test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quality of Life patch

bruccybruccy Member Posts: 292 Arc User
i dont think this games ever had one . im not talking huge changes to the game but small simple things to make playing the game easier . my personal one would be a toggle to auto launch fighters when a wing becomes depleted
so the question is what would your minor change would be to make the game more enjoyable . maybe the developers wont notice a list forming but you never know if enough people highlight something like increases to RnD resource stacks etc . maybe they would be inclined to patch it in for us .
if you never ask you never get as the old saying goes

Comments

• jimduval#7537 jimduval Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    How about the dill refine limit of 8k a day. Many people are generating way more dill then those 8k a day make it a double refine at events or something just so people have a chance to do so but not so much or many times it will break the zen bank
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Fair enough OP. Ok here my top 3 quality of live issues in STO at the moment:

#3 To make better use of the loadout feature it would be cool if doffs could be flagged or otherwise be set on a substitutes’ bench so that they aren’t on assignments each time one switches loadouts. As it stands now I rather hop toons than loadouts.

#2 When you buy like 462 doffs for fleet star base projects each day an “open all” feature on the respective doff packs would be much cooler than having to click 462 times to open them all.

#1 A queue-system-revamp (which makes cross faction queues for partial premades possible).
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Actually for those Doffs for Starbase contributions, change it like they did for the Reputation Projects that required Doffs (Elite Scorpions and Widows). 100 Dilitium per Doff. I'd much rather spend 7,700 Dilitium rather than buying, unpacking, donating, etc. 77 Common Engineering/whatever Doffs.

Fix the Doff Assignment Doff Selection Screen. If you do not want to take the suggested Doffs and you wish to search, the 'green' Recommended Specialization (e.g., Quartermaster) that is needed was at the top of the list, since AoY it is at the bottom.

Separate areas for Active (Reputation) Space and Ground Traits like they did for Personal Space and Ground Traits.

Change all donation sliders to have the arrow at the end so you can increment by one.

Purchase Food/Drinks with a slider instead of individually.

Fix Omega Reputation Space sets prices to the same as all the other Reputations. They are getting a bit long in the tooth now and should not be so expensive.

I'll have more suggestions later.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    These are all good suggestions. I like the auto launch option OP.

My tidbit;
    Auto assign ships for admiralty.
    Like with doff assignments.

Scrolling through 210 ship options and selecting each, drives me nuts. And is killing my mouse wheel. :tongue:
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    More action rows for space combat so that I can easily use more abilities.

... oh wait, they just recently did that...
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »

No we've had those rows for quite a while. However they did recently allow for us to "reshape" them to fit our needs better.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »

No we've had those rows for quite a while. However they did recently allow for us to "reshape" them to fit our needs better.​​

We only were able to have 3 rows. But after the recent patch we can have up to 10 rows.
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »

We only were able to have 3 rows. But after the recent patch we can have up to 10 rows.

Sort of. If you were using the vertical secondary tray, at least one or two of the rows is forced to match the numbering and content of a corresponding horizontal row. So those duplicated rows aren't extra space, strictly speaking.

• walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    Here is something I thought of just this morning. In the Battlezones it would be cool to have the sections that your allies are attacking highlighted on the map so when you enter one in progress you know right where to go.
    sstosig2.png
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    I'd like to be able to heal my officers in the sickbay on my ship. I'm demanding and unreasonable like that.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    These are all good suggestions. I like the auto launch option OP.

My tidbit;
    Auto assign ships for admiralty.
    Like with doff assignments.

Scrolling through 210 ship options and selecting each, drives me nuts. And is killing my mouse wheel. :tongue:

Must be nice to have all those ships...I'm not sure if I've even broken 75 yet :p
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    Make ship hulls paintable....as in like a red galaxy class or something.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    Fair enough OP. Ok here my top 3 quality of live issues in STO at the moment:

#2 When you buy like 462 doffs for fleet star base projects each day an “open all” feature on the respective doff packs would be much cooler than having to click 462 times to open them all.

THIS, been building a fleet and it takes soooooo many clicks to just complete one bleeping project if you have to open up 300+ DOFF boxes..
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    The exchange - really need to make searching for what you want easier, use tick boxes for mods, so for example a player can look for mk12 purple shields with 2 cap mods without having to account for how 2x[cap] is written in the description, or do faction specific and skill specific ticks for a given type of doff. People looking for certain gear mods have to deal with that mod moving around the description due to other mods.

Fx filling the screen has made targetting and simply seeing whats going on tough, often I end up playing blind. I suspect the devs and console players are sporting young persons eyes.

Getting rid of low value drops that need attention, like prisoners filling fed overflow or trash gear next to consoles that need to be activated. I don't want to ignore all white gear in case its needed for a mission, else make all mission gear purple and I'll ignore all white and green - I don't want vendor trash, but I do want stuff I want.

A proper array of services at rom command

Loadouts that remember doffs, traits and everything else - take your partgen sci guy into an account unlock ship for levelling and back to the original ship shouldn't be such a pain.

Improve default UI on a new ship to map from the toon's previous ship

Deal with donating doffs, as I hit the doff limit on a toon I simply stop donating those rather than buy more space just for donations

Get rid of blinking notifications for email etc, a few seconds blinking when I log on is fine.

Have a built in parser that can be turned on and off. Similar for keybinds, cooldown and damage calulators etc. We shouldn't have to use 3rd party addons and google doc spreadsheets.

Proper tooltips and descriptions and some sense of what things boost another, so many abilities now have multiple aspects that its impossible to know how a new kit, ability or whatever, fits in with existing mechanics. For example a kit module damages and knocks down opponents - what mechanics, doffs and traits will it work with, right now we players have no clue.

