test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Excelsior class skin update?

Comments

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    artan42 wrote: »
    Remove it from the game. Hell, retcon it out of the franchise completely in new special editions. Hideous abomination.

I quite like it.

My condolences on your tragic loss of your sense of aesthetics. So young to have just... died... pig-14.gif.

I am happy I disappointed you. :)

And, just to annoy you. :D
    *Censored for reasons of decency and taste*

It's not annoying, it's rage inducing. So many beautiful ships in the franchise and people fly their flags behind the stupid-over balanced, stupid-bloated, stupid-pylon, stupid McAccordion Neck Face.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Remove it from the game. Hell, retcon it out of the franchise completely in new special editions. Hideous abomination.

I quite like it.

My condolences on your tragic loss of your sense of aesthetics. So young to have just... died... pig-14.gif.

It's not annoying, it's rage inducing. So many beautiful ships in the franchise and people fly their flags behind the stupid-over balanced, stupid-bloated, stupid-pylon, stupid McAccordion Neck Face.​​

Something tells me you don't like it. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

I quite like it.

problem artan?
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Uugh, there's no helping some people. The kindest and most humane thing to do is to just put you all down.

Youse want blindfolds?​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Uugh, there's no helping some people. The kindest and most humane thing to do is to just put you all down.

Youse want blindfolds?​​

We can solve your problem

I quite like it.

And just give an example of what I should be liking?

This outta be interesting. >_>;
    dvZq2Aj.jpg

Youse want blindfolds?​​

We can solve your problem

I quite like it.

And just give an example of what I should be liking?

This outta be interesting. >_>;

Literally any. A Vogon Constructor ship is preferable.

#TASforSTO

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User

I quite like it.

problem artan?
    maxresdefault.jpg

Lovely looking ship
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
      edited September 2017
      reyan01 wrote: »

I quite like it.

problem artan?
      maxresdefault.jpg

Lovely looking ship

Have to admit, whilst I do like the Excelsior, I don't like the Enterpise-B/Lakota design quite as much. Those 'flares' on the primary hull ruin it in my opinion.

Of course the REAL reason for that addition was that the 'Generations' script had the Enterprise-B take damage to the primary hull; those 'flares' were added to the Excelsior model to allow them to blow a hole in the model without damaging the original model beneath. It, however, didn't work - the glue used to fix the flares to the Excelsior model damaged the Excelsior model beneath and the flares were therefore never removed.
      This was why the USS Lakota (DS9 'Paradise Lost' ) - which was the next, and final, use of the physical Excelsior model - retained those flares.

Very intersing bit of trivia. Guess they found themselves in....
      (•_•)
      ( •_•)>⌐■-■
      (⌐■_■)
      a sticky situation.

Well at least in STO we can mix and match parts so we can build our best Excelsior variant. While the flares a bit too much I like all the other small changes the refit version recieved.
      Post edited by seriousdave on

I quite like it.

problem artan?
      maxresdefault.jpg

Lovely looking ship

Have to admit, whilst I do like the Excelsior, I don't like the Enterpise-B/Lakota design quite as much. Those 'flares' on the primary hull ruin it in my opinion.

Of course the REAL reason for that addition was that the 'Generations' script had the Enterprise-B take damage to the primary hull; those 'flares' were added to the Excelsior model to allow them to blow a hole in the model without damaging the original model beneath. It, however, didn't work - the glue used to fix the flares to the Excelsior model damaged the Excelsior model beneath and the flares were therefore never removed.
      This was why the USS Lakota (DS9 'Paradise Lost' ) - which was the next, and final, use of the physical Excelsior model - retained those flares.

Same, I like the original version far more. All that added kibble makes it look a clunky, primitive thing that either Red Green or Tim Allen did.
      dvZq2Aj.jpg

Very intersing bit of trivia. Guess they found themselves in....
      (•_•)
      ( •_•)>⌐■-■
      (⌐■_■)
      a sticky situation.

~face palm~
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al7Bzeo-LP0
      dvZq2Aj.jpg
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User

Which adds more internal space to work in, it's more practical
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
        Visually I honestly like the Excelsior.
        It really came into its own in ST VI.

