test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More Klingon Diversity Please

thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
With the appearance of canon Klingons like Rodek and Martok, they have also brought with them canon accurate forehead ridges. Personally I think it's time we start to see these types of forehead ridges added to the tailor. As of right now there are only a handful of ridge designs available in the tailor I like and I think it would be neat to finally add more to the game. Not just the new ones from Rodek and Martok, but others like the TMP Klingon, Generations Klingon, or some of the various TUC Klingons like Gorkon, Chang or Worf.

The Klingons are a very diverse people and soon they will be even more diverse when STO inevitably introduces the Discovery Klingons and I just wish we could see more of that diversity in game. I would love to customize my Bridge Officers so they look like they're from different Houses and what not. It would also be great to see some Klingon NPCs get updates too, so that any new designs added by Cryptic could be seen more often. Spread it around so it looks natural. While they're at it, the TOS style Gorn was added to the game and it would be neat to see that style and the STO style both walking around Qo'noS instead of just the one style.

Perhaps this is something they could look into if/when they give the Klingon Campaign a remaster? Just a thought, because I would personally like to see more designs in the future.
Post edited by thomaselkins on

Comments

• sisko09sisko09 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I would also like to see updated klingon hair styles, considering Kurn And Martok have some really nice hair i'd like to use on my klingons
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    With the appearance of canon Klingons like Rodek and Martok, they have also brought with them canon accurate forehead ridges. Personally I think it's time we start to see these types of forehead ridges added to the tailor. As of right now there are only a handful of ridge designs available in the tailor I like and I think it would be neat to finally add more to the game. Not just the new ones from Rodek and Martok, but others like the TMP Klingon, Generations Klingon, or some of the various TUC Klingons like Gorkon, Chang or Worf.

The Klingons are a very diverse people and soon they will be even more diverse when STO inevitably introduces the Discovery Klingons and I just wish we could see more of that diversity in game. I would love to customize my Bridge Officers so they look like they're from different Houses and what not. It would also be great to see some Klingon NPCs get updates too, so that any new designs added by Cryptic could be seen more often. Spread it around so it looks natural. While they're at it, the TOS style Gorn was added to the game and it would be neat to see that style and the STO style both walking around Qo'noS instead of just the one style.

Perhaps this is something they could look into if/when they give the Klingon Campaign a remaster? Just a thought, because I would personally like to see more designs in the future.

I truly and honestly hope they DO NOT bring that Neu Klingon TRIBBLE here.
  • thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    I truly and honestly hope they DO NOT bring that Neu Klingon **** here.

Prepair to be disappointed.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    sisko09 wrote: »
    I would also like to see updated klingon hair styles, considering Kurn And Martok have some really nice hair i'd like to use on my klingons

Plus I would not mind Miral Paris' hair to use as well, and she herself is 1/2 Klingon.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    YES! YES! YES!

More forehead ridge options for sure.

More hairstyles have been needed for Klingons for awhile now. I'd love to have access to the Martok and Rodek hairstyles, even Worf's in-game hairstyle would be welcome. I'd also love to see Worf's ponytail hairstyle from TNG/DS9 added to the game.

I also love that one-eyed look that Martok has. It would be great to add that with right or left options. Along those lines, more scar options would be great, too.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Yes, yes, yes. More forehead ridge styles and hairstyles and scars/one-eye options without needing the eyepatch.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Ahem Star Trek Discovery.
    lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg
  • roguegamer23roguegamer23 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Isn't the discovery Klingon the same as the j j Abrams Klingon, My Klingon currently has something similar to those two.
    I truly and honestly hope they DO NOT bring that Neu Klingon **** here.

Prepair to be disappointed.
    Isn't the discovery Klingon the same as the j j Abrams Klingon, My Klingon currently has something similar to those two.

Yes sadly that thinly disgused KT garbage is going to get in the game. Just shows how little CBS cares about well established TOS timeline canon. It wouldn't bug me if from day one CBS had said "The events in TRIBBLE take place 10 years before the events in the KT timeline. " but they have kept saying "The events in TRIBBLE take place 10 years before the events in the TOS." . In CBS's own words lie the roots of why a vast majority of Star Trek fans have issues with TRIBBLE.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    asking for something for anyone but the federation? are you new here? :D

Seriously tho, yes please to more hair and ridges for klinks

and some hair options that dont suck balls for my caitians/ferasan while yer at it maybe?
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Yes, please!!! :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    TRIBBLE looks to be a epic fail, sadly
    TRIBBLE looks to be a epic fail, sadly
    If it does the fail it lies 100% on CBS no one else. They were given the oppertunity of the century to craft a new epic series and have instead spat on the TOS timeline canon. And don't give me that BS how it shouldn't look like the 60's the look for the era is well known thanks to Enterprise love it or hate it Doug Drexler, The Okudas and the rest made it feel looks wise that it was before TOS even though there were modern looking controls and such. I will watch the pilot but thats it. CBSall access has nothing else to offer that my wife and I are even remotely interested in.

• jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Definitelly would be nice to see. :smile:
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

Oh yes, their hair would also be great to see added. Actually I would like to see a bunch of TUC Klingon stuff added to the game, like their uniforms. TUC is my favorite Star Trek film and they should continue to borrow stuff from it post-TUC Lockbox.
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    I would love to see the option for the new Klingon head ridges. I find it ironic that in a thread about Klingon diversity people don't want discovery's klingons in the game.....yeah total irony there. So look at it like this. If they bring it to this game, and you don't like the new klingons, don't use them. There I sovled a problem. Also we need more hair styles o.o
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    I would love to see the option for the new Klingon head ridges. I find it ironic that in a thread about Klingon diversity people don't want discovery's klingons in the game.....yeah total irony there. So look at it like this. If they bring it to this game, and you don't like the new klingons, don't use them. There I sovled a problem. Also we need more hair styles o.o
    Well, Star Trek: Discovery Klingons are bald for physiological reasons. I doubt they will add more hairstyles. They will show more "ridge" styles. Also, each of the 24 Great Houses in Star Trek: Discovery will have different clothes and accessories to reflect the philosophical differences between them. They should be a great source of different Klingon apparel.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Well, Star Trek: Discovery Klingons are bald for physiological reasons. I doubt they will add more hairstyles. They will show more "ridge" styles. Also, each of the 24 Great Houses in Star Trek: Discovery will have different clothes and accessories to reflect the philosophical differences between them. They should be a great source of different Klingon apparel.

assuming we actually see more then one or two of them. personally I wouldn't use what we've seenon a klingon, a kdf alien maybe but not a klingon... then again my kdf kelvin timeline character is a joined trill.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    assuming we actually see more then one or two of them.
    I'm assuming you mean "more than one or two Klingons on Star Trek: Discovery?

The first season revolves around the Klingon-Federation war with some focus on the strife between the Great Houses of the Klingon Empire. The writers, showrunners and actors all seemed really enthusiastic about sharing their designs for the different Great Houses. I don't know if we will see all 24 Great Houses, but the crew behind Star Trek: Discovery definitely want to show us more than one. Most assuredly we will see more than one or two Klingons.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    If it does the fail it lies 100% on CBS no one else.

actually we get to blame JJ for this too :) Its being done with bad robot and paramount's license so it literally and legally cannot look like any TV Trek.... the fact that they cant even get along well enough to make money is just its own separate level of epic fail
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    Its being done with bad robot and paramount's license

no, it isn't; that TRIBBLE has been repeatedly disproven

stop spreading false information​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    What?! There are Klingons in the KDF?! :o I thought it was just an Orion female sorority! :D

no, it isn't; that **** has been repeatedly disproven

That's the sad part. It means CBS is willingly changing everything simply because they can, canon be damned. Personally I don't hate the new Klingons and would gladly add one to my Bridge crew. What I don't like is CBS retconning ALL the Klingons. Instead they should just be a never before seen version of Klingons that coexists with the others. I would accept that.

• themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    sisko09 wrote: »

Plus I would not mind Miral Paris' hair to use as well, and she herself is 1/2 Klingon.

Miral is 1/4 Klingon. B'Ellana is 1/2 Klingon, 1/2 human, and Tom is full human.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    Let's not turn this into ANOTHER Discovery debate thread, please. :confounded:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Would be nice to have the human/klingon hybrid ridges from TNG and Romulan/klingon hybrid look from TNG's birthright
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator

That's the sad part. It means CBS is willingly changing everything simply because they can, canon be damned. Personally I don't hate the new Klingons and would gladly add one to my Bridge crew. What I don't like is CBS retconning ALL the Klingons. Instead they should just be a never before seen version of Klingons that coexists with the others. I would accept that.

You're assuming the Augment Virus affected the ENTIRE Klingon species. We don't know how widespread the Virus was. It is possible that there were pockets of unaffected Klingons, or that it was only a fraction of the total population that was affected.

Did the Virus make it all the way to Qo'nos and the core worlds of the Empire? How about to the opposite side from what would become Federation space?

For sake of argument, using the Kelvin Timeline that split off in 2233 (As we have had NO ON SCREEN evidence of it being a pure parallel timeline from before 2233) we've seen Klingons on Qo'nos with ridges in Into Darkness, which implies that the Augment Virus did NOT make it to Qo'nos.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
      rattler2 wrote: »

You're assuming the Augment Virus affected the ENTIRE Klingon species. We don't know how widespread the Virus was. It is possible that there were pockets of unaffected Klingons, or that it was only a fraction of the total population that was affected.

Did the Virus make it all the way to Qo'nos and the core worlds of the Empire? How about to the opposite side from what would become Federation space?

For sake of argument, using the Kelvin Timeline that split off in 2233 (As we have had NO ON SCREEN evidence of it being a pure parallel timeline from before 2233) we've seen Klingons on Qo'nos with ridges in Into Darkness, which implies that the Augment Virus did NOT make it to Qo'nos.

No I'm not, because I never mentioned TOS Klingons. The Discovery Klingons violate canon because they're all bald with blueberry skin, elongated skulls and four nostrills. I know the augment viris didn't infect the entire Empire, but the DSC Klingons are different from any Klingon we've seen before. If they established they were a different breed of Klingon and TMP, TNG, DS9 Klingons and so forth coexisted with them, then I wouldn't complain. So far however, it appears they just straight up retconned the Klingons.
    • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
      Again an assumption. We've only seen a few Klingons from one particular House. Their appearance could be explained as some kind of sub-cultural thing like how some ancient cultures here on Earth would use boards to elongate the skulls of children to be closer to their gods. And the "4 nostrils" thing could again be cultural deformation. From what LITTLE we've seen, the primary antagonists are part of a more ritualistic Klingon House. In essence... one tribe out of many.

Instead of crying foul and "violating canon" we should wait until the show airs to learn more rather than just go off a few trailers.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)