test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Do You Think? The Ferengi Admiralty

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Our new Admiralty system allows you to send you ships in search of profit alongside the Ferengi.

Let us know what you think here!

Comments

• captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    I love it!
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    The grind continues :O

Not sure what to put here.

It's a C&P of the KDF one (Dil reward) just with Ferengi text in the mission descriptions?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    GPL seems too rare, prisoner assignments too common for a Ferengi campaign.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Not really sure how I feel about it after on one day. Except for the GPL gains, it's not much different than the others. I've never felt there was a good reason to spend any GPL any where except in missions that require it's use. The Merchants that ask for it sell items I don't really need to play the game. I mean, holograms are just flare, right?

I'll see if I still feel that way after I complete level ten, and report back.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Suggestion: replace prisoners with commodities. Thematically it doesn't really make sense to get that many prisoners.

Otherwise awesomeness (any plans to expand the GPL store with this?)
  • mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    It's another admirality campaign to get people to log in for so guess that's a plus. But really needs something to make all that GPL that's being rewarded halfway useful, otherwise only reason to run it after levelling is for the tour mission's dilithium reward.
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    Another set of dailies to keep me busy, which, btw, isn't a bad thing. So Yay.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    To me, replace GPL with EC. GPL to me, has been and probably will be the most useless currency in the game. There is really nothing that GPL buys that I want. For all the talk about GPL can buy everything including a moon, it seems all get are holograms that just change the look of your ship/character.

Oh well......another day, another grind in STO.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    It would be nice if there was a practical use for GPL such as buying Lobi. Just sayin'...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Having only glanced at it on Tribble, I can only say that it's something else for me to do. Which isn't a bad thing.

I can't imagine ever using GPL for anything currently in the store, so I'll probably eventually hit the GPL cap and won't get any more, even though I'll be "earning" it. If I could turn GPL into Dil, or EC, or if there were better (IMO) items to buy in th GPL store, then maybe I'd be more hyped over getting such seemingly high amounts of the stuff.

Buying Lobi with GPL, yeah, that's never gonna happen. If it did, it'd probably be 10 million GPL to 1 Lobi.

I guess this isn't the reaction the Devs were hoping for but really, what is there to get excited over about GPL?
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    dragnridr wrote: »
    GPL to me, has been and probably will be the most useless currency in the game.

On a couple of occasions IIRC, it's been mentioned on the Ten Forward Weekly stream that the devs want to do more to the GPL store in the relatively near future (focusing on more cosmetic items). But, there's nothing to announce at this time (meaning that they weren't able to get things together in time for the 13.5 release.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Gives good dil, all that matters.

Maybe someday if GPL becomes relevant...
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    GPL is practically useless, as many others have said. But it's good to have another way to earn some easy dilithium, but I've noticed that the Ferengi missions tend to have very steep science requirements; I rarely see assignments on offer that require less than 50 Sci.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    Suggestion: replace prisoners with commodities. Thematically it doesn't really make sense to get that many prisoners.

Otherwise awesomeness (any plans to expand the GPL store with this?)

^This guy's comment +1
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    It's just the KDF one with some GPL rewards. Not something revolutionary. Just another reputation bar to fill. If you are lucky you can get both ToDs to show up each day and make 60k now instead of 30k in the same time. So Dil will be devalued vs Zen even more now...

I saw some missions giving 86,000 GPL? I feel bad for those smucks that played Dabo all these years praying to get 1000 every 20th spin... :D People already whining about the flood of disco-balls this will buy.
    aspartan1 wrote: »
    It would be nice if there was a practical use for GPL such as buying Lobi. Just sayin'...

That'd be nice. I'd also like to see 'a' Nagus ship purchasable for GPL.
    Obviously not the gold-plated one they gave to the STO-whales, but maybe a non-fleet level one so the 20 people who got the gold one won't get sad that they ain't super special anymore. :*
  • antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I love it. It's a new and fun way to get GPL and buy cool fun stuff I couldn't grind for before. But there needs to be more stuff to use latinum for. For now at least. All my toons will have shades! B)B)B)
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    It's just the KDF one with some GPL rewards. Not something revolutionary. Just another reputation bar to fill. If you are lucky you can get both ToDs to show up each day and make 60k now instead of 30k in the same time. So Dil will be devalued vs Zen even more now...

I saw some missions giving 86,000 GPL? I feel bad for those smucks that played Dabo all these years praying to get 1000 every 20th spin... :D People already whining about the flood of disco-balls this will buy.

Obviously not the gold-plated one they gave to the STO-whales, but maybe a non-fleet level one so the 20 people who got the gold one won't get sad that they ain't super special anymore. :*

I got a critical on a couple missions and have over 200k now.

Anyway, it would be nice to see a Nagus ship for say the following:
    • 1b GPL for T6
    • 750m GPL for T5
    • 500m GPL for T4
    • 250m GPL for T3

That would of course be the only way to get the ship. It should also be account locked in my opinion. Also it should be that you would have to trade in the lower tier ship to get the higher tier one given the nature of the Ferengi it would seem perfectly apt actually...

