test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Do You Think? The Ferengi Admiralty

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Not sure if this is supposed to be this way, but Ferengi settlers do not collect with settlers from other groups. So it's basically prisoners staking together and two different stacks of settlers.

Other than that, and the GPL, it basically running like the other admiralty systems.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    Suggestion: replace prisoners with commodities. Thematically it doesn't really make sense to get that many prisoners.

Or R&D components.
    (any plans to expand the GPL store with this?)

And this. Certainly a better way to earn GPL than mindlessly drooling on a Dabo! table... but just as pointless, at the moment.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They are Colonists.

Well you need to do Dabo if you are looking after those Accolades.

Somog, from 'Time in a Bottle', if slotted in a Ground position will get you a GPL per ground kill. And when it comes to killing things, no one beats STO players. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    like that they are adding a new admirality, but hate that the tour of duty reward is more ore again, wht not make it another upgrade pack, or even give us 1 key, 100 zen or something besides ore as ore is pretty much point less since you can only refine 8K a day and most people probably have 1mill+ already saved up so why do we need another thing to give a big chuck of ore?
  • daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    The new admirality looks good. My only problem is that there are too few active slots. With stf's being dead now admirality is the last thing that keeps me still logging in. But due to having only 8 active slots this is becoming more and more bothersome. Adding 2 more active slots would make this grind a little better. Not that i really expect to actually happen. Anyway POE new season is close so i don't really care for now.
  • cptfweeblecptfweeble Member Posts: 9 New User
    I like the concept, always good to get more Ferengi content especially around the acquisition of GPL, but there is not much of note worth buying in the GPL store unless I am missing something. And rewards is the same as the KDF one. The only reason to do it is to get the new admiralty ship for level 10.

Add some more GPL content, ships for example, for 1,000,000 GPL and it'll be much more worth while.
  • apheex#3641 apheex Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Add GPL conversion into Lobi by the following: 10000 Gpl = 1 Lobi. At least it would have much more sense to grind for GPL...
    screenshot_2021-09-03-14-28-24.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    With the reward some of the missions give out... that's potentially at least 2 or 3 a day.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited August 2017
    My memory of Lobi Chystals, from the STV pilot, is that they are common and useless. :: shrugs ::
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    Meh,

Not touching it as I won't have anything to do with the Ferengi if I can help it.
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    Meh,

Not touching it as I won't have anything to do with the Ferengi if I can help it.

Do it for the orphans.
    giphy.gif
    Bajoran War Orphans Fund
    Donate Today!

You know now with this literally falling out of the sky GPL, they should change the Doff reward from 'Time in a Bottle' from Somog (who gives GPL per ground kill) to Gumarre.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Wore out 3 mouses just passing on worthless GPL missions.....

Mice? Or possibly another word.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QI_2ERlcM8
  • memnoch#6978 memnoch Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    Is there no space set to collect? If not I'll not touch it.
    You know, it's too bad we can't just deploy the GPL Party Nullifier all around in locations. We've gotten so much GPL we could literally buy hundreds of them per Character. ;)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    a
    ltminns wrote: »
    You know now with this literally falling out of the sky GPL, they should change the Doff reward from 'Time in a Bottle' from Somog (who gives GPL per ground kill) to Gumarre.
    No, they shouldn't.
    OK. We'll that settles it then. Thanks for straightening me out on that. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • cactolithcactolith Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Actually, the GPL vendor could sell a great book of grudges. :P
    Post edited by cactolith on
  • spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    I feel that it doesnt have that "ferengi" nature to it aside from generating GPL

seeing as the max reward is dil, it feels just like the KDF admiralty and the missions are the same as any of them.
    I think that the Ferengi should generate GPL AND EC more than the other admiralty because the ferengi are greedy SOBs

I could also see the admiralty missions being related to duty officer missions, Fed boosting Eng and Colonial, KDF Tac and Security while Rom would boost Science and Espionage.

Ferengi could boost trade and diplomatic?

its just another grind, but with some changes, even though its still a grind, could be more valuable to players in some way or another.

just my thoughts
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I'm pretty much with the major consensus here: Ferengi Admirality is currently just good for the dil rewards, and there seems to be little to do with all the surplus Gold Latinum one gets from Ferengi missions.

I did see a suggestion concerning converting the GPL to Lobi, and I support that. Though with that said, what would be a reasonable conversion rate? Perhaps 1 Lobi per 50 - 100k GPL?
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    ore is pretty much point less since you can only refine 8K a day and most people probably have 1mill+ already saved up so why do we need another thing to give a big chuck of ore?

I would bet you that they haven't. While the ore is somewhat redundant to the KDF admiralty, agreed, I doubt that the majority of players are only going through the daily motions to dil, but play the game as they like it. Then again, those same players probably won't really go for admiralty.

But if somebody has 1mil+ unrefined dil around and is playing for rewards, said somebody is doing it wrong. If they just happen from my normal gameplay, fine. If I want to grind dil, I will have alts so I can spread out more evenly.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • mthomps016mthomps016 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Nice ship reward at the end, but needs something other than dil, as a reward. I'm trying to burn down my ore stash.

Also, I think we'd all enjoy a way to spend our GPL.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    mthomps016 wrote: »
    Also, I think we'd all enjoy a way to spend our GPL.

Yea. STILL waiting on news about that. Anyone get any hints from the Reddit or anything?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Knowing these guys we'll probably be getting Super Party Amplifiers and the like. ;)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Knowing these guys we'll probably be getting Super Party Amplifiers and the like. ;)
    Yeah, map-wide dance party FTW! B)

Or ship party amps.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Considering the current endeavor of "Win 500 GPL from Dabo at Quark's," there has to be something they have in mind for the GPL store. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.
    edited August 2017
    Considering the current endeavor of "Win 500 GPL from Dabo at Quark's," there has to be something they have in mind for the GPL store. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

First spin I got 1000 GPL! Seemed like a waste to go all the way to DS9 for a single spin, so I played for the next half an hour. :p