I would appreciate an update like they did with Miranda and Constitution. She is a bit blocky on the saucer and around her deflector dish. Something those “flares” of the refit btw. tend to hide in the game.
        She could do with more details on the aft weapon ports, bridge and forward torpedo launchers.
        Better materials however should make the most difference. She is missing her very elaborate Aztec pattern and the paint job in general just doesn’t do her justice.
        The studio model had a two colour blue/gold band around the bridge which also had the Aztec pattern.
        Here is a picture of a 1/1000 scale AMT model kit for illustration:
        MMM_WZ_USS_VALLEY_FORGE_002.jpg
        Decal kits for scale models seem to be the best source I can find as it is kind of difficult to get pictures of the studio model where you could actually see this since it was rebuild into the Enterprise B and that one lost the two colour band for a boring grey band:
        kg-1701b-lakota-reference-061.jpg
        This is the actual studio model after it was renamed again to display USS Lakota for DS9.

Of course a small change in Boff layout as suggest giving it a universal console would be the real treat as this would make way more viable.
      • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
        ishigami2 wrote: »
        Visually I honestly like the Excelsior.
        It really came into its own in ST VI.

Yeah I agree. That was the moment that I fired up old SFC1 (back in the day) and switched to the OP Excelsior with Plasma torps and missiles.
        When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
        WHY WON'T THIS THREAD DIE!!111one!!!

We all unanimously agreed that the E*******r is beyond saving and should be hauled away as garbage in favour of literally any other ship in Science Fiction ever. I heard you all swear the oath and drink from the cup.

So this is how the world ends?...​​

#TASforSTO

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User

We all unanimously agreed that the E*******r is beyond saving and should be hauled away as garbage in favour of literally any other ship in Science Fiction ever. I heard you all swear the oath and drink from the cup.

Wrong ship class and that was hauled away AS Garbage! at least 100 years before coming back. The Excelsior is an enduring design, pretty ship :tongue:.

Give it some love.
        T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
        Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
        The Excelsior is an enduring design, pretty ship :tongue:.

Give it some love.

LOVE!! IvaWOgM.png, I'd give it a hail of overcharged tricobalt warheads.​​

#TASforSTO

Do you need a hug? :)
        dlmfZ3T.jpg

5Z2gjGU.jpg
        dvZq2Aj.jpg
      • christopher082christopher082 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
        I have my tac fed delta recruit in a resolute using a antiproton dbb and omni's and it works well.
        I wanted her to fly a "patrol cruiser", the kind of thing that would spend most of its time crawling along the borders, and be one of the first to an incident. I think the Excelsior/Resolute fit that role perfectly.
      • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User

dlmfZ3T.jpg
        Always :sunglasses:
        5Z2gjGU.jpg
        Sweeet :sunglasses:
        "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
      • natthaannatthaan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
        I'm kinda hoping that 42 dude is trolling.... I mean... the Excelsior is the most common design seen in Star Trek.
        natthaan wrote: »
        I'm kinda hoping that 42 dude is trolling.... I mean... the Excelsior is the most common design seen in Star Trek.

Sometimes, sir, they are NOT trolling. I've known people who are genuinely like that, aka, a broomstick crammed up their you know what. :|
        dvZq2Aj.jpg
        I have my tac fed delta recruit in a resolute using a antiproton dbb and omni's and it works well.
        I wanted her to fly a "patrol cruiser", the kind of thing that would spend most of its time crawling along the borders, and be one of the first to an incident. I think the Excelsior/Resolute fit that role perfectly.

And it also looks nice. :) Nemoy did pick that model out, way back in 1984, you know, out of several available.
        dvZq2Aj.jpg

dlmfZ3T.jpg

Your Ferengi fellow does not seem to have much problem, there. ;)
        dvZq2Aj.jpg
      • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User

dlmfZ3T.jpg

Your Ferengi fellow does not seem to have much problem, there. ;)
        :D:D
        Kek is indeed, the epitome of Masculinity :sunglasses:

"I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
      • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
        I must be the one player who is using the updated skin.
        resolute003.jpg
        ResoluteClass.png
        f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
        Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
        I must be the one player who is using the updated skin.
        resolute003.jpg
        ResoluteClass.png

Once I get a cstore version, I'll probably use the secondary hull and engine pods, and use the exceslior saucer, neck and pylons.
        dvZq2Aj.jpg
        natthaan wrote: »

Most common design seen? That's not a reflection on its quality, it's a reflection on it having lots of models and not being a hero ship, same with the Miranda.

It is however a filthy, despised, hunk of brain-vomit. Commonly seen brain-vomit, but brain-vomit nonetheless.​​

#TASforSTO