test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Discount Packs in the C-store 30% off today only!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
It's our first ever Flash Sale! From 10am-6pm today!

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10624394

Comments

• nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Very nice & innovative sale that is definitely different from the norm.

"It's our first ever Flash Sale! From 10am-6pm today!"

Now to check things out & see what is tempting!

Not sure about this, but if the T5 ships included the free Upgrade Tokens like they do for some other sales that would've been above & beyond.
    Post edited by nommo#5819 on
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Very nice but you caught me at a bad time where the coffers are empty. Would have liked to have picked up the kdf pilot and sci ship packs. Oh well next time
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • mikoto123amikoto123a Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Won't be able to log into the game until the flash sale is past :( . Ah well lets hope for something next week...
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Very nice but you caught me at a bad time where the coffers are empty.

For me that was the last one. One cross faction pack down.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • oldeyeoman#5559 oldeyeoman Member Posts: 6 New User
    Going to pass on the sale
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN CDA (NX-921911)
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    nixboox wrote: »
    Temporal Anomalies have opened a whole to an alternate universe, one with a fantastic sale, Captains. But this Flash Sale will only be available for a limited time – from 10am-6pm PST today only, on all three platforms. Hurry and grab yourself some items at a one of our largest discounts ever, before the portal shuts and it’s all lost.

Oh, honey...it's "hole" not "whole"... Really?

Good catch.

I already gave-in a bit ago & bought the Deep Space Nine Pack. I didn't need it, but I splurged & now to go back & see if anything else looks too tempting.

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I'm sorry but I am saving my zen for any new additions.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Hmm for some reason even if i opened the launcer 6-7 times today this sale never poped ... so my 15k zen stay unspent it seems ... meh nvm, going on
  • gamepharoahgamepharoah Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Why make a flash sale only for the hours in the day most are at work or in transit from? Couldn't it have gone through the evening so we could have actually had a chance at it? Poorly executed on something I would have have happily spent on.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    'These aren't the Discount Packs you're looking for.' ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Why make a flash sale only for the hours in the day most are at work or in transit from? Couldn't it have gone through the evening so we could have actually had a chance at it? Poorly executed on something I would have have happily spent on.

Yeah, I saw the flash sale blurb, and didn't read it carefully, since I was at work. By the time I got home and logged on, it was done.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • nalfyrnalfyr Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Wish i could have got something, but Working hours couldn't get on till after the sale.. flash sale good idea Bad timing..
  • alcaatrazalcaatraz Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Feels like someone missed that this sale would only be on during a period most people either have work and/or school.
    --- @alcaatraz || I make tanks and do maths stuffs ---
    "I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul."
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    alcaatraz wrote: »
    Feels like someone missed that this sale would only be on during a period most people either have work and/or school.

Pretty much! I guess the rest of us will have to hope for a decent Labor/Labour Day sale.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    I was debating whether or not to pull the trigger on the Temporal Special Agent Pack, but between already having some of the items (Ranger, Paladin, 31st century ships, medical and command tunics) and not knowing if the 0718 BOFF is character or account unlock, I hesitated and missed out.

I did, however, pull the trigger on something I've been eyeing for some time... The Command Battlecruiser Mega Bundle. They are mine. Oh yes, they are ALL mine now.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • rustychatrustychat Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    I would have bought a couple of packs, but since I don't live in the right region...
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    Very nice & innovative sale that is definitely different from the norm.

"It's our first ever Flash Sale! From 10am-6pm today!"

Now to check things out & see what is tempting!

Not sure about this, but if the T5 ships included the free Upgrade Tokens like they do for some other sales that would've been above & beyond.

I worked from 9am to 6pm, good thing for the time zone difference or I'd have been screwed out of this sale. You guys have something against people that work?
  • tripwire690tripwire690 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    I notice we get more Ships and Sales Pitches than Content, Bug Fixes, or Balancing. The Pve Queues are slow, PvP is dead (Thank You for not fixing the PvP Scoreboard or giving us Competetive Marks for playing Pvp since Season 13 launched). We have to wait an entire year for a Dominion Faction that will probably be no more of an improvement than the half assed Romulan Faction addition which turned out not to really be a new "faction" at all.

You guys can't be bothered to update and streamline Foundry Functionality and yet we are made to wait 6 months for only 10 additional missions in one puny story arc.(Yes. I'm looking at you Agents of Yesterday). But along the way to 2018 I suspect Cryptic will continue to become more and more aggressive with encouraging us to spend money while distracting us with more useless bridge packs and one time only grab bag anomalies. I hope Microsoft is given the option to buy this IP.

While Bioware and Dice are amping up all cylinders in their games with Hype Flowing from the Success of Rogue One and Episode VII..... we have this money grubbing game with Negative Hype Flowing from the assumed Failure soon to be released from behind..... nope. Not a Cryptic Paywall...... But a CBS one.... Star Trek Discovery. Anyone see the pattern? Premium Purchase for Subpar merchandise? Yah. Time to find another game to play. Its obvious this development team doesn't have the player base's well being in mind as a whole.
    starfleet_department_of_temporal_investigations_by_gazomg-da64jys.jpg

Let no other Captain discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Debuffs and Disables be damned! Charge up your Backstep and Forge your build out of Lock Boxes, Consoles, and Flash Sales feeding off of only your pure will to chain, spam, and hax your way forward. You will not be forgotten to history.
  • locussolus#9948 locussolus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Great idea, but you might have garnered more profits had you not run the sale while consumers in the Pacific Time Zone were at work. Just sayin'...
  • sirdraknosirdrakno Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Yes, it would have been nice if the sale was during non-working hours, but they are lazy and just through things out there. I'll go watch a move and grab a drink for everyone who had to work. This one is for you real workers. :)
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    No one wants to see that they missed out on something because they were at work. Hopefully the last flash sale. Cover the children's eyes or a conversation like below might happen:

"Daddy, there's a sale! Can we gets stuff?"
    "No tiny Tim, the sale ended before the breadwinner was able to come home from their job."
    "But daddy, you had the day off."
    "I know. Mom should be home anytime now."

I was going to not buy anything to discourage future flash sales for the sake of those who have jobs at normal hours. Instead, I proceeded to buy it all.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I just saw.... I gather it is over... Sad really... I would have got 20k or 30k zen... Oh well, waiting for the next one that will happen when I can actually respond...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • rustychatrustychat Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @gamepharoah said:
    > Why make a flash sale only for the hours in the day most are at work or in transit from? Couldn't it have gone through the evening so we could have actually had a chance at it? Poorly executed on something I would have have happily spent on.

This game is played around the world. "Most" are certainly not working during these times.

Which just makes the idea of the flash sale even more ridiculous. Most people are either going to be asleep, at work/school/etc, or going between them in an 8 hour period. Either way, the majority are not going to be checking STO in an 8 hour block.
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    ... Missed it. A shame, as I have nearly 25,000 Zen sitting in my account waiting and would have almost certainly splashed out on something. Ahh well.
  • drdrahcirdrdrahcir Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Bloody Unfair!! Typical US bent to arc promo´s .. never taking the rest of the world into consideration! Its obvious that NO ONE in the ARC office can tell time outside of PST Local .. you only have to look at the REPEATED time mistakes made on updates, UTC Don´t make me laugh!
  • homerdickhomerdick Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I work third shift. I get up, got to work, come home and find out that I missed the 8 hour sale while I was at work. Thanks guys, you'll never get another dime from me.

edit: sub canceled.