test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So what's up with the support page?

roguegamer23roguegamer23 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
Not sure if this belong here or not, but what is up with the support page? i accidentally click on support instead of charge got this error:

The page isn’t redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

- This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Update;

Google Chrome:

This page isn’t working

www.arcgames.com redirected you too many times.
Try clearing your cookies.
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Microsoft Edge:

Hmmm...can’t reach this page
Try this
Make sure you’ve got the right web address: http://www.arcgames.com
Search for "http://www.arcgames.com" on Bing
Refresh the page

Internet Explorer:

Can’t reach this page

•Make sure the web address http://www.arcgames.com is correct
•Search for this site on Bing
•Refresh the page

Weird that all of them have the same Error/Bug
Post edited by roguegamer23 on

Comments

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    This game has support?! :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Firefox is still a thing?​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • drazursouthclawdrazursouthclaw Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

This friggin' KILLS me to admit this, but Cryptic Support is far better than any other game company support service I've ever had to deal with.

Other companies:

After 3 weeks, they send you an email laughing at you, but in business format.

Cryptic:

After about a week, they send you something that's wrong or basically saying "Yeah, we're not changing that."

Cryptic is one of the only few companies that I can rely on to reply in person within a week.

That's not actually very good, but it's better than anyone else has given me.

Credit where it's due.
    meimeitoo wrote: »

This friggin' KILLS me to admit this, but Cryptic Support is far better than any other game company support service I've ever had to deal with.

Other companies:

After 3 weeks, they send you an email laughing at you, but in business format.

Cryptic:

After about a week, they send you something that's wrong or basically saying "Yeah, we're not changing that."

Cryptic is one of the only few companies that I can rely on to reply in person within a week.

That's not actually very good, but it's better than anyone else has given me.

Credit where it's due.

It's not the speed at which they reply, but WHAT they reply. People have reported missing items, stuck toons, and what not, only to have some support person totally fob you off with a response that clearly indicates he/she hasn't even read your issue. Like, "We can't help you with in-game missions." Wut?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    They have google metrics integrated into the page code and sometimes the server waits for responses and it takes forever to load sometimes....
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    Not sure if this belong here or not, but what is up with the support page? i accidentally click on support instead of charge got this error:

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

- This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Sometimes the forum redirects have a funny moment, try visiting https://support.arcgames.com/ directly and see if you get the support page without any further problems.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Try a different browser.

I was getting this error for some time using Firefox and thought the site was down. I then tried in Google Chrome and it popped right up.

I think the Cryptic pages have an issue with Firefox. I just now tried it using Opera and it worked just fine.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Works just fine for me in Firefox.
    warpangel wrote: »
    Works just fine for me in Firefox.

Yeah, right now it works fine for me too in firefox.

I have had the problem before, but it doesn't happen all the time. Clearing browser cache also fixes it.

Point is, site is up.. if it's still not showing for you.. try a different browser.
  • roguegamer23roguegamer23 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Try a different browser.

I was getting this error for some time using Firefox and thought the site was down. I then tried in Google Chrome and it popped right up.

I think the Cryptic pages have an issue with Firefox. I just now tried it using Opera and it worked just fine.
    Sometimes the forum redirects have a funny moment, try visiting https://support.arcgames.com/ directly and see if you get the support page without any further problems.

Guess what my friend :smiley:

• killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    Try a different browser.

I haven't needed support yet but I will say that I do like Opera.
    Try a different browser.

I haven't needed support yet but I will say that I do like Opera.

Opera is great, lightweight.. fast.. and a built in free VPN. I really like it.

@roguegamer23 - Last thing I can think of is to clean your browser history/cache/cookies. The easiest way to do this is with a free program called ccleaner. Just use the free version, install it and run a full scan. Clean everything up and see if that helps.

I can't really imagine what else it could be, Malware seems possible, but that would be effecting more then just the Cryptic Support Page. Hopefully cleaning browser cache gets you some progress.

Good luck.
    edited September 2017
    taehsong wrote: »

Update;

Google Chrome:

This page isn’t working

www.arcgames.com redirected you too many times.
    Try clearing your cookies.
    ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Microsoft Edge:

Hmmm...can’t reach this page
    Try this
    Make sure you’ve got the right web address: http://www.arcgames.com
    Search for "http://www.arcgames.com" on Bing
    Refresh the page

Internet Explorer:

Can’t reach this page

•Make sure the web address http://www.arcgames.com is correct
    •Search for this site on Bing
    •Refresh the page

Weird that all of them have the same Error/Bug

You probably have malware infesting your computer.

That's looking increasingly likely. I have Edge too, an it loads the Support page just fine.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Most of my browsing is on my Mobile Phone. I use CM (Cheetah Mobile) Browser. On my PC Google Chrome.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns