test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

feeling a bit naked on the console

console version gives you the basic uniforms and then microtransactions you to death for everything else...they even expect you to buy academy uniforms...i say add a monthly sub and give us access to more uniforms! uniforms unite against this tyranny of micro bs!

Comments

• bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    You know on PC, we also had to pay for all those uniforms. Sounds like you are getting the same game as we are. Monthly subs didn't give people uniforms. *GASP*​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    You have to buy Academy Uniforms on the PC version of STO.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Only uniform from sub was a LTS admiral coat
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Why don't you sub then use the stipend to buy uniforms!
  • alabuck48alabuck48 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    heh i played the pc version for like 4 years...totally forgot...spent $100's on stuff over the years...thought i'd try the console version out and really liking it...just miss all my shtuff...
  • telekill2012telekill2012 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I actually like the uniforms that were free. No problems with what I've been given.

I was actually more put out by having to spend $5 each on bridge officer races I wanted that weren't automatically included (Borg and Caitian). I understand the reasoning behind their model though and I've spent around $15 total on the PS4 version. That's nothing in comparison to what I spent on PC when it first released considering you had to buy the game and then do monthly subs. I only played for a couple months and ended up putting in around $65-$80 total.

Either way, this is the best Star Trek game I've ever played.
  • byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    Consoles don't have a subscription service, only the lifetime membership that for all you get with it is well overpriced against the PC version's.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Why don't you sub then use the stipend to buy uniforms!

You cannot sub on consoles. There is no way to get a monthly stipend. Even purchasing the LTS on the console does not provide a monthly stipend. However, at least it is in the consoles' C-Store so console players can grind for the LTS.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I am also happy with the clothing that was given to me. I've gotten most of mine from giveaways or the seasonal stuff in the event store. I think I've only ever bought one outfit from c-store.

I get my zen from monthly stipend and Arc quests.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • bonzodog01bonzodog01 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    I admit I bought the Intel set, and the Bajoran uniforms for my all Bajoran crew.
    XBox One - NFV Rylon - T6 Kolasi Siege Destroyer
    British Imperial Armada
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Haven't paid for an outfit yet....other than the outfits included in the "starter packs"...and I didn't actually pay for those either, got em in give aways.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png