test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What song do you play when kicking butt in game

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I'm not sure I can name only a single song. :D

Most of the time I have my entire music collection (3200+ songs) on shuffle when I'm playing STO. Or I just pick an album and listen it from the start to the end.

Now, the song count might seem like a big number, but it really isn't.
    It only encompasses entire album collection of Anthrax, Bangles, Black Sabbath, Def Leppard, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Genesis, Iron Maiden, Manowar, Megadeth, Metallica, Mike Oldfield, Queen, Roger Waters, Rush, Saxon, Slayer, The Smiths, Status Quo, Vennaskond, and Yes.
    As well as 7 first albums by Accept, 5 first albums by Helloween, 4 first by Marillion, 6 first by Queensryche and 3 first Taylor Swift albums.

Nice man.. you got some good stuff listed there! :)
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    @jonsills
    I actually have Amused to Death on cassette, it's a really great album. :)
    And yes, I hear you on shuffling being awkward with concept albums, but eh, I'm playing STO and have my main focus on game, so I don't mind something like The Wall or Lamb Lies Down on Broadway being cut too much.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    @jonsills
    I actually have Amused to Death on cassette, it's a really great album. :)
    And yes, I hear you on shuffling being awkward with concept albums, but eh, I'm playing STO and have my main focus on game, so I don't mind something like The Wall or Lamb Lies Down on Broadway being cut too much.

Glad to see someone else likes Genesis when they were actually good. Phil Collins should have stayed behind the drums. ;)
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Hehe, yep. I mean, I have nothing against the 80s "pop-oriented-Genesis" music, they managed to still put out solid tunes, but back in 70s, with Peter Gabriel, doing *real* prog - mindblowing. Nursery Cryme, Foxtrot, Selling England by the Pound and The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway are all absolutely astonishing masterpieces.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I just loop the Cucumbers in Space song from the DS9 soundtrack. :D
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    If I could somehow make a Cosplay outfit for Darkwing Duck (Might try again as I do have the Competitive cape) I'd blast this during ground missions.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0KOooLdn9Q
    And this on ESD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCrn-wrJW5Y
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    I'm a DJ on Secondlife (In fact I'm streaming my set right now as I post this) I Play anything and everything, except beiber. Bleh.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    When me and my Redshirts are getting ready for an away team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyA82yDXcMw
    XzRTofz.gif
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    Aside from Aktuh and Melota I'm suprised no one listen to Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds while playing.I guess I'm just wierd like that.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • omega6theta1omega6theta1 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Anything/everything from Amon Amarth
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Interstellar OST :blush: Fits the space atmosphere so frikken well. And its one of those OST's that you can listen to start to finish.
    Love Hans Zimmer so much.

https://youtu.be/UDVtMYqUAyw?list=[YT]PLQ-vtJliXSFf7WLIlbZvLceJGuL8xBe6H[YT]

Other notable mentions;

10hrs of Gandalf Falls (LoTR Theme)
    10Hrs of Theme from Cast Away
    Various songs from the Mass Effect Series
    Inception OST
    Field Of Dreams OST (James Horner... Another amazing OST artist)
    Last of Us OST
    Book of Eli OST (Underrated score and film imho)
    10hrs Halo 2 Main Menu Theme

Various songs from EVE Online... but mostly the Jon Hallur stuff like Red Glowing Dust;
    https://youtu.be/1iKA2wJp97s?list=[YT]PLQ-vtJliXSFf7WLIlbZvLceJGuL8xBe6H[YT]

*To be fair to this games Audio/Sound department.. The STO theme is pretty darn good imho. Also some of the sector space music is really nice and well done as well. But for the last couple years I've been running youtube in background. And play various OST's. :smile:
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    The Killing Floor 2 is a great combat soundtrack in space and ground
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User

What anime was that?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
      Network engineers are not ship designers.
      Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
    • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
      Oh god... there's not enough forum space for the music I listen to while playing...

What I listen to the most would be:

Mechwarrior 2 (incl. Ghost Bear's Legacy)
      Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries
      Mechwarrior 4 & Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries
      Homeworld, Cataclysm, & Homeworld 2
      Stellaris
      Master of Orion 2
      Pax Imperia
      Anything by Two Steps From Hell
      Megadeth
      Iron Maiden
      All the ST movie soundtracks, and some of the various series' TV tracks when I find them.

