test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All About Bridge Officers

crockettt128crockettt128 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2017 in Federation Discussion
Races

We've had the same bridge officer races for years. I'd love to see a new influx of races to choose from, I'd even be willing to purchase them from the C-Store. Some ideas are:

Risian
Benzite
El-Aurian
Denobulan
Xindi-Aboreal
Xindi-Primate

Special Boffs

Embassy Romulan & Lobi Store Romulan/Borg
Jem'Hadar
Hierarchy
Breen
Reman
Voth (Nelen Exel)
Diplomacy Special Boff
23c Androids
Lobi store photonic tactical boff (Maco)
...and others

Can we PLEASE have access to Federation uniforms for them (or whichever faction we are playing as) and make them fully editable (at least their uniforms)?

Transporter Effects

It's really annoying when I beam down with my Embassy Romulan, Krenim Boff, KDF Diplomany Boff and they ALL have different transporter effects. It's incredibly inconsistent. Transporter effects should be based on whichever ship I'm currently using. Please find a way to fix this.

Starship Bridge BOFF Locations

When I visit my starship bridge, I understand that the bridge officers I see there are somewhat based on which officers I have assigned to specific stations, however it would be great if we could choose which officer sits where, and the option to put an officer at every station.

For example, The Odyssey bridge has a captain's chair with a place for the first officer and counselor on either side. It would be great if I could have my first officer and counselor sit in those chairs. Same with my pilot. She doesn't sit at the conn position, and my operations officer doesn't sit at ops.

Re-order Boffs on the tailor screen & dialogue

I understand that the BOFFs on the tailor screen are listed in the order I received them, but it would be great to be able to re-order them. Click on them and slide them around like how you can reorder pictures in an album on Facebook. If this were the case, it would also be great if this determined the order in which boffs receive dialogue. The first science officer on the list would be chosen for the ship board dialogue, etc.

During away missions, the next boff in order would be chosen for the dialogue. For example, If I didn't have the first tactical officer on the tailor screen on my away team but had two others, then the next one on the list which is currently in my away team would be chosen for dialogue.

Thanks for considering and hopefully implementing.

Comments

• chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Sounds like solid QoL ideas. I'd definitely get behind having more BOFF races at the very least.
  • bruccybruccy Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    im afraid boffs are pretty much reduntant as being interesting nowadays . i kinda lost interest when i could no longer take a full teams on away missions . havent touched them since legacey of romulas frankly all the same with no skills changed i dont need them
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    For me, the biggest issue is them not being able to wear your factions' uniform. Sorting this out would make me very happy.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    bruccy wrote: »
    im afraid boffs are pretty much reduntant as being interesting nowadays . i kinda lost interest when i could no longer take a full teams on away missions . havent touched them since legacey of romulas frankly all the same with no skills changed i dont need them

What do you mean by "a full team" on away missions? Did they have 6 person landing parties (like on the series) before LoR? If not, how are the current teams not "full"?
    4 boffs pluse main character was a standard away team . still think you get to use that in the original content . and ofc when the game was new the ground combat needed thought and preplanning unlike now. but that sadly got patched years ago to give the game a failed FPS feel
    lol just started the mission revelations i take back some of what i said . i admit to being pleasantly surprised i have my full team back =)
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Ahh, I think I get it. You had been running one of the mission arcs where you only have one or two away team members ? There are a lot of those. Basically, most missions that include NPCs in your party reduce the number of BoFFs you get so that the total party size is five. Yourself and four others.

It would be nice if, since they force you to have NPCs as part of your away team, they would also allow you to control them.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Ah, I see. Yes, there are a few of those (the Planet of the Purple Zombies in the Delta Quadrant is a bad offender), but IIRC most other missions still give you your full team. Even when Daniels or the Lukari captain tags along (or, Elements preserve us, Sela) you still get yourself and 4 of your own BOFFs.
  • andykirkhamandykirkham Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Yes yes yes to all your suggestions! Starship/bridge interiors need more functionality anyway and BOffs need something to help them be interesting again.