test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Build help. does this bonus exist?

aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
edited July 2017 in The Shipyard
I'm working on this build: Wizluu Fleet Jupiter

I have krenim and other bonuses to recharge etc. But I'm trying to see if there is an excactly 8% bonus hiding in the game somehwere I haven't found.

I currently have:
Tac: 20(Readiness)+10(Krenim)+22(4+7.5+7.5(BioGelPack+DefDroneGaurds+ChronCapArrays))=52.

30/1.52=19.79 recharge. If it hits the -5 proc or the 20% reduction it will be at 15 seconds.. 19.79*0.8=15.79. It fits the 8 second grav torp but it's cutting it a little close. And both are potentially unreliable and annoying to keep track of.

But, if there was an 8% recharge bonus it would be 30/1.6=18.75*0.8=15<-maxcd reduction. then both of those will get closer to max and give a split second more to click before missing a torp...

So, what I'm wondering is if there is an 8% bonus somewhere to go with the 2 consoles and the trait(22%) That would even out all the calculations and give it exactly the amount for max trait reduction in a reliable manner. I've been looking but I haven't found one so far.

This seems like it could be a nice alternative to using Photonic officer or other methods. It would be potentially convenient if one existed.

To reiterate I'm looking to see if there is an exact 8% bonus to recharge somewhere that fits the 3 bonuses I've found so far from console/trait or similar(ChronoCapaciterArray,BionueralGelPack,DefenseDroneGuardians). This would make this group of bonuses exactly 30% and make using them help get calculations to exact CD limits.. So, I'm trying to find out if this exact bonus exists in game and I haven't found it, it's rare and few know about it, or maybe if it will exist in the future?!

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    I don't think there's anything usable for you that's a passive, but try poking around on the Cooldown Reduction Calculator (from Eph289 on the STObuilds Reddit) Google Doc Sheet (copy to your own Google Drive to edit).
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Only 1 Krenim? You build link states all your boffs are Krenim so..wouldnt your (Krenim) stat be +30
    The Bio neural gel pack is..what 7% in game.

So wouldn't these numbers be more like : I currently have:
    Tac: 20(Readiness)+30 (Krenim)+22(7+7.5+7.5(BioGelPack+DefDroneGaurds+ChronCapArrays))=62.
    ^
    Science Readiness reduces Sci cooldowns ..which is what your interested in.

Anywho..If you had points in Scientific readiness that might make up the difference your looking for..Or if you had the Krenim Event ship console (Timeline Stabilizer)..

The Prevailing Fortified Engine is a 10% reduction when Activating Heal or Shield Heal Ability

The Maco Space set 2 Piece is a 5% reduction..

The Advanced Tdi Torpedo has a 33% chance to proc..vs 2.5% on the Advanced TDI beam

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• culver5522culver5522 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I'm looking for some STO players to start a fleet with anyone wanna join if so add my PSN LtLee
    edited July 2017
    aftulus wrote: »
    ***It may optionally be very useful to switch the grav torp to temporal torp(which also uses mines) and switch to cannons. I'm uncertain if the info on the wiki saying cycle time is faster for cannons for the -5sec procs is up to date.

Honestly I dont know if the cycle time is faster on cannons vs Beams..The procs for energy weapon are per cycle these days and I haven't heard any advantages over 1 energy weapon type vs another.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    That is for tac. I only use 1 tac officer so only 10% from krenims.

I don't need the extra cap because of the duplicate cooldown limit. Or I would be maxing science until Grav well was 15 or 20. 8) It's only 40 so it's finished with 50% CD recarge. I'm mostly getting destabilizing and other skills with science.

I was using the torp skill reduction to science but removed it. I could put it back on if needed. It might help with destabilizing resonance beam.

I have:

Sci: 30(Krenim)+22(CCA+DDG+BGP)=1.52
    -> +10 Exotics = 1.62
    -> 20% reduction/30seconds= x*0.8. (1.52*0.8=1.9, 1.62*0.9=2.025)
    -> -5s proc Temp beam... If it procs.

Tac: 20(skills)+10(Krenim)+22(CCA+DDG+BPG)=1.52
    -> 20% reduction/30seconds= x*0.8. (1.52/0.8=1.9)
    -> -5s proc Temp beam... If it procs.