On the issue of GPL for Lobi, I can see 25k GPL per Lobi or even 50k tops as reasonable.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    I honestly hate doing (daily) admiralty these days.. (I don't do it at all anymore.

But its nice having a new Admiralty chain once or twice a year.. Gives us something to do. Ferengi chain is a pretty interesting approach.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited July 2017

Obviously not the gold-plated one they gave to the STO-whales, but maybe a non-fleet level one so the 20 people who got the gold one won't get sad that they ain't super special anymore.
    :*

You know wha, I've not seen a one; Gold D'Kora since around the time that email went out...
    I think people were getting death threats just flying them around ESD...

:cold_sweat:

Maybe people shelved them.. so they wouldn't get harassed in game.
    Probably for the best I didn't get one... I'd be flaunting it everywhere like a lush. :wink:

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    >
    > That'd be nice. I'd also like to see 'a' Nagus ship purchasable for GPL.
    > Obviously not the gold-plated one they gave to the STO-whales, but maybe a non-fleet level one so the 20 people who got the gold one won't get sad that they ain't super special anymore. :*
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I got a critical on a couple missions and have over 200k now.
    >
    > Anyway, it would be nice to see a Nagus ship for say the following:
    > * 1b GPL for T6
    > * 750m GPL for T5
    > * 500m GPL for T4
    > * 250m GPL for T3
    >
    >
    > That would of course be the only way to get the ship. It should also be account locked in my opinion. Also it should be that you would have to trade in the lower tier ship to get the higher tier one given the nature of the Ferengi it would seem perfectly apt actually...
    >
    This^
  • magusshadowmoonmagusshadowmoon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Well its something new and that is good, but you really need to put more things in game that can be bought/done with all the GPL we are getting now. Useful things like Space/Ground gear, doffs/boffs, exchange it for EC/Dil/Marks etc.
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I could see them doing an exchange or something? We have dilithium to Zen, and Zen to Dilithium.....maybe a GPL to EC or GPL to Lobi. Which I get you can currently buy keys and lockboxes with EC on the exchange and thus a FTP player can still obtain lobi, but this could be another way to increase lobi store sales (or move some of the costumes and vanity pets from the lobi store to the GPL store?). Or perhaps there will be a daily mission where 100,000gpl can be converted/traded for 10 lobi? or 100,000gpl per 1 lobi, max 10 lobi per day? something like that. I'm sure this isn't the end of GPL, and if they are pushing a new admiralty campaign so we will ALL have truckloads of it, I'm going to assume something else is coming to spend it on.
  • kaarruukaarruu Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    It's nice to put my mad admiralty clicking skillz to good use again. 30k dil is an appealing reward, and I want to see what the new ship card is like.

Unfortunately, GPL still seems to be worthless. Add some cosmetics like old lockbox outfits or even new ones to a GPL vendor, maybe. Something nice but non-powercreepy.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Anyway, it would be nice to see a Nagus ship for say the following:
    • 1b GPL for T6
    • 750m GPL for T5
    • 500m GPL for T4
    • 250m GPL for T3

Unless the Ferengi Admiralty is really good at giving GPL I'd cut that in half for the T6 and be exponential curve for the lower ones. Cause really a character that uses a T3 ship is only days old can't even do Admiralty yet. Or just don't do lower tiers. Kind of a waste of effort. Maybe just make bargain A.S.S. cards for lower teirs.

I would say a GPL purchasable Nagus ship should cost you 6 months worth of GPL; I'd let Cryptic do the math on how much the average player can make in 6 months worth of daily Admiralty grinding.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I like the rewards and will probably like the Epic ship - but it's just a copy & paste of the Klingon one, even down to the mission text. I was OK with a copy & paste of the rewards, but I was definitely expecting unique Ferengi missions. Come on Cryptic, you can do better than this!

EDIT: OK, having read them in more detail, I see that there are a fair few Ferengi specific ones. So I take this comment back.
    Post edited by captainkoltar on
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    Ferengi Admiralty is fine... just one problem.

What are we going to spend all that Latinum on anyways? There really isn't ANYTHING worth buying at all in the GPL store.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • hachaliahhachaliah Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Ferengi Admiralty is fine... just one problem.

What are we going to spend all that Latinum on anyways? There really isn't ANYTHING worth buying at all in the GPL store.

I totally agree, what to spend all the GPL on... I got like 150k GPL from doing 2 or so admiralty missions.
    How about we trade GPL in for Lobi?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    hachaliah wrote: »

I totally agree, what to spend all the GPL on... I got like 150k GPL from doing 2 or so admiralty missions.
    How about we trade GPL in for Lobi?

Would be a good way for some people to get some Lobi... but considering that is a major draw for buying keys to open lockboxes... probably won't happen even with a ridiculous conversion rate of GPL>Lobi.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)