test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Win a Cabin on the Star Trek Cruise and a Legendary Starship!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
We're partnering with Gamespot and Star Trek: The Cruise to get you a chance at a cruise with Star Trek actors and a Legendary Starship!

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10556484

Comments

• angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Is the Connie a T1 or a T6? asking for a friend. ;)
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    angarus1 wrote: »

Considering everyone can get the Connie Refit at Tier 2, I would go out on a limb and say it's Tier 6.

As to the contest itself, I entered. Not necessarily interested in the cruise itself, but I do want me a Nagus.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • rhenvar42rhenvar42 Member Posts: 84 Arc User

Judging from what is written around below it, I would say tier 1.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    It is indeed the T1.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Good luck to everyone that enters!
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    It is indeed the T1.

Well then I'm less enthused about it as I already have that. Knew it seemed too good to be true
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    The Ferengi ship... not legendary at all (especially when you consider it never appeared in any show or movie).

It's legendary to me, as the only T6 ship with Bank / Exchange / Mail right on the bridge (with Dabo to boot), and not otherwise available in-game.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Meh, I already got the T1 Constitution from the Temporal Starter Pack giveaway which Gamespot was holding a year or so ago.
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    It is indeed the T1.

Ah, too bad. Very well. :)
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    It is indeed the T1.

Hmph. If I'd known that, I wouldn't have bothered entering the blasted contest.
  • corsair#6764 corsair Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I'd have been happy even with the T1 (though I like the idea of the Ferengi ship) but alas, us Aussies aren't eligible to enter.

• tostrek2012tostrek2012 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    I got my T1 (plus RMC, badge, etc) long time ago from the Star Trek Online Collector's Edition.
  • monjii11monjii11 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Funny how they were doing this same contest maybe a month ago, and the winner of that got ALL the ships. ALL OF THEM. (That's what was written in the contest entry for that anyway, knowing Cryptic they probably messed up something and the winner got nothing)

Now they've lowered the bar to one ship.

Hope whoever "wins" this edition is happy with the bronze medal.
  • alpharaider47#7707 alpharaider47 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    I could use a vacation, if I could get the leave to go on one! Either way, can't argue with free so I threw my hat in the mix. Good luck to everyone who has entered.
    sFfAcbR.jpg
    STO Beta Test and Launch Veteran
    vorwoda wrote: »
    It is indeed the T1.

Hmph. If I'd known that, I wouldn't have bothered entering the blasted contest.

You figured they were giving everyone a free luxury promo ship, just in exchange for nothing?

No. And it's not "for nothing", nor "free", so stop trolling. It's in exchange for your information to a partner company, who thinks it's valuable enough to give away an entire cruise. The toy company thinks it's valauble enough to give away a physical game. So, I thought that as part of the 3rd place prize (so only those winners - not everyone, as you imply) would get, as part of their prize, something that would be a prize - a limited T6 ship, like the Nagus vessels at other prize tiers. As it is, a T1 ship (which anyone interested in would have already bought - with Dil, at least) is the STO equivalent of a Cracker Jack "prize", but awarded to a limited number of people in a major contest. And not the old school cool Cracker Jack prizes you used to get in the '60's, when they gave you actual plastic toys, but the paper TRIBBLE you get nowadays. And see below.
    monjii11 wrote: »
    Funny how they were doing this same contest maybe a month ago, and the winner of that got ALL the ships. ALL OF THEM. (That's what was written in the contest entry for that anyway, knowing Cryptic they probably messed up something and the winner got nothing)

Now they've lowered the bar to one ship.

Hope whoever "wins" this edition is happy with the bronze medal.

Exactly. The first time, EVERY ship, even ALL the limited ones were given to the winner. This time it looked (to me, at least) like they were spreading the wealth out a bit, and giving ONE limited ship to more winners instead. Ah, well.
    Not everyone. As I expressly stated previously, only to certain prize winners, as a prize in a contest.

Since you deliberately misread my posts, I'm not going to reply further. You're one troll I won't feed further.
  • misterperseusmisterperseus Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    It wasn't "every" ship, it was all the Zen ships.
  • ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    I could use a vacation, if I could get the leave to go on one! Either way, can't argue with free so I threw my hat in the mix. Good luck to everyone who has entered.

Just book your own cruise with NCL - it will cost you less than this giveaway as drinks /grats /etc are included. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • monjii11monjii11 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    It wasn't "every" ship, it was all the Zen ships.
    Point still stands.

Bronze.

Medal.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Winners announcement?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • drazziidrazzii Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    regenerde wrote: »
    Winners announcement?
    I wondered when this would happen too, so I found some info in the official rules:
    7. Odds/Drawing/Winner Notification: Prize will be awarded by random drawing. Odds of winning the Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The random Prize drawing (the "Prize Drawing") will take place on or about July 21, 2017. The Prize Drawing will be conducted by Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Potential Winners will be notified by Twitter Direct Message, Facebook Direct Message, or email within two (2) days from drawing date. If a potential Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during seven (7) days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Only one attempt for an alternate will be conducted. If attempt fails, Prize will not be awarded. Upon Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
    Post edited by drazzii on
    aV2IRVJ.png
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    drazzii wrote: »
    regenerde wrote: »
    Winners announcement?
    I wondered when this would happen too, so I found some info in the official rules:
    7. Odds/Drawing/Winner Notification: Prize will be awarded by random drawing. Odds of winning the Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The random Prize drawing (the "Prize Drawing") will take place on or about July 21, 2017. The Prize Drawing will be conducted by Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Potential Winners will be notified by Twitter Direct Message, Facebook Direct Message, or email within two (2) days from drawing date. If a potential Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during seven (7) days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Only one attempt for an alternate will be conducted. If attempt fails, Prize will not be awarded. Upon Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.

Thank you.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • harolde13harolde13 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanks for the info I was having a very hard time finding anything. So the drawing was ( on or about ) last Friday (21st) and they do notification(s) within two days of drawing (Saturday or Sunday). Kind of odd timing as far as day of the week to do drawing and notifications over the weekend, theoretically ;) ..
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    > @harolde13 said:
    > Thanks for the info I was having a very hard time finding anything. So the drawing was ( on or about ) last Friday (21st) and they do notification(s) within two days of drawing (Saturday or Sunday). Kind of odd timing as far as day of the week to do drawing and notifications over the weekend, theoretically ;) ..

Bugger guess I didn't get anything then heh