test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Do You Think? The Ferengi Admiralty

Comments

• hachaliahhachaliah Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    hachaliah wrote: »

I totally agree, what to spend all the GPL on... I got like 150k GPL from doing 2 or so admiralty missions.
    How about we trade GPL in for Lobi?

Would be a good way for some people to get some Lobi... but considering that is a major draw for buying keys to open lockboxes... probably won't happen even with a ridiculous conversion rate of GPL>Lobi.

I'm pretty sure things changed because of the Infinity Lockbox.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    Replace the dil store by a GPL store, and this new admiralty would be interesting. GPL is useless currently in game.
  • fatherrockfatherrock Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    I can make GPL worth collecting without unbalancing the game.

Sell stuff that has nothing to do with combat ability.
    Limit purchases to the character making the purchase.
    so, what is that?

GPL should be able to purchase commodities - on Ferengi stations
    GPL should be able to allow rent or purchase of an apartment on Ferenginar
    GPL should allow for --- unusual cosmetic body modifications (tails, weird eyes, special skin textures) pricey
    GPL should allow for single use transwarp timer overrides
    GPL should allow for unusual bridge designs
    GPL should allow exclusive hair designs
    GPL should allow for exclusive clothing
    GPL should be allowed to modifiy your interior crew uniforms in mass
    GPL should allow exclusive paint jobs
    GPL should allow for ...questionable mission quests

and lastly, your GPL wealth on hand should open up optional conversation options with
    Ferengi NPCs - if your fithy rich...they know it and will act differently.

Peace is good for Business
  • flesson616flesson616 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    mattaukett wrote: »
    It's another admirality campaign to get people to log in for so guess that's a plus. But really needs something to make all that GPL that's being rewarded halfway useful, otherwise only reason to run it after levelling is for the tour mission's dilithium reward.

Exactly, besides a couple small things not much use for GPL, give us something really useful to spend it on since GPL in the shows was the #1 to buyt things here its almost worthless.
    And agree ferengi dont need prisoners stuff, commodities would be a great idea, whther its delta commodities or any one your get from maurading would be better rewards from ferengi. jst make it random reward box.
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    I am really plugging away at it!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2017
    It be nice if aside from the Hologram's, Trophies, or even a few sunglasses on Risa if the team added some new creative options to purchase with GPL possibly to include Ferengi Tailor unlocks... or maybe even a Ferengi Shuttle with unique bonus to compliment some Admiralty missions.

2 unique shuttles appear in several TNG / DS9 episodes.
    When Ferengi get left in the Delta Quadrant after the TNG is up against a Betazoid telepath negotiating for wormhole rights on behalf of other races...

Geordi Laforge is in a shuttle with Data is joined by Ferengi in their shuttle investigating what was thought to be stable wormhole discovers the other end changes at intervals. It's how Voyager later found Ferengi in the Delta Quadrant.

There was also a DS9 episode where Quark borrowed the Grand Negus Shuttle to negotiate a trade deal for Tullaberries to create wine with a race in the Gamma Quadrant and those would be two viable options for admiralty only shuttles as a viable reward if not already offered.

Surely there are a few or not a lot of creative idea's for many new Novelty items to get with GPL?
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    strathkin wrote: »
    I
    2 unique shuttles appear in several TNG / DS9 episodes.
    When Ferengi get left in the Delta Quadrant after the TNG is up against a Betazoid telepath negotiating for wormhole rights on behalf of other races when Geordi Laforge in a shuttle with Data is joined by Ferengi in their shuttle to investigating what was thought to be stable wormhole discovers the other end changes at intervals. It's how Voyager later found Ferengi in the Delta Quadrant. There was also a DS9 episode where Quark borrowed the Grand Negus Shuttle to negotiate a trade deal for Tullaberries to create wine with a race in the Gamma Quadrant and those would be two viable options for a slight admiralty boost to complement some missions.

The Ferengi shuttle already exists in game.
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ferengi_Na'Far
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • thelematikerthelematiker Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Another Admiralty. Nothing special at the moment if the GPL Store stays as it is now.
    You get an Admiralty Card (good for someone who has not that much ships) and GPL (and DilOre).
    If the Admiralty is on 10, You probably have everything you can get for GPL.

