test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sompek Event Next Week?

lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
captainmd10 pointed out last week that there is a Sompek event shown in the calendar for next week and it's still there. Are we actually getting an event or was someone supposed to change/remove it from the calendar and they just forgot?
Hmm, Sompek Arena coming back this month. That was certainly fun to play, but the event calendar shows this as a 3 week event instead of a weekend event like last time. Is that intentional or is Sompek a placeholder?
Q9BWcdD.png
Tagged:

Comments

• chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    I know that the Console players are getting Mirror Invasion event (Jealous, yes know we had one already before SRisa), but they don't usually do placeholders on the calandar....we'll have to wait and see.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Yea... adopting a wait and see approach.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well a few months ago there was an Elachi Weekend Event on the Calendar that got pulled before it happened.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Well... if Sompek is coming back... I got a Romulan Engie with a Drone Master Kit ready to go.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Well... if Sompek is coming back... I got a Romulan Engie with a Drone Master Kit ready to go.

Drone warfare is my engies thing too... 3x support (doffed with wide beam trait), explosive drone, the new stasis drone, seeker drone, methusula and echo papa..then if I really want to show off, a combat exocomp and shard of possibilities

All the while my engie is loosing shots off from his boolean or tholian rad cannon (dot on demand with temp rep...)

Engies are masters of force multiplication, more so than tacs with their security team (if only you could have a hangar style control for them though..) but when they all target the same mob with a boolean charge lancing through the air too, things die fast (insert image of an IG squad and their flashlights versus a space marine here)
    burstorion wrote: »

Drone warfare is my engies thing too... 3x support (doffed with wide beam trait), explosive drone, the new stasis drone, seeker drone, methusula and echo papa..then if I really want to show off, a combat exocomp and shard of possibilities

All the while my engie is loosing shots off from his boolean or tholian rad cannon (dot on demand with temp rep...)

Engies are masters of force multiplication, more so than tacs with their security team (if only you could have a hangar style control for them though..) but when they all target the same mob with a boolean charge lancing through the air too, things die fast (insert image of an IG squad and their flashlights versus a space marine here)

Lets see... I don't have the Drone trait, but I do have Support Drone, Seeker Drone, Vaadwaur Anchor Drone, Nomad Support Drone, Metheusula Drone, and Explosive Drone slotted now. I do have the Lukari Rep drone, the Son'a Stasis Drone, and the Echo Papa in my inventory.
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    Overall, I liked Sompek the first time. The only thing that was giving me problems were holds followed by lightning strikes. What I didn't really like was how long it took to get to the higher levels. I wanted to get the accolades on all my main characters but one mission could last a long time if the team was good.

Lets see... I don't have the Drone trait, but I do have Support Drone, Seeker Drone, Vaadwaur Anchor Drone, Nomad Support Drone, Metheusula Drone, and Explosive Drone slotted now. I do have the Lukari Rep drone, the Son'a Stasis Drone, and the Echo Papa in my inventory.

Ah, you're a support type... I go all out offensive - It might be worth swapping the Seeker for the stasis drone or Echo Papa though - Both are superior to Seeker and have useful niches such as the stasis drone, who does radiation and electrical (few mobs have strong resistances to either and I think it ignores shields ) and the stasis function while the Echo Papa is what I'd term a reactionary bodyguard - depending on the threat level, it adjusts to face it and with its long life (that incorporates its cd); its an ideal constant guardian

With both the vaad anchor and the stasis, you have a rather effective control option - as to the trait, its a rather cheap exchange trait, so its pretty useful as three wide beams when you get all the support drones spawned does make a difference in firepower

• lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Another vote for the Sona drone but remember the stasis is fragile so go easy on those AoE attacks. The EP drones still stop you from sprinting so tactical retreats can be difficult.
    Q9BWcdD.png
    lopequil wrote: »
    Another vote for the Sona drone but remember the stasis is fragile so go easy on those AoE attacks. The EP drones still stop you from sprinting so tactical retreats can be difficult.

