test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Frequency Remodulator is completely broken.

Upon this last update, I discovered that several of my characters lost their frequency remodulators.

While on Defera, talking to Kuzmina or Wek should allow you to claim a new one, but that option is now missing from the dialog box.

Replicating a new one does give me one, but when I go to equip it, it says that the item cannot be equipped.

So unless I go to the exchange and buy a TR-116B for all the characters or engage in purely melee combat, several of my characters are now incapable of doing anything on Defera.

Anyone else having this issue?
Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!

Comments

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    * deleted *
  • engineerb4#4806 engineerb4 Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you for the report.
    STO Software Engineer
    I build things. Things that make us go.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    @engineerb4#4806

I'll look into that, but I think I tried that before to no avail. Will report back my findings.

What of the lack of ability to get a frequency remodulator from Kuzmina or Wek?

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    STO Software Engineer
    @engineerb4#4806

Okay, I went and tried it out, and discovered how I think the error plays out (at the very least, it will give you guys a starting point to check out the issue).

When all four device slots are full, the frequency remodulator says "Unable to equip that item" when you right-click and select "Equip." In the character equip screen, it grays out entirely, indicating that the item is not equippable.

However, if I have an empty slot, the FR becomes equippable.

I may be wrong, but to me it seems as if there's a false reading coming through when the device slots are full, making the FR seem as if it's not a valid device for use.

So a workaround for this issue is to unequip one of the four personal devices, then equip the FR. Dragging and dropping over an equipped device to "swap" them does not work.

Things I want in STO:

STO Software Engineer
    That mostly matches what I found. However, I was able to swap the devices through dragging. What were the devices you were trying to drag swap with?

Sorry, completely missed this notification. They were the epic level tribbles that give marks (Solanae, Fleet, Romulan, etc)

Things I want in STO:

STO Software Engineer