed the STF but still didn't get the endeavor. That's... frustrating.
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    It's not the project leader in transdimensional tactics. I finally queued with a team that beat it, and it did not give me the endeavor reward. This is aggravating.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Change the endeavor or fix it, no point having something that is impossible to attain
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      Heaven forbid someone actually test this stuff before deploying it.
    • trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
      It will fix itself in 2 days. No need to waste dev resources on it. ;)
      ---
      "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
      Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
      GG Cryptic, next time test it before you put it live
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
        Does it have to be Nukara? The New Romulus final rep tier mission has a Tholian Captain.​​
        lFC4bt2.gif
        ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
        "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
        "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
        "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
        Does not count, it has to be on Nukara
        NMXb2ph.png
        • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
          Okay, I didn't know. I haven_'t logged in today pig-1.gif​​
          lFC4bt2.gif
          ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
          "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
          "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
          "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
        • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
          Are you taking about an Endeavor? Try the mission Stormbound in the Future Proof tab. You definitely fight a Tholian captain aboard his ship in that mission.
          C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
          -Captain James T. Kirk
        • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
          djf021 wrote: »
          Are you taking about an Endeavor? Try the mission Stormbound in the Future Proof tab. You definitely fight a Tholian captain aboard his ship in that mission.

It has to be on Nukara, and apparently, there are none there.
          Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
        • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
          The Endeavor is "murderize a Tholian Captain on planet Nuka-cola". None of the Episodes are on planet Nuka-cola.
          They'll probably fix it after the time for it runs out or they'll remove it after the time for it runs out. Stuff happens.
        • aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
          They'll probably fix it after the time for it runs out or they'll remove it after the time for it runs out. Stuff happens.

But QA never happens.
          aoav160 wrote: »

But QA never happens.

Here's the thing: What works in testing may be completely messed up on the live server. We don't know that no testing was done on this particular endeavor. It may have, it may not have. We don't have that information. Even if it did get tested, that does not mean it couldn't be messed up when added to the game. Code can be finicky. Best thing we can do is be patient and see what the Devs do about it at this point. I'm sure, at the very least, we'll get a Mea Culpa at some point.

• daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
          edited September 2017
          I will just copy what someone said in chat:
          "Nxx@Dxxxxxx: ok, done both tholian ground missions. so where is the tholian capt? <== you just got cryptic'ed"

Yup
          :)
        • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
          edited September 2017
          GJ Cryptic. Next send me off to get grid squares and headlight fluid. :#
          I will just copy what someone said in chat:
          "Nxx@Dxxxxxx: ok, done both tholian ground missions. so where is the tholian capt? <== you just got cryptic'ed"

Yup
          :)

That Nxx@Dxxxxxx is a very astute, smart and handsome person! ;)
          Post edited by dracounguis on
          I'm boycotting it, it's clear it's frakked up somewhere
          NMXb2ph.png
          • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
            Does it even have to be the real Nukara? Has anyone tried going to one of the foundry missions that take place on Nukara? There used to be a spotlight mission that takes place there.
            [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
            Here's the thing: What works in testing may be completely messed up on the live server.
            This seems likely. If you read the Endeavor from your In Progress it says "You can find Captain-ranked Tholian Project Leaders in the Hard missions."

It appears the Tholian Project Leader is supposed to give the completion, but something is cross-wired somewhere. You can still queue for the missions on Nuka-cola, you don't have to use the queue interface.
            redvenge wrote: »
            The Endeavor is "murderize a Tholian Captain on planet Nuka-cola". None of the Episodes are on planet Nuka-cola.

:lol:

Well, at least I got a laugh out of this whole situation.
          • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
            We're aware of the issues with today's Endeavor but may not be able to fix it in time due to the holiday. We'll keep you posted.
            Just spotted the above tweet.
          • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
            edited September 2017
            GG Cryptic.

Now riddle me this.....do they actually have a QA dept any more or do they just throw untested junk at us to pass the time. This game is feeling very amateur-hour these days I'm afraid to say. :/
            SulMatuul.png
            hanover2 wrote: »

I learned the Foundry interface and search function is complete garbage. Many thanks to the Endeavor system for bringing this to my attention. Shame, Cryptic. Shame.
          • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
            hanover2 wrote: »
            redvenge wrote: »

I didn't laugh per se, but smiled for certain: I hate ground, and Cryptic just gave me the perfect excuse to skip this endeavor. :)
            3lsZz0w.jpg
          • hivercidehivercide Member Posts: 67 Arc User
            I tried Trans. Tactics, defeated the Project Leader, and it did not count....maybe I will try again on Advanced, and see if that counts as "Hard".
          This discussion has been closed.