Intel: 22(CCA_DDG_BPG)=1.22
    -> -5% per intel skill proc= x*0.95
    -> 20% reduction/30seconds= x*0.8 (1.22/0.8=1.525)
    -> +10(Krenim, only if engineering goes towards intel as well as engineering. I'm assuming not.)

BaseCD/Casting limits(total reduction):
    Science:
    DestResB: 90/30 seconds (300%)(2.25 for 40 seconds)
    Grav Well: 60/40 seconds (50%)
    HazEmitt: 45/30 seconds (50%)
    PolarHull: 45/30 seconds (50%)

to be continued.

either way. I only need so much for science. It is covered without the 20 from readiness. The main skill is grav well and it only needs 50%. I can get what i need from the rest.

I was simply wondering if they had made an 8% part to go with those three bonuses as it might make sense if they did.

I was only using tac as an example because it affects the tac skills more when trying to get 16 seconds or less to get every other grav torp to be high yield.

It may be useful to switch the grav torp to temporal torp(which also uses mines) and switch to cannons. I'm uncertain if the info on the wiki saying cycle time is faster for cannons for the -5sec procs is up to date.
    I mean...Cannons fire faster then the beams..

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

Yea, I was messing with the weapons and I think cannons and beams are all 5 second cycles, but cannons fire faster but have more recharge between.. I was hoping one had a quicker cycle for procs.
  • alcaatrazalcaatraz Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    ***It may optionally be very useful to switch the grav torp to temporal torp(which also uses mines) and switch to cannons. I'm uncertain if the info on the wiki saying cycle time is faster for cannons for the -5sec procs is up to date.

Honestly I dont know if the cycle time is faster on cannons vs Beams..The procs for energy weapon are per cycle these days and I haven't heard any advantages over 1 energy weapon type vs another.

Both Cannons (heavy and light) and Beams (dual and single) have 5 second cycles.
    --- @alcaatraz || I make tanks and do maths stuffs ---
    "I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul."
    I'm working on this build: Wizluu Fleet Jupiter

I have krenim and other bonuses to recharge etc. But I'm trying to see if there is an excactly 8% bonus hiding in the game somehwere I haven't found.

I currently have:
    Tac: 20(Readiness)+10(Krenim)+22(4+7.5+7.5(BioGelPack+DefDroneGaurds+ChronCapArrays))=52.

30/1.52=19.79 recharge. If it hits the -5 proc or the 20% reduction it will be at 15 seconds.. 19.79*0.8=15.79. It fits the 8 second grav torp but it's cutting it a little close. And both are potentially unreliable and annoying to keep track of.

But, if there was an 8% recharge bonus it would be 30/1.6=18.75*0.8=15<-maxcd reduction. then both of those will get closer to max and give a split second more to click before missing a torp...

So, what I'm wondering is if there is an 8% bonus somewhere to go with the 2 consoles and the trait(22%) That would even out all the calculations and give it exactly the amount for max trait reduction in a reliable manner. I've been looking but I haven't found one so far.

This seems like it could be a nice alternative to using Photonic officer or other methods. It would be potentially convenient if one existed.

To reiterate I'm looking to see if there is an exact 8% bonus to recharge somewhere that fits the 3 bonuses I've found so far from console/trait or similar(ChronoCapaciterArray,BionueralGelPack,DefenseDroneGuardians). This would make this group of bonuses exactly 30% and make using them help get calculations to exact CD limits.. So, I'm trying to find out if this exact bonus exists in game and I haven't found it, it's rare and few know about it, or maybe if it will exist in the future?!

8% is 0.08 for starters, this might be throwing off your calculations (it would be 30*(1-0.08)/(1.52) = 18.157 if this 8% was a reduction as it is anyway).

Second, I'm not sure on what you're asking about exactly; you're talking about bridge officer cd's (20(Readiness)+10(Krenim)+22(4+7.5+7.5(BioGelPack+DefDroneGaurds+ChronCapArrays))) but none of these affect the Gravimetric Torp.

So what are you asking about?
    It affects the torpedo high yield that I use with it.
    edited August 2017