test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best handle/ship name you have seen?

back during Beta I saw capt Gilligan and the SS Minnow in Sector space and in one of the early missions I was teamed with USS Rusty Target... if you players are still around, Bravo
Spock.jpg

Comments

• metusregemmetusregem Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I saw one guy with "I.S.S. Chimera" once, he also had his guy looking like Grand Admiral Thrawn.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    While looking for Vengeance builds online, I saw someone had a Capt. Trump in the U.S.S. Murica. Obviously not a Trump fan(?), but I did like their imagination they put into the build and the 'flavor text' they had for reasoning of the boff powers.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    U.S.S. Red October captained by Marko Ramius
    Go pro or go home
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I remember seeing a ship or character, I can't remember which, named Aux2Batman. I thought that was hilarious.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    I'm going to put in a shameless plug for two of my own ships, the RNGesus and the Solo Shoots 1st. Star Wars fans will get that last one.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    The ones that imply that a name is not important ('USS Whocares' and such) are funny.

And I saw a USS Def Leppard once. I could appreciate that.

I'm sure there are more fun ones but I don't remember them right now :)
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Once saw a player with a KT Dreadnought named 'Reconciliation' (the antonym of 'Vengence' )
    I think it was in the player's bio though, as suspect the ship name editor wouldn't accept the number of characters in 'reconcilliation'.
    It would. The limit is 16 characters.

But "Truth and Reconciliation" is a no go. :cry:
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    "It's not a lag it's a feature" is an epic toon name I've seen.
    "Jesus Christ" as a ground healer was also fun to witness.
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Czech Norris - presumebly by a Czech, don't recall if it was a ship or toon.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »
    I remember seeing a ship or character, I can't remember which, named Aux2Batman. I thought that was hilarious.

Yeah I've seen that handle a bunch of times in the DPS channel chat. Was an active user and a good guy from what I remember.
    Not seen him in a while, but I haven't been playing much as of late.

I actually stole/borrowed/repurposed that handle as inspiration for my Supergirl toons ship; the USS AUX2BATT-WING (Fleet Phantom).

Other funny ship names I've seen...

USS BIG TUNA
    USS HYRULE TRIFORCE (Lukari Event Ship)
    USS SAMMICH

I cant really remember any other ones atm.. that's all I got off the top of my head..
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • devilment666devilment666 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    My Pathfinder is called the USS Clever Ship Name.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    I remember repeatetly seeing a Gorn, along the lines of "Th'rokk Stonethrower, Esq."
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I think I saw a Roj Blake of the USS Liberator once. Particularly interesting as my main (and the character I was on at the time) is Stephen Travis. If you can guess the series they have in common you'll deserve a cookie ^_^
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Once saw a player with a KT Dreadnought named 'Reconciliation' (the antonym of 'Vengence' )
    I think it was in the player's bio though, as suspect the ship name editor wouldn't accept the number of characters in 'reconcilliation'.

it should; reconciliation's only 14 characters and the limit is 16​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    I think I saw a Roj Blake of the USS Liberator once. Particularly interesting as my main (and the character I was on at the time) is Stephen Travis. If you can guess the series they have in common you'll deserve a cookie ^_^

Blakes 7. How do I get my cookie out of my PC?​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I ran a battlezone the other day with a guy who's character name was 'Jim Hadar.'

For some reason, I just couldn't stop laughing.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
  • tvirxtvirx Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    TOS Constitution "USS Garbage Scow" Pure awesomeness.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    edited August 2017
    I once flew with The Great Gornholio in an Infected run.

And a friend of mine saw the USS Vorpal Epohh.

When my fleet's on we usually call out funny ship names we see in our fleet chat.

Also... if I'm on my Romulan, I tend to have Legend of Zelda themed names for ships since my Romulan is named Saria. My Rezreth is named Volvagia and runs the Withering Disruptors for "lava beams" from the "lava dragon".
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    USS Windowlicker.........o.O
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    On of my toons flies the JMC Red Dwarf, her ground team is Rimmer, Lister, Kat. I found out the hard way not to put any drinkable consumables on lister. He has all mk xiii gear, but he pops the rotgut and promptly falls to the next shot incoming. EVERY TIME!
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Right when Cryptic released the Federation Dreadnought Cruiser, which came with a Phaser Spinal Lance, I saw someone fly around in the U.S.S. Lancealot. LOL. Brilliant! :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    On of my toons flies the JMC Red Dwarf, her ground team is Rimmer, Lister, Kat. I found out the hard way not to put any drinkable consumables on lister. He has all mk xiii gear, but he pops the rotgut and promptly falls to the next shot incoming. EVERY TIME!

If you ever spot a Universe class called Red Dwarf, gimme a wave :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • tubafiredragontubafiredragon Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Temporal Agent Captain Nemo of the Narcine Dreadnought Nautilus
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I once came across han solo flying the "milleium facon" (complete with typos). Funny to behold in a "so bad it's good" kind of way.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    ashstorm1 wrote: »
    I once came across han solo flying the "milleium facon" (complete with typos). Funny to behold in a "so bad it's good" kind of way.
    But did he shoot first?
  • benselassem#4731 benselassem Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    ashstorm1 wrote: »
    But did he shoot first?
    He did./He didn't.
  • mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    My T6 Fleet Miranda has taken the path of great Miranda class ships and become the "USS Cannon Fodder" with one mission to boldly go into combat and avoid the fate of many Miranda class ships before her by not getting blown to pieces during the first exchange of fire.
  • rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Do I get extra credit for maintaining a consistent naming scheme?

R.R.W. Prickly Beast (R'Mor)
    R.R.W. Prickly Thing (Orberous)
    R.R.W. Prickly Pear (Eternal)
    R.R.W. Prickly Whale (T'Laru)
    R.R.W. Prickly Shadow (Fleet T'Varo)

And, of course, various iterations of U.S.S. Purple Avenger (I was into Polaron weps as a Fed).

Etc.

RCK - a.k.a. "Evul Jacob" and "Jacob Lightener"
    Post edited by rck01 on
  • mspfuelermspfueler Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Giving away my age. KDF. Old Engi toon.

"T'Rex" flying the:

"Bang'A'Gong" on a T5U TorKaht. Still a great ship-Long live the hub cap diamond star halo!
    Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!