test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Arena of Sompek Returns for Three Weeks!

Comments

• iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    galatt wrote: »
    Any advice or suggestions for someone who hasn't done this before? I'm using my Engineer main for this?

I have to agree with what others have said, don't run it on an Engineer. Which really stinks since I would prefer to run it on my Engineer but I'm not wanting to sit around for 45 minutes to an hour to get to level 4 while waiting for spawns.

It was broken last time, not fixed during the event and I would doubt it will be fixed this time. I really hope I'm wrong though. Penalizing 1 career is bad enough, but one Engineer on a team can penalize everyone on that team.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    It's GekoMetrics©®. Please be respectful of Copyright and Trademark.

Thank you. ;)

Arena of Sompek...BEST PvE ever and Players LOVE it!!!

if you don't get the pun...guess you are a noob and you werent here during Delta Rising meme's wars

BESTEST EVER!

article-0-0A950E52000005DC-624_468x344.jpg​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Did they ever post details on the pulsewave?
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Are the reward tokens account or character bound? Can we use leftover tokens from the previous Sompek event?
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    These are NOT Weekend Event Vouchers, these are specific to this new version of Sompek. The previous Weekend Event Vouchers were good to use on the Kobayashi Event as well.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • simjbosimjbo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Just did the timed version... 20min... really?
    I have 19 or 20 characters that could run the event theoretically, a couple more that aren't of sufficient lvl yet...
    Personally i like the AoS, but i do not fancy the 20 x 20 min x 14 (5600 min or 93 h 20min) i'd have to spend on getting that gun for all.
    simjbo wrote: »
    PS: Wouldn't mind non-event versions of Crystalline Cataclysm, Arena of Sompek, Kobayashi Maru and even Mirror Invasion...

A non-event version of Crystalline Cataclysm already exists. It's called Crystalline Catastrophe.
    I'm aware of the cca... wanted to say "like the Crystalline Catastrophe...

Okay, what level do you really have to get to in order to get the reward? I was just on a team and we made it to round 5 before Tholians wiped us out, but I got no reward. No marks, no token, no XP no DIl.

Nada, zip, zero, zilch, bupkis.

Guess I may have to rethink whether I want to do this after all if it's going to be this bugged.

• darknexusomega#2048 darknexusomega Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I just ran this as well and got to lvl 4 but got no rewards. It says in the blog you need to get past lvl 3 to get rewards. Or do you need to actually BEAT level 4 to get rewards? If so, I can see this being very difficult to do since most teams are wanting to do the least possible to get the rewards.
    "Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." - Isaac Asimov
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Heghbat Hoch chuqDaj'e'.
    Need to beat 4. If you don't you've only done 3.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Did a timed (20 minutes). We got to level 27. Got 63 Marks (plus Daily), 600 Dilitium, 1 each of the Normal and Elite R&D Packs. The Elite did not contain the Salvaged Technology.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    I have 14 total characters but I will probably do that on 3 of my toons...
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
    Well, after about 2 hours, I finally got this finished... on one character. The first time we made it to round 5 as I said before, but no rewards were given. The next 2 times the teams never made it to Round 5 and the last team that did finally make it that far, decided to run out the clock.

I was not in a good mood when the last match started and I was hoping that I'd get a decent enough team to just get it done. When round 5 finished and folks were still fighting and rezzing, I knew this was going to be an even longer experience than I'd already had.

I didn't give up, but I didn't exactly try real hard either. I targeted some baddies here and there and shot them, but, ugh.

I know I said I'd give this a go on one character but I'm now regretting saying that. But I said I'd do it and I will, I try to keep my word. Thirteen more days of this drivel and I can assure you I will likely never, EVER, do this event again.

Unless the unique reward is made an account unlock. Then, and only then, would I likely be enticed enough to do this again.

• sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Well, after about 2 hours, I finally got this finished... on one character. The first time we made it to round 5 as I said before, but no rewards were given. The next 2 times the teams never made it to Round 5 and the last team that did finally make it that far, decided to run out the clock.

I was not in a good mood when the last match started and I was hoping that I'd get a decent enough team to just get it done. When round 5 finished and folks were still fighting and rezzing, I knew this was going to be an even longer experience than I'd already had.

I didn't give up, but I didn't exactly try real hard either. I targeted some baddies here and there and shot them, but, ugh.

I know I said I'd give this a go on one character but I'm now regretting saying that. But I said I'd do it and I will, I try to keep my word. Thirteen more days of this drivel and I can assure you I will likely never, EVER, do this event again.

Unless the unique reward is made an account unlock. Then, and only then, would I likely be enticed enough to do this again.

So you actually have to stay in the queue for the full time?
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    So the engineer issue where the turrets and mines would delay the next level appears to have resolved. My first team had two engineers and we had no delays. Just to be sure I ran it again on my engineer and still no problems. So at least that's a positive.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »

So you actually have to stay in the queue for the full time?

