test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck in Tutorial

goldenavarielgoldenavariel Member Posts: 110 Arc User
My wife created a new Fed character and wanted to replay the tutorial. All went well until she gets to the bridge in the training cruise. The captain tells her to take a seat and the mission objective changes to "sit in the first officer's chair". The chair icon appears when you hover the mouse over the chair but no position you take and no amount of clicking, will actually force the character to sit. Standing on the chair and doing the sit_chair emote doesn't work either.

Normally we'd abort mission and try again like every other time weird problems occur (like once every week or 2) but being in the tutorial, that isn't an option. She's already tried exiting (for hours, not just 15 minutes) and going back in, no improvement.

My wife is tempted to just delete the character and start over but skip the tutorial. I know she wants to run it though so that seems like a sad solution. I showed her how to file a bug report under the Request GM assistance/Stuck but I have no idea if anyone will respond.

Anyone else seen this problem and if so did you figure out a way to progress?
Tagged:

Comments

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Hmmmm.... This was a common bug that affected a lot of players, including myself, when the Agents of Yesterday expansion was released. However, it has been fixed since then... I suppose it broke again. I recommend your wife simply deletes the character and start again; if your wife has never played a 23rd Century captain before on her account, then there is no way to skip the tutorial.

When I had this problem I simply deleted my character and tried again the next day. I had no problems with the mission the second time around and I was able to do all the tutorial missions without further incidents. However, when creating a new character I had no option to create a male Vulcan (like my 1st AoY character)... I didn't want to waste anymore time so I simply created a female Vulcan (this time black instead of caucasian). It seemed no else had that restricted gender issue.
  • cptjaneway2011cptjaneway2011 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    My wife created a new Fed character and wanted to replay the tutorial. All went well until she gets to the bridge in the training cruise. The captain tells her to take a seat and the mission objective changes to "sit in the first officer's chair". The chair icon appears when you hover the mouse over the chair but no position you take and no amount of clicking, will actually force the character to sit. Standing on the chair and doing the sit_chair emote doesn't work either.

Normally we'd abort mission and try again like every other time weird problems occur (like once every week or 2) but being in the tutorial, that isn't an option. She's already tried exiting (for hours, not just 15 minutes) and going back in, no improvement.

My wife is tempted to just delete the character and start over but skip the tutorial. I know she wants to run it though so that seems like a sad solution. I showed her how to file a bug report under the Request GM assistance/Stuck but I have no idea if anyone will respond.

Anyone else seen this problem and if so did you figure out a way to progress?

i had a similar issue on PS4 last night. the part where it tells you to get the rifles from the locker and you have to clean the klingons. i got to 74% clear and no more klingons showed up. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to have more transporting in on the transporter pad but it never happens. just stuck
  • trv13trv13 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I encountered the Klingon clear to 74% issue. I managed to get by it by switching characters then switching back, which forced the tutorial to reload. The klingons I needed to kill respawned, some parts of the map were a little bugged out, like the forcefield to space was gone. However I was able to kill the klingons and continue.
  • goldenavarielgoldenavariel Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    My wife gave up, deleted the character, and started over but skipping the tutorial this time. Pretty sad state of affairs to have killer bugs in your tutorial.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    As someone already state, that bug was present at launch, got fixed and came back. Deleting the character and starting another, even one exactly the same, almost always worked. I went LTS and gained a lot of toon slots just before AoY launched, created a number of new AoY toons, and about half of them encountered the bug. Delete, start a new toon exactly the same, try again, bingo ! ! ! A couple of them took more than two tries but they all made it.

Being new content, I wanted to play through the tutorial with each one, if I were to make an AoY toon today, I'd probably skip it.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png