Double endeavor - keep existing and add bonus for one queue on a rotating basis.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    1.) Windows that can be locked in place so you don't accidentally drag them around when you miss a scroll bar by a pixel or two. (Better/bigger scroll bars would be nice too, but the lack of window lock issue is a problem for more than just this example.)

2.) Ability to hide crafting storage from vendors(or atleast move it to the very bottom of the list instead of the top). Ideally, you'd go to sell to a vendor and get a branch list with categories that can be minimized like:
    =INVENTORY=
    -item 1
    -item 2
    -etc.
    =R&D=
    -material 1
    -material 2
    -etc.

3.) A "SELL STACK" button. ("No, I don't want a pop up asking me how many of those those two food items to sell that I accidentally picked up.")

I've honestly stopped looting on most of my characters, outright, because the user experience of trying to sell things to NPCs in this game is that terrible.

4.) Move "Elite Marks" to the reputation tab. There are so many reputations now that elite marks are becoming noticeable inventory clutter.

5.) SOME Boff power automation. Given how much of the game practically requires constant tactical team application, it really should be something we can simply toggle on or off.. or atleast set to auto-cast. (Part of what makes the earlier game so much more enjoyable than the late game is that you're spending more time looking at the actual battle/game instead of staring at your hotbars and spamming so(/TOO) many abilities all the time. It would cut down on lag as well; there'd be less inputs that would be constantly mashed/sent to the server like they are now.)
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Social/quest hubs on the main race homeworlds.

Hathlon is a good example of this on Bajor, but even though Tellar Prime is on the map, it has nothing for the average swine to do. Same with Ferenginar, Rigel, Beta Zed, etc.
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    All I'd really want to see is fix the issue that displays the shuttle as active ship and nullifies consoles/traits from your ship. Having to dismiss a shuttle to correct the issue does not work when you're using a lockbox shuttle.
    Yeah, that was another I was going to suggest. Also automatic Admiralty Cards for all ships the Character owns or has access to (like all Faction appropriate C-Store Ships unlocked for the Account, Event ships, etc.).

Additionally, clear up the clutter in the Craft Tab for Boff Manuals. There should be selection criteria for Specialization and for Space/Ground. Right now you have to scroll through a possible very long list. The Specializations should also have their own 'Header' Tab.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Replace those rom admiralty 4 upgrades of 15k tech points with no dil, at end game 60k tech points just isn't worth spending two weeks of admiralty trying to get. Something like a single ultimate upgrade, multiple upgrades but with enhanced quality chance or just 30k dil. As a comparison 10 suprior upgrades will cost about 1m ec on the exchange and 12k dil for 128k tech points, its a no-brainer to do kdf admiralty instead.
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    brian334 wrote: »
    Social/quest hubs on the main race homeworlds.

Hathlon is a good example of this on Bajor, but even though Tellar Prime is on the map, it has nothing for the average swine to do. Same with Ferenginar, Rigel, Beta Zed, etc.

I whole heartedly second this. This is a common feature on a lot of mmorpgs and is sorely needed here.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
    To be the equivalent of the KDF and Ferengi Campaigns, they would need to give out somewhere about 24 or so of those Romulan Upgrades. What's even worse is when you max out your Specializations. Instead of awarding those two Spec Points, the Federation Campaign gives you Dilitium instead - 2x 2,880 or 5,760. The 2,880 amount is what you get for a Spec Point once you max them out.

Instead of those pitiful Romulan Upgrades, 4 of the Phoenix Upgrades would do just right. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User

I second this motion a jet black warbird or a pretty hot pink vor'cha lol

nah i really ould like to be able to paint my ship how i like even with decals etc
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    it would work too, since a phoenix is just another kind of bird, and romulans are all about those burbs, yo​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    talien wrote: »
    All I'd really want to see is fix the issue that displays the shuttle as active ship and nullifies consoles/traits from your ship. Having to dismiss a shuttle to correct the issue does not work when you're using a lockbox shuttle.
    did you try mothballing it?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Hmmm....QOL changes eh?

Ok,

1) make all the "donate x resource" windows be able to give anything up to all of the resource you own, rather than the silly limits of 50 marks or 250marks etc. This would work for any resource with a fixed exchange price, like fleet marks, rep marks etc. Say I've got 3864 omega marks to turn in for dil, let me donate any amount at a fixed price using a slider, rather than in batches of 50, 250, 500 etc.

2) add in some search feature for the exchange to let us find doffs via their attributes not just their names.

3) have cloak or battle cloak auto drop when you fire weapons, it removes the need for an extra UI interaction = less potential for lag or unrespondive UI.

3) all boff abilities and clickies should have their tool tips redone so they explain clearly what affects them. E.g. the sci powers, say the system it uses, what skills buff it, what clears them, ranges, damage, debuffs etc. Too much of this is all mystical knowledge you have to run test to find out when it should be immediately clear to see.

4) let us have weapon visuals. It used to exist so it can clearly work. Nobody can argue that it's got a down side of not being able to id a weapon now when there's literally a million colours of weapon fire now anyway, hard to recognise all of them.

5) add a pet tab for the inventory please!

6) similar to a pet tab can we get a weapons & equipment tab sort of like an armoury to store all our guns. A starship must have an armoury surely and it's a pain once you have nearly all the lobi guns, plus crafted and reward stuff that you don't want to chuck. Even storing stuff on boffs requires heaps of them as they only hold one gun each.
    SulMatuul.png
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User

I second this motion a jet black warbird or a pretty hot pink vor'cha lol

nah i really ould like to be able to paint my ship how i like even with decals etc

Like with Lister and his paint brush ;)

~Pictures herself in a constitution painting in black with flames on the engineering hull, while it's BOUNCING like a car would in back in Detroit~

:D
    dvZq2Aj.jpg