There's tons more music, but the above is what I usually listen to when playing.
      -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
    • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
      edited August 2017
      feiqa wrote: »

What anime was that?

Riding Bean. If I remember correctly, the manga version it's based on exists in the same universe as Gunsmith Cats.

Also, one thing I have on my playlist is the soundtrack to the live-action Space Battleship Yamato, especially this track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgSJBNkY3k8
      Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
    • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
      djxprime wrote: »

What anime was that?

Riding Bean. If I remember correctly, the manga version it's based on exists in the same universe as Gunsmith Cats.

Also, one thing I have on my playlist is the soundtrack to the live-action Space Battleship Yamato, especially this track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgSJBNkY3k8

Nice. Thank you.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
      Network engineers are not ship designers.
      Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
    • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
      Absolutely nothing. I just play the game.

Thought whatever is on the tv plays in the background. Whatever the hubby decides he wants to watch.
      Now a LTS and loving it.
      Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
      I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
      Tck7dQ2.jpg
      Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
    • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
      Pretty much this...

-video redacted-
      Hmm, that is amusing; extra points for a character who looks the part (well, as closely as STO's options allow, anyway). The band responsible, Anamanaguchi, also gave us the soundtrack for the game treatment of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (which itself has some good tunes for this purpose).

Other worthy composers include Frank Klepacki (most associated with Command & Conquer) and Jeremy Soule (Total Annihilation, among others). Also consider Kyle Richards (Terminal Velocity) and the late, great John Barry...

rattler2 wrote: »
      Sometimes I listen to totally inappropriate music for the situation...
      Go ahead, look up 'Happy! Smile! Hello!'. Autograph's 'Turn Up the Radio' can 'work' for this as well... and, in fact, is actually used in Alpha Protocol as BGM for the fight with Bryako (video)... and yes, it's Completely Justified in-universe.
    • themic609themic609 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
      This on repeat for both space and ground

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXktkysszkc

"Helm Prepare Maneuver Circle Target Alpha, Tactical Prepare BFAW3 and mash Spacebar"

• grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
      alot of nice choices
      Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
    • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
      I'm not sure I can name only a single song. :D

Most of the time I have my entire music collection (3200+ songs) on shuffle when I'm playing STO. Or I just pick an album and listen it from the start to the end.

Now, the song count might seem like a big number, but it really isn't.
      It only encompasses entire album collection of Anthrax, Bangles, Black Sabbath, Def Leppard, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Genesis, Iron Maiden, Manowar, Megadeth, Metallica, Mike Oldfield, Queen, Roger Waters, Rush, Saxon, Slayer, The Smiths, Status Quo, Vennaskond, and Yes.
      As well as 7 first albums by Accept, 5 first albums by Helloween, 4 first by Marillion, 6 first by Queensryche and 3 first Taylor Swift albums.

Nice man.. you got some good stuff listed there! :)

Can I second that? =D

chiyoumiku wrote: »
      I'm a DJ on Secondlife (In fact I'm streaming my set right now as I post this) I Play anything and everything, except beiber. Bleh.

A fellow SLer! I do a bit of Trek RP there myself.

I have a few playlists on my Winamp just for STO, which even has a few songs from Transformers: the Movie, Weezer, Metallica, Hammerfall, Nothingface, some Chevelle, Boston ... sometimes take it down a bit with some Glenn Miller and some oldies.
      Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
    • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
      ...sometimes take it down a bit with some Glenn Miller and some oldies.
      For which occasions I might suggest the likes of 'Mars, the Bringer of War' and 'Ride of the Valkyries'. Or, for an example of a more recent oldie, '(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction'... which, like 'Turn Up the Radio' is actually invoked in-universe as fight music - specifically, in the 1986 version of Raw Deal.

What anime was that?

Riding Bean
      dvZq2Aj.jpg
      Sometimes the Benny Hill theme works GREAT for stuff for Borg space and ground stuff. :D
      dvZq2Aj.jpg