test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it possible ?

Could it be possible for the DEV team to create laws of physics ?
Let me try to explain...

In some PC games they told you more then once to clear a asteroid belt before going to warp, or dog fighting in a asteroid field could be fun but also you need a certain skill because if the other ship explode you really want to get the hell out the belt. because the shock wave triggered by the explosion of the ship will trow every asteroid your way. So there more things like this we call it laws of physics I know it's just a game but it would make it a bit more trek....
What as a player would you like about this if they would implement this into the game ??
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."

Comments

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Real physics don't necessarily translate well to game mechanics. In-game, for instance, cannon fire curves towards your foe: that's not realistic per se, but simply works as a mechanic. Unless you're building a flight simulator for real pilots or something, there's no good reason to do real physics, and they often get in the way of a joyful playing experience. A 'suspension of disbelief' more than suffices, IMHO.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Well, one example of "laws of physics" is the Black Hole Tzengethi queue.

Get too close, you get sucked in. Which is a pretty neat game mechanic !

Was also thinking time/relativity could be interesting, but kind of impossible to do in a video game...
    Like for example, if you got too close to the black hole... by the time you finish the mission, its like 300 years in the future when you finally warp back out to sector space...
    *Insert Interstellar OST here*

:hushed:
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    miciocicciomiciociccio Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    Could it be possible for the DEV team to create laws of physics ?
    Let me try to explain...

In some PC games they told you more then once to clear a asteroid belt before going to warp, or dog fighting in a asteroid field could be fun but also you need a certain skill because if the other ship explode you really want to get the hell out the belt. because the shock wave triggered by the explosion of the ship will trow every asteroid your way. So there more things like this we call it laws of physics I know it's just a game but it would make it a bit more trek....
    What as a player would you like about this if they would implement this into the game ??

Seen anyway you can crash into an asteroid at full speed and nothing happen will be kinda useless imo (beside nothing move at all , check the lukari first mission, stop near those comets and enjoy being immobile but always near a superfast running comet) ;P

Also yes, it's fun to see those cannons shoots track the enemy's, as it's funny that ALL (but mines that you lay around) weapons in the game got the exact same range.

But hey, that's just a chinese grindfest mmorpg (once you finished all storylines that dont really take long) with a star trek skin, if you wanna something more "realistic" gotta check elsewhere (actually playing this made me take out from the dust the dvd of X3 ;P).