Question is: When does something new coming into the GPL Store then?
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    Have you watched the latest livestream, it was mentioned that it wasn't ready yet but will be in future patches. But that is all info we have for now I guess
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @dracounguis said:
    > It's just the KDF one with some GPL rewards. Not something revolutionary. Just another reputation bar to fill. If you are lucky you can get both ToDs to show up each day and make 60k now instead of 30k in the same time. So Dil will be devalued vs Zen even more now...
    >
    > I saw some missions giving 86,000 GPL? I feel bad for those smucks that played Dabo all these years praying to get 1000 every 20th spin... :D People already whining about the flood of disco-balls this will buy.
    > aspartan1 wrote: »
    >
    > It would be nice if there was a practical use for GPL such as buying Lobi. Just sayin'...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That'd be nice. I'd also like to see 'a' Nagus ship purchasable for GPL.
    > Obviously not the gold-plated one they gave to the STO-whales, but maybe a non-fleet level one so the 20 people who got the gold one won't get sad that they ain't super special anymore. :*

That is an excellent idea, the ability to but that Nagus class ship with high enough Latium. I mean that ship is going to waste right now anyways.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Here is a thought, could it be Foreshadowing a Ferengi Faction.

I mean think about, all the other Admirality campaigns are based on the factions, Federation, Klingon Empire, Romulan Republic, so perhaps in the next expansion we will get a Ferengi faction.
  • vinny#6447 vinny Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Our new Admiralty system allows you to send you ships in search of profit alongside the Ferengi.

Let us know what you think here!

it's $hit. their i typed what everyone is thinking.
    Have you watched the latest livestream, it was mentioned that it wasn't ready yet but will be in future patches. But that is all info we have for now I guess

I'm afraid I didn't watch the last livestream. What was said about what?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    lordgyor wrote: »
    Here is a thought, could it be Foreshadowing a Ferengi Faction.

I mean think about, all the other Admirality campaigns are based on the factions, Federation, Klingon Empire, Romulan Republic, so perhaps in the next expansion we will get a Ferengi faction.

I was getting ready to type out a reply to the effect of "possibly but we already have major Ferengi content items available" but...Cryptic could do a lot with a Ferengi intro arc. Internal politics, new species alliances, bumping into the True Way, dealing with the Dominion, ect. ect. with a fresh tone, fun missions (see. Magnificent Ferengi), and easy lead into multi-faction content (they aren't a villain faction and they're in the neighborhood.)

I want this to happen now.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    What was said about what?

Cryptic's hinted that they're going to be adding more to the Latinum store. Those plans weren't, however, ready in time for the launch of season 13.5. Stay tuned (since that's as much as we can hope to hear about unannounced content. :))
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    Well... I'd HOPE they had plans. If they're making GPL a more available currency... we're going to need a use for it. I don't see them making anything from the Phoenix Box available for GPL, but who knows.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    Put in a GPL to EC conversion console somewhere to make GPL worthwhile.
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    If I am to be honest, I find it to be pointless. The Klingon Admiralty has the same reward as the Ferengi one. The only difference is that Ferengi Admiralty gives large amounts of GPL, which itself is really only used for playing Dabo in an attempt to gain more GPL in order to play more Dabo. And, really, you don't need GPL to even play that. So I am hard pressed to find any reason to use this Admiralty.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    We'll be due for something else after August 7th, as that is when you can reach Tier 10 in the Ferengi Campaign. A new grind will need to be introduced soon after that. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    Phoenix box
  • maddscottmaddscott Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Here's a few more "thoughts"

(1) GPL.. Admiralty GPL doesn't count for any of the Accolades; Only usable for Holo emitters or trophies; currently, most "useless" currency in-game;
    (2) Ferengi Traders - camouflaged Colonist and/or Prisoners. More prisoners to manage their disposal; and actually, there's a Fleet Project that requires Traders, from White to Blue.. only get them now from Exchange and/or Academy recruitment;
    (3) Missions - It appears this campaign is even more SCI orientated than Feddie.. Actually had a 100 Sci +75 required, and most of the missions require a minimum (average) of 60 SCI... Since when did ferengi change the Rules of Acquisition to be based in Science, and not Profffits.. ??
    (4) Overall Impression - Another campaign for the Epic Ship card is not bad.. Nice to have another source of dil.

Pet Peeve - Campaign XP (CXP) 10K Daily Cap

(1) We (I) really need some explaination here.. For starters, KDF CXP is currently counting against the Fegengi CXP and will "cap-out" sooner than expected. Not surprising since it appears to be a C/P of the KDF process. However, I am 10/10 KDF, FED, Romie, and unlike FED/Rom, teh KDF missions still display CXP for the campaign mission;

(2) Additionally, exactly WHEN do you hit the CXP Cap ?? Yes, I know it's at 10K, but it appears that in a 24hour period, expecially at lower levels, you may not "cap-out". However, 2 days later you log that toon back on, start to collect the missions and get hit with a CXP cap, even though you may only turn in 6-8,000k..

