test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Discount Packs in the C-store 30% off today only!

13»

Comments

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    wow 30% off packs and i missed it... oh well. 5% more of a discount than on BF too...
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    wow 30% off packs and i missed it... oh well. 5% more of a discount than on BF too...

Well, he said "First ever", so I assume we'll see more. Runescape does lil, short time sales like this as well.

Neverwinter gives you coupons for their store, when ya give tribute to your toon's deity
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    After I had just spent $50 worth of Zen, less than an hour later this comes up. Had to get the KDF Dyson pack for my proton project. You got me.
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    I got home from work just in time. Had never bought the Yamato or the other cross faction dreadnoughts and at 30% off well why not. Well played Cryptic, well played.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • bippitybop#5394 bippitybop Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Please due future flash sales in a 24 hour block. That way all of us regardless of time zone or work/school/family schedule can have a chance to take advantage of it.
  • drdrahcirdrdrahcir Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    drdrahcir wrote: »
    Bloody Unfair!! Typical US bent to arc promo´s .. never taking the rest of the world into consideration! Its obvious that NO ONE in the ARC office can tell time outside of PST Local .. you only have to look at the REPEATED time mistakes made on updates, UTC Don´t make me laugh!

What? This sale started at 1700 UTC. That's when the majority of Europe is home to take part, and not so late that they have to stay up to take part. If any area of the globe got the short end of this deal, it was Asia, Oceania and the Pacific time zone, where it happened while most were asleep or at work. Europe had the best window for this one worldwide.

Yes but as they only put the info up after that some of us were already finished for the day ( Arc UTC equals real UTC +1Hr Plus Im on Euro Summer time +2Hr ) actual time started was 2000 Local .. Some of us have lives as well so we arent online all the time to check .
  • drdrahcirdrdrahcir Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    See above .. But totally agree about the poor TRIBBLE in Asia etc who always seem to get sharfted in these things
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    I was actually in game during the sale time and had no clue it was going on. I took a short break and logged off and only saw it in the launcher when I logged back in. Luckily I had about an hour left to decide what I might want to buy. Had I just kept playing or stayed logged in while I ate, there would be no notice to me that a sale was actually going on in game. A launcher notification is nice and all, but something in game would also be nice. Maybe make the C store icon glow (like my mailbox does constantly) when something is on sale so I know to at least take a look.

Yeah, totally! I'd love to seen in-game notification kind of like the ones they send out for maintenance outages.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Or like they send out everytime some knucklehead opens a Ship Prize Pack. They can flood us with that, however.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Or like they send out everytime some knucklehead opens a Ship Prize Pack. They can flood us with that, however.

I concur.....
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Oh my God. The sheer amount of salt in this thread can be used to line margarita glasses from now until we really are in 2410.
    I was thinking of refining it into block and building a cathedral. :p
    Wieliczka-3.jpg

Oh, I got the light cruiser bundle. MOAR pilot stuffs!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Oh my God. The sheer amount of salt in this thread can be used to line margarita glasses from now until we really are in 2410.

Folks, it was an 8-hour sale. Literally, the internet version of a K-Mart Blue Light Special. They are fully aware that not everyone would be able to participate due to outside issues. It wasn't a critical sale for them to rack up profits, otherwise they'd have done it over a 24 hour period.

Get over yourselves.

Also, if this type of minor thing makes you say "you'll never get another dime from me" and gets you to cancel your subscription, GOOD. That kind of negativity is not welcome anyway.

I totally agree.

You only should be allowed to comment negatively on others if you are bothered by something ...

Self awareness was not one of you birth gifts it seems :)
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited August 2017

There wasn't much at all, some, but mainly a lot of mild disappointment.
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    <Double post... Deleted...>
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    I'm a little surprised that when the News page was updated for the Elachi weekend they left this sale on the main slider / carousel, with the text still saying "today" instead of "Monday August 28."
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User

Folks, it was an 8-hour sale. Literally, the internet version of a K-Mart Blue Light Special. They are fully aware that not everyone would be able to participate due to outside issues. It wasn't a critical sale for them to rack up profits, otherwise they'd have done it over a 24 hour period.

Get over yourselves.

Also, if this type of minor thing makes you say "you'll never get another dime from me" and gets you to cancel your subscription, GOOD. That kind of negativity is not welcome anyway.

I totally agree.

You only should be allowed to comment negatively on others if you are bothered by something ...

Self awareness was not one of you birth gifts it seems :)

You might have made a good point, but then you ruined it with that pathetic excuse for an insult.

Either leave out the insults, or come up with one that might actually sting. Never go halfway. All or nothing.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Cryptic: "Give us your money! ... But only during working hours in our time zone!" :#
    Customer: "Wha? You don't want my money after 6pm?" :/
    Cryptic: "No! If you can't give us your money when WE want it, you can just pay more AND get bonus rage at missing the sale since you obviously have the extra cash since you have a job that made you miss the sale!" >:)
  • tenghiltenghil Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    If they "re-flash" during the weekend with the other sale with the strange dates all would be forgiven IMHO. I mean the flash sale was announced as a time anomaly anyway and the current offer of pack sales have times from June ;)
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    There's no thread here yet for the PC Zen sale, but the numbers reported in the News article for it are wrong. They've transitioned from time anomalies to math anomalies ;).

Advertised in News article: 23K Zen for $133.99 ($5.83 per 1K Zen)

Reality: 28K Zen for $200 ($7.14 per 1K Zen)

Similar discrepancies for other pricing tiers.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    There's no thread here yet for the PC Zen sale, but the numbers reported in the News article for it are wrong. They've transitioned from time anomalies to math anomalies ;).

Advertised in News article: 23K Zen for $133.99 ($5.83 per 1K Zen)

Reality: 28K Zen for $200 ($7.14 per 1K Zen)

Similar discrepancies for other pricing tiers.

Cryptic/PWE plus math have always equaled fail! :P
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    There is a blog/Thread about it. They 'made a mistake' . It is a Zen Charge Bonus as they have done in the past and NOT a Zen Sale.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns