test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rebreathers & EVA Suits

This week I am taking a break from my Romulan creations and working on a First Contact mission for Feds. The alien race lives in a lower Oxygen atmosphere than we are used to. Some time ago I played a Foundry mission that required an EVA suit. If you didn't wear one you died. I want it to be that if you don't wear a rebreather or an EVA suit while visiting the alien race you have periods of light headed swaying like you do when you are in the Elachi atmosphere. How can this be done? Or can it even be done?

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Yes

I'm not sure what the props called ... something like 'space environment' ... when a player walks into the bounds of said prop it'll require the player to wear the EV suit to proceed.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Yes

I'm not sure what the props called ... something like 'space environment' ... when a player walks into the bounds of said prop it'll require the player to wear the EV suit to proceed.
    It's called "space enviroment volume" IIRC but it's leathal so how you can use it is very limited, essentially you can use to have area where if you don't have an EV-suit you'll die, but you can't have any battles inside the volume as NPC groups will die if put inside (contacts don't but anything hostile will) and nothing like the Elachi atmosphere is possible atm it's either fully leathal or fully safe.

Honestly I'd love it if Devs could add more hazard types then just hard vacuum (aka space enviroment).
  • theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    If you throw a timer on the Space Environment Volume, you'll have the suggestion of what you are going for, if not the thing itself.

*edit* Perhaps, once the timer is up, you could insert a dialogue to indicate that a tri-ox compound has been applied to the away team.
  • redbeard#5284 redbeard Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Thank you all so much. It would be nice if there were other hazards, but the Space Environment Volume will be very helpful. :)
  • hmkchmkc Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I'm surprised they don't have "Life Support (force-field) Belts" like the had in the animated version of Star Trek!
    Kirk out!