Case in point.. My Rom/KDF toon started and completed 8 missions 1st day... collected rewards day 2, loaded 8 more missions and did not get logged on for two days.. Today, I turn in 3/8 missions, one fail (intentional), two more for a total value of 5,022 CXP and I only get rewarded 3,320 (2915+405) CXP... So I turn in another mission worth 2,815 cxp and received 315 cxp.

So..

(1) When does the "actual" CXP cap start *IF* you don't hit the cap in a 24hr period ??
    (2) Is the CXP cumulative until you actually hit the magic 10K CXP Cap, say 2, 3 5 days later ??
    (3) What is the ACTUAL CD of the CXP cap and how is it tracked ??
    (4) It it IS tracked, then why can't we see SOME KIND of indication that that particular Campaign is at CAP and if possible.. whne will it be reset..

And Lastly.. When you gonna fix the KDF CXP from bleeding to Ferengi ??

TYVM for the chance at another Epic Card, some more Dil and other rewards...

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I hadn't noticed the 'bleeding', but I can guess why. The Campaign rewards the same 10 for 10 Prize as the KDF. Copy/Paste not fully cleaned up.

Most of my Characters running this are maxed out on all three of the previous, with one having to finish up the Romulan. Two are leveling up all four. Neither of those have run into this 'bleed'. I have, in fact, have had the KDF hit the Daily max, while the Ferengi did not indicate as such.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,102 Arc User
    There now so much 'look at static interface and click' in this game it almost plays like a Web Browser Flash-based game. I wish you guys would just stop with the copy/paste/search for 'Klingon' and replace with 'Ferrengi' game development. But that's me.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • jaegersonjaegerson Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    It's just like all the other admirality, so I'm fairly neutral. The GPL gains are nice but I think it is strange this did not coincide with an expansion of stuff which can be bought with it.
  • blackshap9#1072 blackshap9 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    pointless, what is the purpose?
    more click n play... for what?
    How does this make the game more fun? What does this add? I don't get it... I have 2 fleets and I am in a massive armada and nobody gets it, nobody...
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    Why NOTHING was added to the GPL store is beyond me. Please communicate that to your superiors. Though this feedback has a 99% chance of NOT being acted upon, let them know that putting out an TRIBBLE campaign with GPL as a reward was foolish without anything worthwhile to spend it on.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    aspartan1 wrote: »
    It would be nice if there was a practical use for GPL such as buying Lobi. Just sayin'...

Seconded! (Or whichever, since I haven't read all the responses yet.)
    boldly-watched.png
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    The admiralty needs to get a little more automated like the doff assignments. That or an Admiral's desk selection on the Zen store to sit at while I do the admiralty paperwork. Kinda sucks grinding away at something like this even though it's by choice. Paperwork isn't fun at all.
  • stevemegatronstevemegatron Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    I can't imagine ever using GPL for anything currently in the store, so I'll probably eventually hit the GPL cap and won't get any more, even though I'll be "earning" it. If I could turn GPL into Dil, or EC, or if there were better (IMO) items to buy in the GPL store, then maybe I'd be more hyped over getting such seemingly high amounts of the stuff.

Buying Lobi with GPL, yeah, that's never gonna happen. If it did, it'd probably be 10 million GPL to 1 Lobi.

I guess this isn't the reaction the Devs were hoping for but really, what is there to get excited over about GPL?

This is my thoughts on the GPL as well. Be nice to get more perks for having it. It's basically useless. I do the Ferangi for the Dilithium.
  • stevemegatronstevemegatron Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    fatherrock wrote: »
    I can make GPL worth collecting without unbalancing the game.

Sell stuff that has nothing to do with combat ability.
    Limit purchases to the character making the purchase.
    so, what is that?

GPL should be able to purchase commodities - on Ferengi stations
    GPL should be able to allow rent or purchase of an apartment on Ferenginar
    GPL should allow for --- unusual cosmetic body modifications (tails, weird eyes, special skin textures) pricey
    GPL should allow for single use transwarp timer overrides
    GPL should allow for unusual bridge designs
    GPL should allow exclusive hair designs
    GPL should allow for exclusive clothing
    GPL should be allowed to modifiy your interior crew uniforms in mass
    GPL should allow exclusive paint jobs
    GPL should allow for ...questionable mission quests

and lastly, your GPL wealth on hand should open up optional conversation options with
    Ferengi NPCs - if your fithy rich...they know it and will act differently.

Peace is good for Business

I would love to see these changes as well.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Maybe even add some of the lesser-bought C-Store items, like pets and bridges? I mean, I remember a time when PAKLEDS were a premium species. There can't be too much of an upset if we make a few of the unpopular items more available, yeah?