test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make the docking officer at DS9 shut up

Junior officers don't sass admirals, they put fries on my damn plate.

Comments

• jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    It's especially annoying when we're leaving.
    boldly-watched.png
  • bruccybruccy Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    indeed this ensign needs reasigned lol
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    Yeah, it's annoying. I'd prefer an interact button that I can choose to hail DS9 for docking instead of an in-your-face pop-up.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    It's not so bad upon arrival, but being welcomed when I'm leaving is a bit much. I realize when you leave DS9 you 'arrive' on the DS9 area space map, which is the cause of the issue.

I'm not sure how it can be fixed, except perhaps with two different 'arrival' points: one for arrival from the sector space map and one from the DS9 ground map. Then the conversation can be linked to the spawn point. I don't know if that might cause other issues, such as it popping up when you fly around DS9 and pass through the spawn points.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    I agree, space the arrogant wretch. If she were one of my crew and she spoke to me with such disrespect, as a Dahar Master I'd be well within my rights to choke her with her own tongue!
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Can I add the ferengi at Drozana to this list? His list of things being available follows me to the sector map. . .

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    As long as we are complaining, please drop the temporal agent who tells you the timeline is ok every time you log on.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    indyshark wrote: »
    As long as we are complaining, please drop the temporal agent who tells you the timeline is ok every time you log on.

Yeah I once joked in Fleet chat that he must be lonely as he keeps contacting my (female) AoY toon constantly.

I'd say that an interact button for DS9 and Drozana would be great ESD, Qu'nos or New Romulus has that so it shouldn't be impossible to do (though I don't know if it would impossible to change or simply not worth the effort) and change the Temporal Agent pop-up to come only when there is a problem in the timeline, after all I don't need a daily reminder that "all is quiet on the western front" so to speak.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I hope they don't change this. It's quite funny to see our honourable and tough warriors so easily being offended by a docking officer :)

As it's usually Klingon players complaining about this :)
    Not offended, just annoyed that I can't give her the protracted execution she so richly deserves.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    all of the above, plus STOP TELLING ME HOW TO DOCK EVERY TIME I ENTER EARTH ORBIT!​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    all of the above, plus STOP TELLING ME HOW TO DOCK EVERY TIME I ENTER EARTH ORBIT!​​

Due to temporal incursions, the Docking officers are still living in 2409 when the Undine infiltrations were ungoing.

If you have played Borg Disconnected recently and watched the Dreadnought at the end, you'll know that the Undine are horrible pilots.

It's just a precaution ;)

We still need to figure out how those Docking officers know about what happens in Borg Disconnected though - but that's a story and a mission for another time.
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Agreed. Time to change that tune. Perhaps in the DS9 update with the Victory is Life expansion on the horizon she will say something else.
    Post edited by goodscotch on
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    lopequil wrote: »
    I agree, space the arrogant wretch. If she were one of my crew and she spoke to me with such disrespect, as a Dahar Master I'd be well within my rights to choke her with her own tongue!

If she was on my crew, it's off to the booth for rediscipline
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      If she was on my crew, it's off to the booth for rediscipline

To each his own. I prefer a more hands-on approach to crew discipline; if it doesn't leave a scar, they don't learn anything.
      Q9BWcdD.png
    • redspecter23redspecter23 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
      I say remove all in your face pop ups, or at least move them off to the side as a button. I'll add that dude and his crazy doppleganger that pop up twice when entering CCA to the list as well.
    • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
      make is so when you zone into a map, if there is a space station or planet you can visit, ala DS9 DS39 K7 Earth, Qeynos etc.. have a dialogue box you can transport down to planet, station or warp out...

if you approach the station or planet manually you get the regular pop up with talking head.

I hate going to Qeynos then needing to fly to planet to beam down... yet for earth I just zone in and can click on beam down to planet or to space station.

• jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
      maybe they should give the job to Kurland lol XD
    • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
      Oh god... *shivers*
      Not that ever... Please no.
      The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
    • jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
      edited August 2017
      I would KILL to be able to reassign them all to hauling fake targ poo out of Caspian Prime... but that's just me.
    • mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
      Maybe a ferengi should take over and ask GPL toll for docking?
      "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
      "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
    • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
      edited August 2017
      As long as we are complaining, please stop asking me whether I want to dock at the station, at ESD, without offering me a different location. Either ask me whether I really want to dock when I click 'dock' (which is by itself slightly redundant), or just dock me: but not whether I really want to dock at the station.
      3lsZz0w.jpg
    • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
      meimeitoo wrote: »
      As long as we are complaining, please stop asking me whether I want to dock at the station, at ESD, without offering me a different location. Either ask me whether I really want to dock when I click 'dock' (which is by itself slightly redundant), or just dock me: but not whether I really want to dock at the station.
      I think that might a limitation of the system as docking at ESD is technically a map transfer to a ground map, I can't think of case where a map transfer from space to ground or the other way around didn't have a confirmation pop-up.
    • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
      spiritborn wrote: »
      meimeitoo wrote: »
      I think that might a limitation of the system as docking at ESD is technically a map transfer to a ground map, I can't think of case where a map transfer from space to ground or the other way around didn't have a confirmation pop-up.

In that case, they should get rid of the other option (to beam down to the Academy), a bit farther out, and just consolidate both locations at the 'dock' guy: at least there's a valid reason for the popup then. :)
      3lsZz0w.jpg
    • gannadenegannadene Member Posts: 81 Arc User
      I want an option to turn off NPC popups, in general. I get livid at the bald fat man that won't shut his mouth in the Crystalline queue. Yes, I know what I'm doing. People are already fighting. Shut up. No, don't pop yourself back up because I closed your window too fast. SHUT. UP. God.