test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fix the Accolade System

tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
I know there's been many threads before this, but I think it's reasonable to keep insisting. I don't ask this time for some potentially absurd balance change or new content, but merely fixing what already is.

See for example that there are some very nice alternate omega rep outfit options I'd like to have on my newer toons that are completely blocked from unlocking because the elite borg stf's are are no longer there (save for hive, which doesn't count).

How hard can this be to fix?

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    not just fixing broken ones that's needed, but doing something about depreciated accolades, like ones that were part of missions no longer doable, and also sorting certain ones more logically

like all the dabo/latinum ones should be under a dabo section, instead of exploration...seriously, how is playing dabo in any way exploration?

same with stuff like tholian capital punishment, nemesis of the collective and defender of X sector block/quadrant - they all involve killing things, so they should be under the kill section instead of events​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    And can we get titles and trophies for some of the newer enemy groups like the Vaadwaur? I don't care if its just displaying a Vaadwaur rifle on the wall either.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    How about a accurate list of accolades that have not been achieved? The list in STO doesn't even show ones that aren't started. I have a STO Anniversary Year 1 accolade at 1/5 cause when I looked for any for the Anniversary you couldn't see them! I'd have gotten transformed by Q 4 more times if I had seen it!

And a search function would be nice too. Who wants to scroll though that huge list looking for one particular accolade?

So many parts of STO are very very 'unpolished' and a freaking list of TEXT shouldn't be that hard!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Since they are never going to add the Elite Level to the Borg STFs, they should just change the Accolades to correspond to the Advanced Queues. And either grant a pass or take out the Accolades for the Mk X or XI Omega Sets.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Since they are never going to add the Elite Level to the Borg STFs, they should just change the Accolades to correspond to the Advanced Queues. And either grant a pass or take out the Accolades for the Mk X or XI Omega Sets.

Yeah pretty much.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    How about a accurate list of accolades that have not been achieved? The list in STO doesn't even show ones that aren't started. I have a STO Anniversary Year 1 accolade at 1/5 cause when I looked for any for the Anniversary you couldn't see them! I'd have gotten transformed by Q 4 more times if I had seen it!
    That's on purpose. Finding them is half the fun. Reducing accolades into yet another todo list would be lame. If you want spoilers, read the wiki or ask in the accolades channel.
    And a search function would be nice too. Who wants to scroll though that huge list looking for one particular accolade?
    There is a search function. In the captain's log tab.
  • trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    not just fixing broken ones that's needed, but doing something about depreciated accolades, like ones that were part of missions no longer doable, and also sorting certain ones more logically
    Some of those missions are still left in the game and can be run if you find someone who has them in their journal and can share them with you. Join the Accolades channel in-game and ask for help there.
    How about a accurate list of accolades that have not been achieved?
    The most complete list available is still the one Fluffy maintains. http://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
    It wouldn't hurt if a developer had a look at everything marked "Broken" on that list...

---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
    warpangel wrote: »
    If you want spoilers, read the wiki or ask in the accolades channel.

There's a channel?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    That's on purpose. Finding them is half the fun. Reducing accolades into yet another todo list would be lame. If you want spoilers, read the wiki or ask in the accolades channel.

Have you seen some of the accolade requirements? Some would never be found. I assume the wiki has them listed because someone data-mined it, not because they just stumbled upon them.

• grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    I have 17740 points in the accolades. Are there certain ones you are looking for?
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
    rattler2 wrote: »
    If you want spoilers, read the wiki or ask in the accolades channel.

There's a channel?
    Yes, appropriately named "Accolades."

Have you seen some of the accolade requirements? Some would never be found. I assume the wiki has them listed because someone data-mined it, not because they just stumbled upon them.
    I find your lack of faith...completely uninteresting.

In fact most accolade requirements are quite predictable and/or easy to "just stumble upon" for a person actually looking to find hidden things.

Obviously, if you're just there to follow the plotted line and do what you're told, you'll miss quite a lot.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,292 Community Moderator

In fact most accolade requirements are quite predictable and/or easy to "just stumble upon" for a person actually looking to find hidden things.

Obviously, if you're just there to follow the plotted line and do what you're told, you'll miss quite a lot.

Sadly, though, it seems that most accolades now, if they add any at all, are built into the mission's progress. You get them for following the script. It doesn't seem like many are being hidden anymore. That or they're better hidden than before. :D
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    I still want more recognition for my kills.
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > warpangel wrote: »
    >
    > I find your lack of faith...completely uninteresting.
    >
    > In fact most accolade requirements are quite predictable and/or easy to "just stumble upon" for a person actually looking to find hidden things.
    >
    > Obviously, if you're just there to follow the plotted line and do what you're told, you'll miss quite a lot.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Sadly, though, it seems that most accolades now, if they add any at all, are built into the mission's progress. You get them for following the script. It doesn't seem like many are being hidden anymore. That or they're better hidden than before. :D

I stumbled across one accolade last night called liquid courage on a klingon war mission
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Stalin was reputed to have said 'A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic.' That is the recognition we get for the Kills. Many of the numbers are so crazy stupid, they entice our Captains to be mass murderers.

Captain Ron Tracey said in 'The Omega Glory': 'They sacrificed hundreds, just to draw us out in the open. And then they came, and they came. We drained four of our phasers, and they still came. We killed thousands and they still came.' We are all living up to Captain Tracey's Code of Conduct. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns

Sadly, though, it seems that most accolades now, if they add any at all, are built into the mission's progress. You get them for following the script. It doesn't seem like many are being hidden anymore. That or they're better hidden than before. :D
    I wouldn't say that. Sure, most of them are at least related to the mission but there are always some that require exploring things on your own or performing actions you're never told to perform. Even the mission-related ones aren't usually automatic, but based on performance like guarding Kuumarke on the kentari moon or there are multiple accolades for doing things different ways like in Brushfire where you get one for obeying the prison guards and another for disobeying and getting shot.

There could, of course, always be more accolades.