Hence why I go all out offensive - that way you don't need to run :D ... I'm still hoping the run issue is just a bug yet to be squashed but if not... how about making EP a toggle so you can kill it when you need to run devs? Currently, I use it when I'm in an area I know I won't be moving far from; like a far more mobile turret
    To be clear, you can't run with the EP drone module equipped. It doesn't matter if you use it or not!
    Q9BWcdD.png
    To be clear, you can't run with the EP drone module equipped. It doesn't matter if you use it or not!

Really? I'd swear blind I run when EP is off... Pity, looks like I might have to go to one of my fallback combat drones such as tripwire (boy is that fun on Miner elite, knocking over every rom like skittles)
    I'm still experimenting with my Drone Master Kit. I DO have the trait that buffs all construct HP, which includes drones.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    its gonna be ugly if its a whole big 20 day grind thing

even on the one weekend you'd always get groups that wouldnt quit after getting the daily and it was a huge bummer
    Maybe they will introduce a "Normal" and "Challenge" que. One that is designed to run for 10-15 min; the other has no limit.
    Sompek was only a weekend long. Thursday-Sunday.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    I don't care how long they run it for as long as the reward is still an account unlock.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    its gonna be ugly if its a whole big 20 day grind thing

even on the one weekend you'd always get groups that wouldnt quit after getting the daily and it was a huge bummer
    Maybe they will introduce a "Normal" and "Challenge" que. One that is designed to run for 10-15 min; the other has no limit.
    Like they did on the Kobayashi, a time-limited version for people who just want the daily fast and an unlimited version for accolade hunters. Would be nice.

And then for the forums, whine threads about people joining the wrong one. B)
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User

You can sprint with the EP drone slotted or after its despawned and on cooldown. The sprint lock only occurs when its active.

Always been that way for me on various characters that have the drone equipped otherwise I'd have tried it out and sold any and all spares.
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User

I've been leveling a new engie (up to lvl 30 atm) and I'm loving Holographic Deceiver. The entire mob firing at a tough hologram while I cut them down? Yes please. It has a short cooldown too. Hopefully it keeps working just as well at end game. I could see it being a good tool for Sompek... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Don't forget the problems with Mines last time. Avoid them to avoid slowdowns in the jump to the next level.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    Ah, Sompek. I ran that last time. Right after is when they rolled back my account due to that missing gear glitch. I lost the Lightning Module because of that.
    djf021 wrote: »

I've been leveling a new engie (up to lvl 30 atm) and I'm loving Holographic Deceiver. The entire mob firing at a tough hologram while I cut them down? Yes please. It has a short cooldown too. Hopefully it keeps working just as well at end game. I could see it being a good tool for Sompek... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It does and on a tac melee its quite fun, using the Deciever then the point fold transport module to teleport behind a mob for melee with few shooting at you

• mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't a Sompek event but a placeholder for something else. We know that it's been said that there was another new event queue in the works but wasn't quite ready for Season 13, so I wonder if it is this. We also know Mine Trap was taken out ages ago to be reworked (although same was said of Terradrome and that has never reappeared), so I wonder if this event will be the reworked Mine Trap event?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Don't forget the problems with Mines last time. Avoid them to avoid slowdowns in the jump to the next level.
    can't you force the mines to despawn by de-equipping the kit module?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    mattaukett wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't a Sompek event but a placeholder for something else. We know that it's been said that there was another new event queue in the works but wasn't quite ready for Season 13, so I wonder if it is this. We also know Mine Trap was taken out ages ago to be reworked (although same was said of Terradrome and that has never reappeared), so I wonder if this event will be the reworked Mine Trap event?

I don't think so... we've got 3 non seasonal large events. Crystalline, Mirror, and Breach. I think we usually have one of those closer to October though, and we already had Mirror and Breach earlier in the year. Sompek was only a weekend event, like Kobayashi Maru.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well a few months ago there was an Elachi Weekend Event on the Calendar that got pulled before it happened.

That's such an Elachi thing to do. :p
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    We have had crystalline in August 2015 and May of last year. Since we had mirror in may this year I'm having a slight hope for crystalline this month.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

All this time and still no official word.
    Q9BWcdD.png
    We have had crystalline in August 2015 and May of last year. Since we had mirror in may this year I'm having a slight hope for crystalline this month.

Yea... we're due for a Crystalline this year. But I still think its usually a bit closer to October... guess we'll find out.