test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whats the Point of Making a Temporal Agent now?

Since we no longer get the Transponder which gave temporal agents all those stuff, new players that create them....get nothing. There is no real point as far as I can see for a new player, or even us older players, in creating Temporal Agents because of the lack of the Transponder which made playing a temporal agent worth while. Especially since after the first initial six missions, you are in the normal fed story line. So, is there really any point to them now?

Comments

• alcaatrazalcaatraz Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    You can't make Temporal Agents (that was specifically an event only thing) just like you can't get a Delta Recruit anymore.

TOS Themed Characters have:
    • A different (and I dare say better) tutorial
    • A differant visual style UI
    • A chance to have the TOS experaince (which many would say is a boon)
    • A additional set of starting missions
    • Probably something else that I'm missing

(These TOS characters are no longer advertised as Temporal Agents IIRC)
    --- @alcaatraz || I make tanks and do maths stuffs ---
    "I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul."
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    The proper Pig-look for the Tellarite.
  • soulforgersoulforger Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Other than the tutorial and the first six missions, there really is no new content.
    But, yes, that would be the only way to have pig faced tellarites.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    The TOS Klingon and Gorn unlocks.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • roguegamer23roguegamer23 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    to have a toon for farming, now what you toons looking at get back to mining that dil because it won't mine itself.
    Do it once, unlocked forever, no need to do it again.
    to have a toon for farming, now what you toons looking at get back to mining that dil because it won't mine itself.
    Don't need a TOS officer to do that.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    edited August 2017
    soulforger wrote: »
    Do it once, unlocked forever, no need to do it again.

True, but a new player, or an older player who never made one, would still need to do so in order to get the unlock to begin with.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • benselassem#4731 benselassem Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    TOS outfits and class F shuttle without c-store investment, a different starter ship with a constitution bridge, TOS tellarites, the option to buy 23rd century gear, BOFFs and training manuals, and last but not least, these axtra missions that are well worth playing in my humble opinion. If you have your toon only for farming, then you're right, there is no reason to make a TOS alt.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    simple really, because TOS > TNG+
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    i still have two delta recruits, they have not been leveled yet.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • dana2lovedana2love Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    When/if I create another character, unless I have to pick a specific faction for a recruit event, will be a TOS character, just because I feel like it.
    Exactly. If my envisioned character fits in one of the available TOS species that's where I start.
    pmuvj73Aj
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    tremere12 wrote: »
    The proper Pig-look for the Tellarite.

This pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    The point is the "Temporal Agent" was limited time recruitment event.

No more Temporal Agents can be created. You can now only create a 23rd century character that will have 23rd century audio and visual effects bound to the character and the ship that character commands.
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Encourage Cryptic to rerun the existing recruiting events every so often. I could use another Romulan character.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    a few unlocks, some of which even work, some TOS stylings and story content, and an andorian waifu.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    nightken wrote: »
    a few unlocks, some of which even work, some TOS stylings and story content, and an andorian waifu.

The only people who are into Andorians are the ones who never had a Tellarite pig-29.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou

The only people who are into Andorians are the ones who never had a Tellarite pig-29.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    Pioneer class admiralty card too... kind of weird that you can't buy that ship anywhere else.
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    This :sunglasses:

(although after arriving in the 25th Century, my Tarsi did grow her hair out, get 'transfered' to my Tac Romulan's command, and now runs around in a spiffy Temporal Jumpsuit :tongue: )
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    TOS fans would say that there's a point.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Because Kirk is the best Trek captain, duh.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

(although after arriving in the 25th Century, my Tarsi did grow her hair out, get 'transfered' to my Tac Romulan's command, and now runs around in a spiffy Temporal Jumpsuit :tongue: )

funny thing is my ToS character just happens to be andorian, I had a human and have no interest in the other two choices.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Besides the ToS theme. You do the tutorial and those missions you will make level 10 faster than the regular fed campaign. Which gets you to 20 sooner as well. So if farming points for a fleet ToS characters are better.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User

funny thing is my ToS character just happens to be andorian, I had a human and have no interest in the other two choices.
    :D I haven't yet tried a playable Andorian character, maybe for the next Exchange mule :sunglasses:
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Best point of all is that you can't make a temporal agent now, just the AoY character without being a temporal agent.

And that choice is fine even if OP doesn't like it
    Post edited by nccmark on
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Just a thought. But every AoY character is technically a temporal agent. Sent from the 23rd century to the 25th to work for Daniels.

So in theory they can rerun the event when ever they want and just activate getting the device again.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.