No. You should get the reward once the queue is over, either by everybody dying or finishing out the time, whichever comes first, so long as you finished round 4. I know that I got it done when we all died on round 6 once today. I guess I must have gotten the lucky PUGs, because none of mine failed to make it past round 4, and most went the full 20 minutes, which I wish wasn't the case. If everybody decided to intentionally fail round 5, this would actually be a very quick queue. Most groups I've been on had round 4 complete in under 3 minutes.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    No, the queue will end when all players are dead... err, defeated at the same time. However, if one person stays alive, it keeps going. All it takes is one die hard to keep rezzing folks, even though they've been sitting there napping for a couple minutes, to keep things going.

I just got unlucky with bad spawns (Tholians nuked us on my first run and we were too tightly packed), bad bugs (as in getting to level 5 but getting no rewards), and bad PUGs (that either couldn't last to level 5 or were all gung-ho wanting to prove they had the right stuff).

Add in the 30 minute cooldown after 3 failures and it adds up. 90 minutes just on cooldowns so no, I wasn't actually playing for 2 hours, it just took 2 hours to get my one character a successful run.

Doing this on alts? No way, no how, no thanks.

• thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    Please make all NPCs susceptible to lightning round as well.

Or just remove it.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    It is so disappointing that cryptic ruined that awesome map by turning it into a 2 week grinder for char based rewards.

It’s not as if peeps don’t want to play. There are just limits to what they are willing to endure.

This is worst decision since the balance check earlier this year. Both demotivate the player base massively.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Have the stats for the pulsewave been released yet. I don't see them.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    I was looking forward to this event until running it this morning. Iconians stuck in the wall that you can't target causing the run to fail after 10 minutes. You would think that PWE would actually try to fix things instead of just re releasing the same old bugged out garbage over and over! Definitely not worth my time in this state!
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    galatt wrote: »
    Any advice or suggestions for someone who hasn't done this before? I'm using my Engineer main for this?

You might wanna have a look at this guide.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Okay, what level do you really have to get to in order to get the reward? I was just on a team and we made it to round 5 before Tholians wiped us out, but I got no reward. No marks, no token, no XP no DIl.

Guess I may have to rethink whether I want to do this after all if it's going to be this bugged.

Is this happening to alot of people? This worries me if it is and, especially ,if you're still put on the 20 Hour timer after getting nothing. :/
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User

Is this happening to alot of people? This worries me if it is and, especially ,if you're still put on the 20 Hour timer after getting nothing. :/

The 20-hour timer is a token countdown, so you have to get the token to initiate the timer. However you *will* be put on a 30-minute cooldown once the mission is complete, success or not.

I PUGged it five times yesterday and all of them made it past the fifth wave and got the Sompek merit, unlike the last Kobayashi event where I had a few teams that made me redo the mission for not even making it to wave three.

Luckily since I got no reward at all it only put me on cooldown for the queue, not the reward token. So I guess that is one positive thing to take away from that first glitch.

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    I was looking forward to this event until running it this morning. Iconians stuck in the wall that you can't target causing the run to fail after 10 minutes. You would think that PWE would actually try to fix things instead of just re releasing the same old bugged out garbage over and over! Definitely not worth my time in this state!

If something gets stuck inside the geometry, here or anywhere, get everyone to break line of sight with it (meaning it can't fire on anyone) and it will free itself. I had it happen with a Cardassian in a run yesterday, and she worked her way out after a couple of minutes. If you have NPC allies that you can't control, it might not happen, but that isn't the case here.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »

If something gets stuck inside the geometry, here or anywhere, get everyone to break line of sight with it (meaning it can't fire on anyone) and it will free itself. I had it happen with a Cardassian in a run yesterday, and she worked her way out after a couple of minutes. If you have NPC allies that you can't control, it might not happen, but that isn't the case here.

Tried that. It was an Iconian Harbringer or whatever it's called. We literally tried just about everything for the 10 minute round time out. It would not come out of the wall it was stuck in but it did keep firing at us regardless of whether or not we were in range or not.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Made it to round 26 last night (new personal best, great team) with an Engineer and was throwing down every fabrication and drone I had... no issues.

The only issue that I noticed was some NPCs would either spawn in walls (usually around the ramps) or would get knocked outside the playable area because of knock-back from explosions. All in all, though, the event ran much smoother than the last time this event was running. We were still able to get the stuck NPCs taken out with a little patience.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Per character? I'll pass on this one. This is a disappointing step back folks. I have 12 toons. No way that I can get through this on even half of them. My primary has amazing Lobi weapons... There's just no real incentive for me to grind this for 14 days with no appreciable reward for the effort.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Okay, to sum up all the extant issues:

We, as players, have to grind out 14 vouchers to get the Sompek Pulsewave, an item which we know precisely nothing about, using a mechanism which apparently has not been completely fixed from the previous version (which makes participation unreasonably problematic for one-third of the player professions), with no guarantee that the reward system will actually work.

And we have to do this PER TOON.

Yeah, this is not gonna work.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!