test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Federation Transport Attack ??

spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
ive tried this mission a few times and each time ive failed it, even tried it with someone helping me but no luck.
does anyone know of any tricks that I can use to crush this mission? I find it very annoying that I cant beat this simple mission.

I MAYBE get 2 cargo ships but the rest of them just go and I cant win.

Comments

  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    It would be useful to know what mission you are trying to play.

    The only one with multiple transports that I can think of is the mission Treasure Trading Station. There you can just activate a tractor beam to disable the smuggler's ships.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,213 Arc User
    Sounds like starbase blockade to me.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,979 Arc User
    I'm thinking it's one of the Path of the Warrior dailies for KDF. Federation Transport Attack. It's been forever since I last did that, so any advice that I could give would be very outdated.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,801 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    I'm thinking it's one of the Path of the Warrior dailies for KDF. Federation Transport Attack. It's been forever since I last did that, so any advice that I could give would be very outdated.

    if it's this one I use a bird of prey single target focused build.

    use your cloak to sneak past the first group to attack the second group when the first goes down loot it, then quickly kill the protector preferablly while summoning your fleet support to delay if not take down the first group while you finish with the second.

    if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Been a bit since I ran this, but way I always found best and which enabled me to get most if not all of the transports is:

    1) Ensure you're on minimal difficulty (minimises the HP sponges and hence time to get through NPC's)
    2) The mission is fairly dps focused, so bring something with decent firepower. I also find focused firing works better to bring a transport down, raid it and then move onto the next one also taking care not to over damage the ones you've raided as that can fail the mission/Pi Canis Daily optional.
    3) Engage and destroy the Federation reinforcements as soon as they arrive, you've should be able to get 1 freighter fairly damaged by this point, then focus on the reinforcements, a second wave will spawn fairly soon after as well. This then leaves you free to finish the rest of the freighters.
    4) Take the front freighters (furthest from your spawn, nearest the warp out point) first, gives you slightly more time to get all the freighters as the back ones warp out later. If you're really struggling a strong grav well might help (never tried that myself), but that would need a fair bit of Grav Gens skill.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,979 Arc User
    Thanks to this thread, I just ran both sorties for the first time in nearly 4 years. Turns out that it's mostly the same as it was then, and the answer, like it is to many things in this game, is more DPS. I didn't even have to get tricky on Normal, just clobbered the near group and the guard, then moved on to waylay the far group and reinforcement. I left 2 of the 3 in the batch nearest to where you start without raiding their cargo just to make sure I would have time, though I probably didn't need it, and came back to get them after I finished raiding the far group.

    Since you start out from behind everyone, a BoP or investment in Intel spec for some space flanking pays off quite well in there. All advice above is also golden.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    The mission is called FEDERATION TRANSPORT ATTACK, part of the path of the warrior, thought that would have explained it.

    I tried the mission with the Vorgon ship, launched fighters (litle buggers destroyed one of the transports) gave it 4? runs but didnt work out at all.

    ive also used the Breen Lobster with elite scorpions.
    i run the game on normal, my character is lvl 60.
  • spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    is there an ability that will disable engines, like what the Steamrunner had in ST armada 1-2 ?
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    Since you're doing that mission, I'm assuming that you're KDF - and since you're probably KDF, I'll assume that you have a cloaking capable ship at your disposal. For me, it usually goes like this:

    I drop out of warp, then immediately cloak. Under cloak, using full impulse I position my ship in front of the leading group of Federation ships, facing them, preferably holding an face to face position with the middle one and just about out of range for the Starfleet ship. Then I wait for the freighters to come in range themselves, decloak and unleash hell on them.
    It really helps to have a CSV setup for this, maybe even supported with TS to finish off. Also, as others have recommended - the higher the DPS the better. If you happen to have a Mat'Ha Raptor, you'll be able to clean house in a matter of seconds.
    After the first wave, destroy the Starfleet ship and then rinse and repeat for the second wave. This time you'll probably not be able to be out of the Starfleet reinforcements' range, but any solid Klingon ship can endure their attacks long enough for you to take out the rest of the freighters and then you can focus on finishing off Starfleet.

    I hope this helps.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    shpoks wrote: »
    Since you're doing that mission, I'm assuming that you're KDF - and since you're probably KDF, I'll assume that you have a cloaking capable ship at your disposal. For me, it usually goes like this:

    I drop out of warp, then immediately cloak. Under cloak, using full impulse I position my ship in front of the leading group of Federation ships, facing them, preferably holding an face to face position with the middle one and just about out of range for the Starfleet ship. Then I wait for the freighters to come in range themselves, decloak and unleash hell on them.
    It really helps to have a CSV setup for this, maybe even supported with TS to finish off. Also, as others have recommended - the higher the DPS the better. If you happen to have a Mat'Ha Raptor, you'll be able to clean house in a matter of seconds.
    After the first wave, destroy the Starfleet ship and then rinse and repeat for the second wave. This time you'll probably not be able to be out of the Starfleet reinforcements' range, but any solid Klingon ship can endure their attacks long enough for you to take out the rest of the freighters and then you can focus on finishing off Starfleet.

    I hope this helps.

    Helps me. I so suck at that Pi Canis Sortie Bravo thing.
    My friend told me to practice, all three...I still avoid it, though. LOL!

    But, I think it will help me figure out how to fly those Pilot Raptors better than those straight shooting Empire Defense/patrol type of missions. So, I need to get on that.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

    “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    Im actually a Reman KDF.
    what is CSV and TS?
    what kind of a loadout would you recomend too? part of me wants to just load cannons and turrets and just spray and pray it, it works for the Defiant after all ;)
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,007 Arc User
    > @spy8446 said:
    > Im actually a Reman KDF.
    > what is CSV and TS?
    > what kind of a loadout would you recomend too? part of me wants to just load cannons and turrets and just spray and pray it, it works for the Defiant after all ;)

    Cannon Scatter Volley
    Torpedo Spread
  • spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    is there a recommended KDF or Rom ship for this?
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 7,729 Arc User
    spy8446 wrote: »
    is there a recommended KDF or Rom ship for this?

    Nothing in particular. I have done this mission with optional with hegh'ta, T'varo, Negh'var, All breen ships and Orion FDC and various builds (BFAW, cannon and torpedo builds).

    It's mostly all about not killing other disabled freighters while looting one. Having access to a Gravity Well and Aceton Assimilator helps, but it is not mandatory.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    spy8446 wrote: »
    is there a recommended KDF or Rom ship for this?

    Not really, though anything that has a cloak is preferable due to the ability to position yourself without being noticed by the groups of Federation ships. Almost all Romulan ships are cloaking capable, so that shouldn't be a problem for you.

    As far as loadouts go, depends on your style as long as you can dish out decent damage in the required time. I use DHCs up front and turrets in the back, but I'm biased like that - I only use cannon/turret combinations on my Klingon ships. You could just as easily have an all beam setup and just broadside it.
    HQroeLu.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.