test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Don't count common doffs against the limit.

dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
Common doffs are not used for missions (except when you are starting out w/ doffing); they are used for donations to projects and etc. For the most part, they are temporary items. So can we please not have them count against our doff limit? I have to go put a pile of doffs in the mail to make room so I can get grind out some commons for donations. And then when done, grab my doffs out for the mail. It's just such a needless thing to have to do, imo. Players aren't going to be saving hundreds of common doffs for long periods of time are they? So it shouldn't be a huge burden to whatever database Cryptic keeps.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2017
    And can we please get a Doff summary screen too? A screen that show me how many and of what quality doffs I have. Why do I have to get out a paper and pencil to manually jot down that info as I sort the list for each profession and then manually count each doff. We can have up to 500 doffs, there should be a way to see if we have 30 Chefs, for example, and that'd be the place to start culling the herd. It'd be a great QoL thing.

Don't need anything special, just something like this for each profession...
    Chef: 10/5/3/1/0/0
  • Options
    kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Like you said, just donate them all to projects. I dumped all my common doffs into fleet projects and used the proceeds for fancy stuff like fleet consoles. You may be able to trade a handful of common for one uncommon doff with the personnel officer at the Academy or Fleet Starbase, not completely sure though, I know you can trade a handful of uncommon for one random rare doff, that is how I get rid of my green ones. I also keep doing the personnel assignments when they become available just for more common doff to donate each week to fleet projects. Plus if you don't already have him, you may get a rare ferengi that can do the Aegis assignments. That's how I got mine.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I've never bothered to buy the DoFF increase beyond the 100 slots you get free and so far have never seen the need for more slots. Like kf4tvi, I run the personnel assignments quite regularly. I donate the regular commons to Fleet projects and grind excess commons to uncommons, uncommons I have multiples of to rares etc.

There are also some common DoFFs that aren't just throw aways. I've got all kinds of commons with special powers that I have to watch out for so I don't accidentally donate them to Fleet Projects, cause even "bound" commons can be donated....

Because I can't resist though, might as well ask that ships below T5 don't count towards the ship/dry dock limit, and that gear less than MK XII VR doesn't count towards inventory limits as the same logic would apply there as what you are asking.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    arionisa wrote: »
    Because I can't resist though, might as well ask that ships below T5 don't count towards the ship/dry dock limit, and that gear less than MK XII VR doesn't count towards inventory limits as the same logic would apply there as what you are asking.

More like saying any Mk2 ships/stuff you have. But even then you are stretching it. Those ships are mostly pointless, and you aren't going back and buying new ones every so often just to discard them.

Its when your doff roster is full and you want to down-grind a bound very rare doff you have 6 of, that ONE doff turns into 27 commons. Even if only the commons were not counted, that would mean I don't have to put so many in the mail to make room. I could get away with as little 7 but if I'm putting them on the Exchange, that makes for a lot of running back and forth across SFA to grinder npc.

• Options
    More like saying any Mk2 ships/stuff you have. But even then you are stretching it. Those ships are mostly pointless, and you aren't going back and buying new ones every so often just to discard them

I find those ships are helpful for doing admiralty assignments, some of the smaller lower grade ones have add ons like "ignore x requirements", and "25% off maintenance time" etc. that really help out. What are the current limits to how many ships you can have as "active ships"?

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Common doffs are not used for missions (except when you are starting out w/ doffing); they are used for donations to projects and etc. For the most part, they are temporary items. So can we please not have them count against our doff limit? I have to go put a pile of doffs in the mail to make room so I can get grind out some commons for donations. And then when done, grab my doffs out for the mail. It's just such a needless thing to have to do, imo. Players aren't going to be saving hundreds of common doffs for long periods of time are they? So it shouldn't be a huge burden to whatever database Cryptic keeps.

I am stockpiling DOFFs for the upcoming "Colony" thing....right now.
    Then, I am NOT grinding down my Purples, Blues or Greens, either.... so...

But I get whatcha mean....
    Opening multitudes of purchase boxes from the Personnel officer at the Starbase puts them in the overflow bag....but the "grinding" down operations does not.

NOTE: and they move directly from the overflow bag into the Fleet project itself.
    Post edited by where2r1 on
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    kf4tvi wrote: »
    I find those ships are helpful for doing admiralty assignments, some of the smaller lower grade ones have add ons like "ignore x requirements", and "25% off maintenance time" etc. that really help out. What are the current limits to how many ships you can have as "active ships"?

Technically, 'those ships' have nothing to do with your admiralty assignments, the ship cards do. You can discard those ships after you get the cards. (But be careful, admiralty cards can disappear on occasion if you don't have the ship in your shipyard or drydock. I've had to reclaim many c-store ships to get the cards back. Even had to spend 200k Fleet Credits to get back one ship! Thanks Cryptic! :# )

• Options
    Technically, 'those ships' have nothing to do with your admiralty assignments, the ship cards do. You can discard those ships after you get the cards. (But be careful, admiralty cards can disappear on occasion if you don't have the ship in your shipyard or drydock. I've had to reclaim many c-store ships to get the cards back. Even had to spend 200k Fleet Credits to get back one ship! Thanks Cryptic! :# )

I haven't yet found the need to discard any of the ships I have received free, purchased, or won opening a lockbox. But if you have more than the 48 allowed as active then I see how this could be a problem, I doubt I will ever have that problem though. So if I did reach that 48 limit, could I not just start using the dry dock feature?