test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 7/21/17

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 7/21 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Yahoo Friday patching, maybe I'll use it as an excuse to go see a movie. & for all those lost BOFFs out there, "Marco ..."
  • zetkhon#3224 zetkhon Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    21rst Century Cryptic. Maintenace 7 days a week. Congrats, you find the perfect system to stop people to play the game. I guess going to a movie is a good idea.
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    21rst Century Cryptic. Maintenace 7 days a week. Congrats, you find the perfect system to stop people to play the game. I guess going to a movie is a good idea.

Found a graph showing how closely your comment represents reality:
    http://gallery.crossroadscreations.com/i.ashx?gallery=335138&mid=55047648&mt=Photo&standardsize=1600x1200
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    ...lose Bridge Officers?

What in the blue blazes caused that?! How long has it been going on?
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    If your talking during brushfire yeah i xperianced it, after they die you lose them until you exit the prison then they return, but during the interior of the prison i they die they just disappear.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Such an unusual day, but alas.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    This is obviously a massive deal, and I absolutely can't fault Cryptic for taking the decision to have extra downtime to fix it. Well done guys!
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Pity they didn't make the bug kill BOFFs permanently, and tell us, and keep it for a week. I'd run Brushfire and take only Tovan Khev with me. :)
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Losing Boffs... that's kind of a big deal. I can imagine all the whining if the SROs you bought for millions suddenly decided to wander off and join the circus. :D
  • spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    Nothing to do with brushfire. I had three BOFFs just go AWOL on a character that hasn't played that mission.
  • cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    Really beautiful and on a national holiday in Belgium, I do not think this would happen on July 4th Independence Day
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I won't log in until after the patch methinks pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    My boffs fell down the open space shaft in the middle of the one room. I did not get them back until I finished. They really should make invisible collision walls around such areas or simply have a distance check of some sort to respawn near you. On my third toon I kept them outside the room until the fight was over so they would not fall down the shaft.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • solaris08solaris08 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    again a patch? what can we expect tomorrow another maintenance?.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Losing Boffs... that's kind of a big deal. I can imagine all the whining if the SROs you bought for millions suddenly decided to wander off and join the circus. :D

Sadly THAT was a reality for one of my friends. I say was, because this was the last straw and he no longer plays STO...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User

It's a critical issue for a lot of people they're fixing. Selfish much ?
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User

I thought the miserable p'taqs ran away 'cos I had my level 13 Klingon run through Brushfire :)

• cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    One would better do something about the snr, constantly disconnecting, weapons that do not work much. Since the release of Brushfire, the game has deteriorated dramatically. The answer to a ticket is that my PC may not be appropriate, while it is a new game PC / Pretator G1 is with Windows 10 Pro Intel® Core™ i7-7700K processor Quad-core 4.20 GHz NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX1080 Ti with 11 GB Dedicated Memory Memory 32 GB, DDR4 SDRAM 2 TB HDD, 512 GB SSD. Are the developers of this world?
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »
    Pity they didn't make the bug kill BOFFs permanently, and tell us, and keep it for a week. I'd run Brushfire and take only Tovan Khev with me. :)

Oh, if only that worked, I'd rerun those missions with my Romulans to make sure Tovan Skev departed the crew permanently.
    Can I financially incentivize the Tzenkethi Boss Captain to take Khev instead of the Jem'Hadar First at the end of the cutscene?
    I think that's a fair trade, I get the Jem'Hadar First, Khev gets a horrible death.

And nobody would submit a ticket asking for Khev to be restored...... :D

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Indeed if I could permanently lose Tovan that'd be the best mission reward ever, and I'd actually make time to play it across all my Roms.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    cxeronockx wrote: »
    Really beautiful and on a national holiday in Belgium, I do not think this would happen on July 4th Independence Day
    Because... they control what days bugs occur on?.. And make them occur on Belgian holidays...

Please, do continue to further demonstrate your truly amazing critical thinking skills. I am entertained...
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    I have a new Rom toon with two boffs, and guess which one I DIDN'T lose yesterday... :s

So, do you think Cryptic is going to be able to restore them for us, or are we supposed to just hope the ones that vanished were memorable?
    So, do you think Cryptic is going to be able to restore them for us, or are we supposed to just hope the ones that vanished were memorable?
    From the patch notes:
    •If you were affected by this issue, please contact support at support.arcgames.com

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I'm just going to check my active crew and see if everyone is still there. Even then I won't necessarily know which one is missing. There is no way I can have any idea if I lost anyone else.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Indeed if I could permanently lose Tovan that'd be the best mission reward ever, and I'd actually make time to play it across all my Roms.

I'm playing on my Lowbie Rom, right now. Tovan is the ONLY BOff he has... Still no luck, do far. :p
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited July 2017

No doubt.... I dont get why a particular BO must be so special suddenly but previous mission BO are not. If only he was useful...
    qqqqii wrote: »

I'm playing on my Lowbie Rom, right now. Tovan is the ONLY BOff he has... Still no luck, do far. :p
    If it works maybe this bug can have a name such as the Tovan Prayer Bug...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    "Resolved an issue which was causing some players to lose Bridge Officers upon logging in."

I was going to complain about so many maintenance events in a row; but this emergency patch is good, and I'm glad someone took the matter seriously.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • altran3301altran3301 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    If your talking during brushfire yeah i xperianced it, after they die you lose them until you exit the prison then they return, but during the interior of the prison i they die they just disappear.

The solution is to have boffs that don't die or throw themselves into bottomless pits. :-)
    tnl3Zwx.png
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    qqqqii wrote: »
    From the patch notes:
    •If you were affected by this issue, please contact support at support.arcgames.com

Yeah that's the part that has me worried. It implies that in order to get our kidnapped boffs back we need to contact tech support, which means that they won't just come back automatically, which means that unless we go through and take meticulous inventory NOW we might very well miss a window of opportunity to get them back (either because we forget about the bug by the time we notice, or because after a certain amount of time Cryptic won't be able to restore them anymore).
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Wow! I had no idea any of this was going on. I was in the middle of Brushfire - actually, I was nearly finished excaping the prison when the server went- Bye-bye. Guess I'll just start over when STO comes back online.

So far as I can remember, none of my BOFFs died up to that moment.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
This discussion has been closed.