test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Coming back after a year out due to reasons.

mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
First all if there are those who remember what i did last year, then you will know that what i did was utterly stupid, i didn't show any judgement or respect to anyone for what happened with that quit thread. i want to apologise to everyone for that including those in PWE and Cryptic. There obviously will be people who won't want to accept an apology but i realise that somethings can't be undone and you just need to move on, i just don't want things to go back to way they were.

the reason i acted the way i did was related to some mental issues that was been a problem for me going on over a decade since leaving school, but back towards early 2016 unfortunately it just flared up worse than usual and as a result acted like a rabid child and eventually it just ended up as that quit thread as i was already in a depressive phase at that point. it took me all of 8 months to find my way out of it, almost killed myself a few times but i'm on more stable ground now than i have ever felt in the years before hand. i had to work these demons out on my own time and getting help from outside assistance was more counter productive than good. i purposely refrained from coming near these boards with the exception to that one comment surrounding the t6 light cruiser.

Anyway, if you don't mind having me back, i would like that.
Sorry once again.
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.

Comments

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Welcome back. Not much has changed.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Thank you. i see a few changes, a new expac and heavy weapons as well as t6 light cruisers... be interesting plug back into the game again.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I meant the forums haven't changed pig-2.gif.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Forums... The forums never change...​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited August 2017
    artan42 wrote: »
    I meant the forums haven't changed pig-2.gif.​​

oh! lol.
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Forums... The forums never change...​​

indeed, little has changed, it is something of a comfort in some ways though, remembering names, profiles and the different personalities.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Well, I seem to remember that name, and that avatar...

Hope you feel better now and have fun with the game and the forums.

You have now new opportunities to do the Arena of Sompek the first time, debate the virtues and flaws of Discovery on the forum, and spend ridicilous amounts of money for a space ships. (The last isn't new per se, but there are new ships to be collected.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    Well, I seem to remember that name, and that avatar...

Hope you feel better now and have fun with the game and the forums.

You have now new opportunities to do the Arena of Sompek the first time, debate the virtues and flaws of Discovery on the forum, and spend ridicilous amounts of money for a space ships. (The last isn't new per se, but there are new ships to be collected.)

I was just looking up Sompek actually, an interesting way around the game not to mention all these competitive wargames that have come recently. Look forward to getting into those through pugs.

Was actually thinking of joining a fleet, been on my own for too long, it would be nice to fly with others and get some stuff going, turn around that isolationist attitude. Trouble is finding one that is active, friendly but not mechanical like and has a lot of respect for each and every member. after time on a guild on SWTOR as second only to a guild leader, it would be nice to be involved a little more, not to mention all those locator consoles, fleet t6 ships and other things :smiley: ... there is this whole other side of STO i have not seen before that has bothered me for years.

Thanks for the tips @mustrumridcully0 .
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I was just looking up Sompek actually, an interesting way around the game not to mention all these competitive wargames that have come recently. Look forward to getting into those through pugs.

Was actually thinking of joining a fleet, been on my own for too long, it would be nice to fly with others and get some stuff going, turn around that isolationist attitude. Trouble is finding one that is active, friendly but not mechanical like and has a lot of respect for each and every member. after time on a guild on SWTOR as second only to a guild leader, it would be nice to be involved a little more, not to mention all those locator consoles, fleet t6 ships and other things :smiley: ... there is this whole other side of STO i have not seen before that has bothered me for years.

The competitive queues are already dead pig-2.gif

Seriously, they went the way of the other queues maybe two weeks into the rep. If you don't rely on pre-mades it's hard to pug ten players for them.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    the comp stuff didn't die until the start of the summer event
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    angrytarg wrote: »

The competitive queues are already dead pig-2.gif

Seriously, they went the way of the other queues maybe two weeks into the rep. If you don't rely on pre-mades it's hard to pug ten players for them.​​

hahaha. i was going to try them and i saw five in game and three in queue with a 37min waiting time.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Welcome back.

thank you @coldnapalm.
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    Welcome Back!
    thanks @Eldarion79.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    Welcome back, mirrorchaos. :smile:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    thank you @baddmoonrizin , it's good to be back.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    L0ZJ4YP.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Go pro or go home
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    uwWW9zM.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    ... huh. Those are new...
  • admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    Well, as per tradition...
    welcome-back-to-the-nut-house.png
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
    good to see you as well @Admiralnat :smile: .
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    uwWW9zM.png

Fair enough. :smiley:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Pretty sure I remember you too. Welcome back.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

Pretty sure I remember you too. Welcome back.

i remember your avatar picture quite clearly and a screenshot contest back in 2015? you were one of those winners IIRC.

Good to see you to @jodarkrider , and thank you.
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    i remember your avatar picture quite clearly and a screenshot contest back in 2015? you were one of those winners IIRC.
    I like, legit totes... don't remember this. HAHA. Time flies. But I like to see some oldtimers still around. :smiley:

[10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider