test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Device expertise.

aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
Does anyone know what this skill affects or know of a list for all the things it does affect. I'm trying to decide between it and willpower.

I'm currently using gambling device, shard of possibilities, Triolic pattern enhancer, and ophidian cane.. does it affect any of these. If it does affect them what does it do and how much. The power descriptions doesn't say it affects them but I'm uncertain as I just repeced and I don't know if that effects it.

Trying to see what this could do for other things also. I may replace gambling device in winter with the speed boots or something for instance.. Looking to future proof my skill choice as much as possible. I'm also assuming this only affects ground devices and not space devices.

I looked for this on google but didn't find it. It did not bring up anything from the wiki which is odd.

Answers

• Options
    alcaatrazalcaatraz Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    aftulus wrote: »
    Does anyone know what this skill affects or know of a list for all the things it does affect. I'm trying to decide between it and willpower.

I'm currently using gambling device, shard of possibilities, Triolic pattern enhancer, and ophidian cane.. does it affect any of these. If it does affect them what does it do and how much. The power descriptions doesn't say it affects them but I'm uncertain as I just repeced and I don't know if that effects it.

Trying to see what this could do for other things also. I may replace gambling device in winter with the speed boots or something for instance.. Looking to future proof my skill choice as much as possible. I'm also assuming this only affects ground devices and not space devices.

I looked for this on google but didn't find it. It did not bring up anything from the wiki which is odd.

Device Expertise should affect all devices (outside of a few which don't scale, like [Shard of Possibilities] and [Paradox Corrector]).

What it does is increase the effect of a device by 50%, so something like the Large Kit Overboaster which adds +25 Kit Expertise will become:
    25*(1+0.5) = 37.5

A +37.5 Kit Expertise boost.

Similarly a Medium Power cell will move from +20% All Energy Weapon Damage to +30% All Energy weapon Damage
    20%*(1+0.5) = 30%
    --- @alcaatraz || I make tanks and do maths stuffs ---
    "I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul."