test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PODCAST] Tribbles in Ecstasy Take 267: The Late Late Show!

midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
Tribbles in Ecstasy Take 267: 'The Late Late Show!' has warped on to Holosuite Media, you can download and stream it from:
After recording the episode a day late, it was then published a week late; Sorry about that but our Captain has been walking to raise money for Cancer Research.

In this episode we start off discussing what we know and think about the information released on Star Trek: Discovery. We then moved on to Star Trek Online (1:01:08), Star Trek Online Consoles (1:57:58), Star Trek Timelines (2:17:56), Convention News (3:08:39), Community Feedback (3:22:51) and more.

Community Questions:
1. How does the new Endeavor system feel to you? Is it a nice new challenge or do you feel it's a reason to shore up player numbers?
2. What's your take on the Razer Cortex partnership with Cryptic?
3. With the Discover premier date announced are you eager to find out what the show is all about?
4. What do you think of update version 2.1 of Timelines?
5. Should Timelines Fleet Honor rewards be a collectible from in-game mail?

Tribbles267.png

Comments

• alex1geralex1ger Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Hello there, tribbles.

You might have noticed that I added some feedback to last week's... uhm... last show's feedback. Good to have you back. I think. Are you back? I certainly hope so. ;)

Community questions:

1.) Well, I'm not sure if I'm qualified to make a statement yet but since you've asked I'll give you my first impressions:
    According to this week's livestream the system is meant to reward you for... basically 5 minutes of "effort". The "most difficult" endeavor is going to be "Play an advanced queue".

Let's talk about the rewards for a second. You get a box that contains 5 "slots". For every slot you'll get a random reward from a pool of rewards. Energy credits, skill points, R&D material, dilithium, choice of marks... I might have missed something. Anyway, Cryptic is basically injecting these things into the game's economy. For some reason.

As a side effect they get to manipulate their metrics. I mean whenever people complain about certain queues being dead Cryptic can point at their metrics and claim that all the queues see play (for two days every few weeks/months). Or that all energy types are being used (even if it is just for two days every few weeks/months...).
    And for two days every few weeks support players get to enjoy their favorite playstyle because the endeavor system asks them to do shield healing and... that's the moment when DPS players will complain about the troll/griefer that keeps them from completing their endeavor by healing them before they can heal themselves...

Don't say that won't happen. I told you about the live-stream when a DPS player asked Borticus to do something about those trolls/griefers that mess up his "Go Down Fighting" DPS by healing him... But this is where I get into game design and like I said there's still an e-mail in the making (you got enough of a feedback backlog already).

2.) See, I use the ARC launcher once per day (if I remember it) for the rewards and I turn it off immediately afterwards. This Razer thing does not interest me at all. I will not download it. End of story.

3.) Not really. I'm glad that I'm in Europe, meaning that I could get it through Netflix. So I might actually subscribe when the whole season is out to watch it (and some of the other stuff on there). But that's... how should I put it... Let's cross that bridge when we get there.

Timelines: Okay, I didn't want to talk about it anymore but since MidNite asked me a question... I'm not sure if I ever said that I "wanted" to play Timelines. If I did, sorry about the confusion. See, I really really want to play Overwatch. Timelines? Not so much. As long as you tribbles were still riding the "launch high", I will admit that I was mildly curious. Curious enough to jump through the hoop of creating an account, IF there had been a standalone browser version. (Yes, that's a tiny hoop, but technically still a hoop.)

That was their "window of opportunity". The more time passed the less enthusiastic you got. Which in turn lessened my curiosity. Remember when we talked about the release of the second Renegades thingy? I watched the first one (when it was still called "Star Trek: Renegades"). It left me with a resounding "meh" but I was willing to give their second production a try.
    They decided to hide it behind some sort of sign-up process. You can call that a minor inconvenience and you're right, but I am not willing to put up with that. I am just not that interested. Case closed.
    Same thing with Timelines. Well, not just that. There's also the issue that instead of a standalone browser version the first thing they introduced was a Facebook version. If I'm not willing to create a Facebook account for you Tribbles, I most definitely won't create one for Timelines. Too many hoops to jump through. *shrug*

There are just so many other things out there that compete for my time. Real life. A bunch of Blizzard games. Star Trek Online. Your live-show. Lord of the Rings Online. Star Wars: The Old Republic. Neverwinter... In LotRO and Neverwinter I still don't have even a single max-level character. I really need to find the time to play those games some more.

RP blogs:

One last thing about "A First's Tale": See, who would want a Jem'Hadar who's (almost) independent from Ketracel White and who reaches an age of 40+ years? Mmh... People who want playable Jem'Hadar that still make sense from a lore and RP perspective?
    And look at that... We just had an expansion last year so the next expansion might hit next year which would coincide with Deep Space 9's 25th anniversary. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'. Take notes and let's compare them when X4 hits.
    Btw. I still want playable Cardassians. Much more than Jem'Hadar or Changelings (I'm not sure how that would be even remotely sensible...) or Borg. Wait, I'm a lifetimer, I already got playable (Liberated) Borg...

Tale of the Witch: Mmh. Another well-written blog, still under-advertised and under-utilized. And I'm still waiting to see where this goes before I make a judgment on whether or not the whole story-arc actually makes sense.

Giveaway: Quick update, still nothing about the ship. I don't know if it's supposed to take this long and I didn't want to take Kael's attention off his work but I think I'm gonna use the weekend to send an e-mail to his gmail account to ask about the state of things. I'll let you know when something happens.
  • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Snip.

Feedback for episode 268 has been moved to its proper thread.
    Post edited by chozoelder2nd on
    SP9Pu.gif