test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Borg C Store Ship Please.

croupboicroupboi Member Posts: 76 Arc User
As the title says I really want a playable Borg ship to go with my Borg character. Don't even mind paying for it through the c store. Just think this is long overdue seen as the cooperative are in game.
So cryptic and pwe please please please give us some playable Borg ships.

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    croupboi wrote: »
    As the title says I really want a playable Borg ship to go with my Borg character. Don't even mind paying for it through the c store. Just think this is long overdue seen as the cooperative are in game.

Not C-store, but in the lock box you can find various Tal Shiar ships which might tickle your fancy as a borg player.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Or just Borg up another ship
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
      croupboi wrote: »

1.) NO!
      2.) It's funny you think something that potentially OP would be in the C-store.
    • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
      Sorry the Enterprise J is bad enough. At least that has one of 3 original TOS costume parts. But a Borg Cube/Sphere/Diamond? Nerp. No Thank You.
      Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
      Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
    • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
      I want the R.O.P.S. (Ridiculously Over Powered Ship)
      LTS and loving it.
      Ariotex.png
      chiyoumiku wrote: »
      Sorry the Enterprise J is bad enough. At least that has one of 3 original TOS costume parts. But a Borg Cube/Sphere/Diamond? Nerp. No Thank You.

How about a borg probe. :pensive:

Should be about the strength of an Intrepid class vessel.
      This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
      Even as a Borg fan whose mains are all LibBorg, I hope to never see this happen, but IF we were to get actual Borg ships, I imagine they'll go in Lockboxes/Lobi Store.
      GrWzQke.png
      Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
      Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
      Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
      ----> Contact Customer Support <----
      Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
      Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
      Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
      Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
      arionisa wrote: »

R.O.P.S.? I don't think they exist.​​
      signature.png
      We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
      Even as a Borg fan whose mains are all LibBorg, I hope to never see this happen, but IF we were to get actual Borg ships, I imagine they'll go in Lockboxes/Lobi Store.

We couldn't imagine getting our hands on undine ships either and see what happened.
    • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
      giphy.gif
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
      Please let us hope that Cryptic continues to ignore these requests.
      Insert witty signature line here.
    • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
      That would probably be a pretty insane end of game reward, get a Borg Ship and then the game closes because all the people are playing is the NEW meta of BORG. >.>
      The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
    • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
      Dibs on one of those cute liberated Borg spheres. :)
      3lsZz0w.jpg
    • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
      I'll take a Borg Fusion Cube or a Borg Fusion Sphere... Though I never really seen a Borg Fusion Sphere, just made that one up... lol
      The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
    • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
      edited August 2017
      The only borg ship I can see in our hands will be in a promo box and will be the cooperative ship we saw with seven, the same one in the tng episode: descent

Ps. Cryptic if you see this, thank me later when the money comes flowing in ;)
    • byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
      I have to agree with the consensus on this. No. If you really must have that borg ship... get an APU, Breen anything, Husnock or even Miradorn. Slap Breen shields on those ships that aren't Breen and Assimilated on the ones that are and Assimilated everything else and tada! Borg ship! Fit plasma for the full effect. But aside from that, no. People complain about how the Vonph can fill your screen, imagine how much you won't see with a Cube in your face. You should learn to work with what you have instead of demand the unreasonable.
      oldracesbanner.jpg
    • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
      The Devs also have said at some point in the past that Borg ships would be difficult for players to maneuver due to not having a defined Front.

I know from experience as in Star Trek Legacy you can fly a cube in Skirmish mode, and I EASILY lost track of which way I was even facing!

IF, and I do stress the word if, we ever do get a playable one, it will either be a Probe, which is easier to tell which way your going, or the Type 3 which is the Descent ship.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
      bloodyriz wrote: »

As you wish.
      Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
      edited August 2017
      Make it an Uber LTS reward unlock.

