test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Freezes on Mission-Prompted Transition to Sector Space

byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
I decided to go and get the Breen impulse engines after the update today and so far the game has frozen on every attempt to leave System Space on repeat attempt after rejecting departure due to combat engagement. I'm not sure if this is related to repeating attempt to leave or the latter successful attempt. This was also partaken with my Temporal captain so that may or may not be an aspect.
oldracesbanner.jpg

Comments

• tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Can confirm this indeed happens, not only in missions, transferring to sector space from system freezes the game.

@abstrusrejoinder#9208 this is serious enough to merit your attention. Thanks.

Edit: just like OP, this happened in Defera system trying to leave (since it looks like OP is talking about Cold Case mission and leaving Defera system if I'm not mistaken).

Update: seems like it randomly happens anywhere, not specific to Defera
    Post edited by tmghost7729#8985 on
  • direwolf016#2451 direwolf016 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Can confirm. Freezes while trying to load characters; freezing while leaving deep space encounters.
  • xteeler#8335 xteeler Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited July 2017
    Maybe this is the same bug related. Not sure but I can't create a thread because of probationary thing over being new to forum.

My main character is stuck on loading screen for Nimbus III coming from PVE mission Crystalline Catastrophe (Advanced).
    I tried closing the game, logging back in, I've tried logging from one character to another but I'm still stuck in that loading section.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon so I can play my main character.

Edit: Update both of my lvl 60 characters are stuck loading on Nimbus III now. I didn't think it would happen if I didn't do PVE but it seems just locking out does it.
    Post edited by xteeler#8335 on
  • abstrusrejoinder#9208 abstrusrejoinder Member Posts: 52 Cryptic Developer
    Hi! We're looking into this issue as we speak. We've received reports for four maps:

Risa
    Nimbus III
    Beta Quadrant
    Alpha Quadrant

If you are unable to load into any other map, please let me know here. Thank you all for your reports and your patience!
  • byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    I can confirm the issue exists with New Romulus, presently my temporal captain is now stuck in limbo there.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • cindy#7256 cindy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @abstrusrejoinder#9208 said:
    > Hi! We're looking into this issue as we speak. We've received reports for four maps:
    >
    > Risa
    > Nimbus III
    > Beta Quadrant
    > Alpha Quadrant
    >
    > If you are unable to load into any other map, please let me know here. Thank you all for your reports and your patience!

i too am stuck loading on nimbus 3 . thought i was being cand for naming my ship and crew new confederate. but found this post, must be a bug...
  • cindy#7256 cindy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @cindy#7256 said:
    > > @abstrusrejoinder#9208 said:
    > > Hi! We're looking into this issue as we speak. We've received reports for four maps:
    > >
    > > Risa
    > > Nimbus III
    > > Beta Quadrant
    > > Alpha Quadrant
    > >
    > > If you are unable to load into any other map, please let me know here. Thank you all for your reports and your patience!
    >
    > i too am stuck loading on nimbus 3 . thought i was being cand for naming my ship and crew new confederate. but found this post, must be a bug...

ps4 stuck loading Nimbus 3: made a new character to have something to do. but when i get to nimbus 3 same will happen. not running out of patience though. i can hear music!!
  • vt7#3082 vt7 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    > @abstrusrejoinder#9208 said:
    > Hi! We're looking into this issue as we speak. We've received reports for four maps:
    >
    > Risa
    > Nimbus III
    > Beta Quadrant
    > Alpha Quadrant
    >
    > If you are unable to load into any other map, please let me know here. Thank you all for your reports and your patience!

Was the scheduled maintenance supposed to fix this issue, becuase I hope so.
  • abstrusrejoinder#9208 abstrusrejoinder Member Posts: 52 Cryptic Developer
    Hi everybody, I just want to provide a quick update: to be clear, there was no fix for this issue in the recent maintenance. We're still working on this issue and hope to have a fix ready for the next patch.

Thank you all for your patience (I know this isn't the update anyone wanted), and please keep us apprised of any new information :)