test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zen Discounts on PC and PS4 this Weekend!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited September 2017 in Galactic News Network [PC]
You can get discounts of 15% or more on Zen packs this weekend on Playstation 4, and special bonuses when you charge for Zen on PC!

PC:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10624654

Playstation 4:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/star-trek-online/news/detail/10624674
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• xndx1234xndx1234 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    PC discount not showing
  • tenagontenagon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    What time are the discounts going to show up? It is 9:30 PST and they are not showing up yet.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    Cool! With the 50% sale on the pack (not going to play it but getting just to have everything and to support the company) and the additional 15% off on the Zen with the 20% off the services going at once I'll drop a couple hundred - again... If only you had the Key Ring sets with the tech upgrades....
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • ph4ze2ph4ze2 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Total Amount 6300 ( 5000 + Bonus 300 + Sale 1000 )
    Price $50

Yeah, that's not the same as 5300 for $40 lol
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    Must have probably be a miscommunication error between PWE and Cryptic and it should have been a Bonus ZEN Weekend instead of a ZEN Discount weekend
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    There was a miscommunication, and it's a Zen Charge Bonus on PC instead. Apologies for the confusion, blog has been updated.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Not seeing that 33% extra Zen at the $200 level either, only 25%, IF THEY MEANT THIS TO BE A BONUS ZEN AND NOT ZEN DISCOUNT SALE.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Well now it is back to the normal Zen Charge Bonus and they dropped the 33% Bonus, 25% max. :(
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sacam1sacam1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    A ship sale would be nice right about now.
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Thank you for the corrections. I still don't understand why you don't advertise the other tiered bonus that's always active at arcgames.com though, like the 15% bonus for the $200 purchase. So for $200 so we actually get 28K Zen this weekend. Last time I checked, this extra 15% discount wasn't on Steam, so make sure to review the payment details before submitting.
  • awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    the zen discount is still not showing on the xbox one
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    The Zen Sale on Xbox One is currently not live, but will be going live soon. We'll keep you posted.
    edited August 2017
    So if I understand things correctly, it is a charge bonus of 15% on top of the 25% discount at the $200 level? So 28k like the first big summer sale - yes?
    Post edited by aspartan1 on
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    It is a Charge Bonus only from 15% to 25% extra Zen as they have done before. There is NO discount.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Fix my account first Cryptic, Ticket Reference # 170727-001178 since it's been over a month, then I'll once again buy Zen when there's a sale.
  • altran3301altran3301 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    No charge bonus here, using the arc website. Still only 15% (24000+3600) as normal. :-/
    tnl3Zwx.png
  • mrmikl989#2483 mrmikl989 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I would love to see the ability up the limit of 8000 dly that only converts to 27zen per day, jeeze, its going to take me a year to reach 3000.
  • awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    any news on when xbox one will have the zen sale kick in as it still is not on?
  • karanaxkaranax Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Guys can I ask you something? I don't understand why it is only for USA ps store? and not for all of us?
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I would love to see the ability up the limit of 8000 dly that only converts to 27zen per day, jeeze, its going to take me a year to reach 3000.

Create more alternate characters. KDF characters can get Dil more easily than Fed characters, plus they also have a lot more missions that rewards contraband than Feds.

Increasing the refinement cap will only cause the exchange rate to increase as well. For example, increasing the cap to 9k Dil per day may cause the exchange rate to increase to 350:1 or higher. At a 350:1 exchange rate, 9k Dil will convert into 26 Zen per day which is worse than 27 Zen per day.
    It is 9k a day if you are a Lifetime Subscribers (1,000 every two days) in a Fleet (500 at the Mine per day).
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • zepprimezepprime Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    still not seeing any sign of the sale/discount at 830 PST
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Saw this in the afternoon and went for the $200 for 28,000 Zen. I've seen the latest pessimistic YouTube video proclaiming how lame the end game has become, but I'm still having fun.
  • zipp0nlinezipp0nline Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    For those of us that purchased zen on xbox one during this "zen discount event" and it didn't apply will we be reimbursed in some way?
  • drazursouthclawdrazursouthclaw Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    Fix my account first Cryptic, Ticket Reference # 170727-001178 since it's been over a month, then I'll once again buy Zen when there's a sale.

Good on you, keep that up.

Even if it doesn't make any difference to them, at least you're in control.

I would LOVE to take advantage of the current bonus but if they can't deal with my Mark of Sompek issue before the event runs out (which they clearly did not), then why the hell would I financially reward such poor 'support' efforts?

So, that's it. End of the line. If I can't game reliably, I'm not going to pretend I can.

People will rag on you, but stay strong man - don't let these idiots bring you down.
    edited September 2017
    :neutral:
    Post edited by zepprime on
  • habs124habs124 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    You can get discounts of 15% or more on Zen packs this weekend on Console, and special bonuses when you charge for Zen on PC!

PC:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10624654

Xbox One:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/star-trek-online/news/detail/10624664

Playstation 4:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/star-trek-online/news/detail/10624674

hello again.
    I bought some zen during the stated advertised window of a sale.
    yet did not receive a discount on the zen I purchased.

I was wondering if I could be compensated,for not getting the advertised savings?

as well id like to know when the sale actually starts?perhaps someone in charge of that might...do their job correctly...

This is not the first time the advertising has been false and they never gave me the zen they owed me. Good luck.
  • hamakigaijinhamakigaijin Member Posts: 2 New User
    Has there been an update to xbox sale going live?
    I got the bonus zen and the services discount (got lots of slots for toons, ships, BO and items) but I got hosed on the 50% sale for the Secret Agent pack - WTF? I'm pushing a thousand dollars so far this year and the local money cost to convert to that is nearly eight times that amount to me in real economic impact... I need some love Cryptic....