test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet QOL improvements for Season 14

winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps
Hey everyone,

I wanted to put a little list together of some very long awaited fleet quality of life improvements that many of us within the STO community have been asking for, for a very long time. I hope that @salamiinferno and @borticuscryptic will see this and possibly be able to add some of them to Season 14 since we now know that fleets are going to get some love with the release of Season 14.

1) Increasing the number of fleet ranks to 10 at minimum. This is something that would really help fleets and improve moral within all fleets. If players are being promoted more regularly it helps with moral. 7 fleet ranks is kinda low and in actual fact there are only 6 since in most fleets, nobody gets promoted to rank 7.

2) Provision Management. Ideally something similar to the level of management that is available within the "Fleet Bank" management system. i.e. Setting daily limits per rank, per holding per provision type.

3) Armada Mail System. This particular QOL improvement is more for larger communities within STO but would help by cutting down the number of mails that are sent out to players in larger communities. e.g. If I have a toon in fleets A and B and both fleet are part of the same community then I receive two mails. An Armada Mail System would stop this from happening.

4) Cross Faction Armadas. This one has been around since the Armada System was first introduced to the game. Most communities have at least 1 Federation Fleet and also 1 KDF Fleet. Many communities in STO would like the option to bring their KDF Fleets under the same flag as their Federation fleets.

5) Fleet Project Cost Discounts. This one is very badly needed! It has been a long, long time since the Dilithium Mine was introduced to the game and we have had many additional fleet holdings since then. The total costs for putting all projects on cooldown for a single day for a max level fleet in a mid level Armada are enormous. There are 2 major choke points and they are Doffs and Dilithium. The least amount of Doffs that are required for a single day are 474 Duty Officers. The total amount of Dilithium that is required for a single days worth of projects is 432,000 Dilithium. It's actually funny to note that if the fleet is not max level, then these numbers go up in most cases.

6) Increasing the number of "Fleet Bank Repositories" to 10 at minimum. This isn't a very important one but given the wide range of gear that is available in STO the 8 that are currently available doesn't really cut it. Increasing this number would help to include a wider range of gear in fleet banks for members.

That's all that I have for now. As I have said already, many of these things have been asked for by many, many members of the STO community. Steven and Jeremy, if you guys do get to read this and you find that any of these are just not possible for whatever reason please feel free to say so. I know for myself and many others, some official acknowledgement would be fantastic. Anyway, keep up the great work guys and to everyone else. If you can think of anything else to add to the list that I have not included please feel free to post too. :)
Twitter: @P1Winters83 YouTube: WintersGaming
=/\= ========================================== =/\=
Fleet Admiral Winters - Priority One Armada
U.S.S. Wolverine - NCC 831216
=/\= ========================================== =/\=
Armada Leader // Executive Producer // Host // Priority One Podcast

Comments

• mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    For me, I'd like to see something done that allows more fleet marks to be dumped by players in max level fleets/armadas. Be this opening up a further optional project track that can only slot the 2K fleet mark dump project (or even a bigger one) and/or increasing the amount of marks that need to be dumped into max level fleet projects.

I'm not sure what its like in other fleets, but it feels like all the projects in our fleet are now pretty much stalled out waiting for dilithium input these days which people have other uses for, which when you've got so thousands of provisions anyway seems to add very little value. I guess we could slot the xp projects to avoid the dilithium cost, but these projects seem equally pointless given the fleet gets nothing back for them at T5 and the number of doffs they need would become a major bottleneck especially given how slow doff shredding is or how many fleet credits it would cost to buy fleet doffs to fill the project.
  • kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    mattaukett wrote: »
    For me, I'd like to see something done that allows more fleet marks to be dumped by players in max level fleets/armadas. Be this opening up a further optional project track that can only slot the 2K fleet mark dump project (or even a bigger one) and/or increasing the amount of marks that need to be dumped into max level fleet projects.

I'm not sure what its like in other fleets, but it feels like all the projects in our fleet are now pretty much stalled out waiting for dilithium input these days which people have other uses for, which when you've got so thousands of provisions anyway seems to add very little value. I guess we could slot the xp projects to avoid the dilithium cost, but these projects seem equally pointless given the fleet gets nothing back for them at T5 and the number of doffs they need would become a major bottleneck especially given how slow doff shredding is or how many fleet credits it would cost to buy fleet doffs to fill the project.

I'm not sure I knew you could spend FC to obtain common DOFF for fleet projects and not sure I would want too either. Where do you do this at? I have always just gotten common DOFF off the exchange for like 10-20K EC each, and now I just do those personnel assignments from the academy or fleet starbase...most of the time they award common but a few times they give green or blue, and I may have even gotten purple once.