test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Undine Infiltration - Is it still broken?

lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
I can't remember exactly when the problem first came up but there was something wrong with Undine Infiltration that made it impossible to complete; it may have been the part with the protestors setting fires.

Is it still broken on Elite?
Q9BWcdD.png

Comments

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Dunno. The mission never pops when I queue up for elite.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Hello OP.

We do it now and then to see if it is fixed or not and no, it is not; for almost 2 years now.

The fire suppression devise out of the story mission researcher rescue does not work in there. What’s worse is that if you have such a devise in your inventory your toons are not able to pick up the 3-load device you get from the infiltration map itself. That one is supposed to work at least partialy. A friend also reported that you have to reload it each time now so teams have trouble to do it under the timer. Highlight for me was that I even got an 2h AFK penalty after hosting a private UIE where I did all interviews successfully but was not able to interact with the fires because of the said reasons.

As it stands now you either get the temple quest or you are screwed but a 50/50 chance on top of the weak potential for successful pugs in light of the interviews have that map rest in peace.

While Nukara Self-destructive Tendencies & Counterpoint Elite can’t be handled by 95% of the teams that assemble in STO and are therefore unused Undine Infiltration is just broken and isn’t therefore used either.

Quiet sad, 3 maps I’d love to run each day but can’t because cryptic just does not care about them.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    It's a shame, one of the few STFs that isn't just killing everything.

The trouble is memorising the right answer is beyond the typical pug, which causes a lot of failures even if it all works - and in the bugs as described...
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    It's a shame, one of the few STFs that isn't just killing everything.

The trouble is memorising the right answer is beyond the typical pug, which causes a lot of failures even if it all works - and in the bugs as described...

Yea I agree UIE is a wonderfull map, I hope we get it back.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Just use the CRM-2000 to put out the fire. That is the easiest solution.
    Edit: secondary fire mode.

As for the answers: just read. The answers are in there.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    I know! Few seconds reading and pressing "f" (by default) and you can easily find them out. If you have not learnt them yet, and, really, that ought to be a given at Elite level.

But, someone usually messes it up...
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I was in an elite pug that failed within 15 seconds after leaving the transporter room.
  • greuceangreucean Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    its still broken
    fire suppressors don't replicate, and you still get an afk penalty whether you leave or fail
  • mrsinister82mrsinister82 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Half the game seems broken at the moment.
    From Dyson Battle zone where the AI is trashed, to the romulan alert where you release ships.
    The kobali chain missions are still bugged to high heaven making it a repeating 2 hour task to get them to complete, for the people unaware of the bug in the story arc.

We could actually go on all day couldn't we at this moment in time....

And what will they tell you when you send in tickets??.... "verify the integrity of your game files".....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • necaradan666necaradan666 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    It's been a very long time since I ran a UIE so forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't they change it the same way as the Researcher Rescue mission changed? As in you go replicate an extinguisher and don't get an item but a button to put out the fires shows up when you get near them
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    Broken things go to the Bug Forum.

edguN8y.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.