test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Key Ring Bundle!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
PC Captains can save on a block of 20 Master Keys this weekend!

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10599244

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Would gave been better going along with a Key Sale.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

I agree. I'm always interested in a better bargain opportunity, but this single upgrade doesn't compel me. It definitely does seem lately that Cryptic is tossing some sort of Key Sale about every other week. I'd be more interested if they varied their sales up a bit. As always though, it's a better time to buy keys if you want to sell them on Exchange &/or use them to gamble so good luck to those that do so!

• lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I'd much rather they just drop their prices permanently across the C-store than all this sale nonsense every other week. It makes them look desperate to grab our attention.
    SulMatuul.png
  • tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    I like a good sale as much as anyone else, but three weeks out of four shilling keys is getting a bit much. Cryptic, maybe give it a rest?
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »

I agree. I'm always interested in a better bargain opportunity, but this single upgrade doesn't compel me. It definitely does seem lately that Cryptic is tossing some sort of Key Sale about every other week. I'd be more interested if they varied their sales up a bit. As always though, it's a better time to buy keys if you want to sell them on Exchange &/or use them to gamble so good luck to those that do so!

Varying sales would be nice indeed.

What I would appreciate even more: new C-store items. Instead of promoting the same services and items again, why not release something new?
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    So, a key sale. Followed by an extension of that sale. Followed by a one-day-only key sale. Followed by a key ring bundle sale.

Yeah, if you want people to buy keys that badly, just lower the prices of them permanently. That's how the rest of us do it on the Exchange, maybe Cryptic should too.

Sounds like I'm not the only one getting key sale fatigue.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It's almost like, 'So, you just got a bunch of Phoenix Upgrades, but even with that and an Upgrade Event, it still took a load of Upgrades to get that Mk XIV Epic, so here try this instant Gold'. :)

Yeah maybe 50 Lobi per Key would spur purchases. Also a very tiny chance of picking them up as a loot drop. I know LOTRO does that, and they even have an Event where there is an increased chance of getting Keys.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    this device, event, thing is the device, event, thing that is the very very least appealing device, event, thing, released by cryptic in my 6 years of this game.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    I'd much rather they just drop their prices permanently across the C-store than all this sale nonsense every other week. It makes them look desperate to grab our money.

Fixed that for you! :D
  • devoncustarddevoncustard Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    I'd much rather they just drop their prices permanently across the C-store than all this sale nonsense every other week. It makes them look desperate to grab our attention.

Dont you mean "grab our money"
  • rdellaripa23rdellaripa23 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    So ambassadorkael where did this go? The announcement said it was until the 17th, but it seems to be gone from the C-Store as of sometime today.
  • satanachasatanacha Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I saved on a block of master keys, did not buy any. Have reached the end of putting money into this game.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Appears to have gone from the C-store early anyway.
    Nicely done Cryptic, can you not either a) get your events to work properly or, b) get your blogs written properly.

It all seems a bit amateurish these days, come on guys.
    SulMatuul.png
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    How are we saving when its the same price as two 10 packs? Seems its just a promo offer, no savings.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    did you look at the special tech thigny?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    How are we saving when its the same price as two 10 packs? Seems its just a promo offer, no savings.

Correct, Cryptic doesn't have it on sale this time which it has been before so this time it is just a promotional including the 1 upgrade.