First you need to buy the "regular" LTS. That unlocks the option to buy the "Uber" LTS package for an additional $600 that unlocks a Borg Probe which is the only perk for the Uber LTS.
    • killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
      meimeitoo wrote: »
      Dibs on one of those cute liberated Borg spheres. :)

Maybe a T5 Sphere similar to the mirror ships of old but just as rare if not rarer than the actual big ship in the lockbox and never goes to infinity.
    • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
      I could see it if they did it as a Cooperative ship, which was reduced in size to be more manageable size. While also if they implement a overlay on the shield visual that would indicate the forward facing area, though that would need to be visable at all times (though most that would want to use a Borg ship might not mind that). Though yeah I agree a Borg cube (normal or tactical cube) would just not work.
    • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
      bloodyriz wrote: »

Inconceivable!
    • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
      questerius wrote: »

We couldn't imagine getting our hands on undine ships either and see what happened.

Or Herald ships.

Somehow I fail to see why everyone here is so opposed to playable Borg craft. At least it makes sense for a liberated Borg to be able to control and fly one.

Undine or Herald ships on the other hand...
    • byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
      At least from my viewpoint the issue is size and facing. Most if not all ships you can tell which way it's facing and many are of reasonable size. The Borg ships not so much. They're all symmetrical making it difficult for anyone save the captain to know where it's facing, and given some ships have mechanics that rely on this it'd be an advantage for the Borg ship.

Further, the most iconic Borg ship is huge. Bigger even than the Vonph and I consider that borderline unflyable. The only other similarly sized and potentially statted ship is the Herald Iaiodon and that's not player flyable last I checked. Sure, the Cooperative ship could be seen as playable but you can be sure that give this to players they will invariably demand the rest of the Borg fleet. Better to not even start than to have to fight precedent.
      oldracesbanner.jpg
    • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
      borg ships dont need to be over powered... they can be pretty small too. 7of9 was in a ship with only a total of 9 drones... hence 7of9.

you can make a small vessel type with 3 fused weapons: 1 360 torpedo and 1 360 beam array and 1 360 cutting beam. so 3 weapons but the cutting beam isnt effect by beam abilities. Give it a built in borg tactor beam and make it a T1 ship. T1 ships have 3 weapons right?
    • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
      At least from my viewpoint the issue is size and facing. Most if not all ships you can tell which way it's facing and many are of reasonable size. The Borg ships not so much. They're all symmetrical making it difficult for anyone save the captain to know where it's facing, and given some ships have mechanics that rely on this it'd be an advantage for the Borg ship.

Further, the most iconic Borg ship is huge. Bigger even than the Vonph and I consider that borderline unflyable. The only other similarly sized and potentially statted ship is the Herald Iaiodon and that's not player flyable last I checked. Sure, the Cooperative ship could be seen as playable but you can be sure that give this to players they will invariably demand the rest of the Borg fleet. Better to not even start than to have to fight precedent.

All good points but what I was actually referring to, was the level and kind of technology.

Borg technology isn't all that alien to us anymore, and certainly not to a liberated Borg. Undine and Herald technology are supposed to be either incompatible or at the very least very difficult for us to control because it's all living matter, or beyond anything we understand in the case of the Heralds.

I find it sillier to have such (and perhaps also for example Voth) ships as playable ships than a Borg Cube, or a Sphere or Probe.
    • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
      I don't understand the issue with facing. The ships appear to rotate, yes, but having a rotating skin on your model shouldn't have anything to do with your actual facing. This isn't World of Warships where shell trajectory or hit location affects damage. Press the WASD buttons, set your throttle, go where you are looking, and there you are. The revolving ship image would be gfx and nothing more. Same as any ship skin, for that matter. In canon Borg ships appear to move without relationship to the ship's facing anyway.

Size is an issue. 10,000 drones are required to crew a cube, so that alone puts it off the table, but a Sphere is about the size of a Galaxy, the Octohedron appears to be a sphere with some struts, so about the size of a Scimitar. Probes and scout vessels are the size of BoPs.

What I propose is the ability to purchase three T6 Borg vessels, obtainable only via LTS, and only to Liberated Borg captains:
      Probe Tactical Raider
      Sphere Engineering Destroyer
      Octohedron Science Vessel

For the rest of us, well, we can always subscribe.