test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ship will not move

calcheercalcheer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
I am going through to test a mission for final bugs after a few days off.
Somehow since then when I try a space map, my ship is stuck in place.
The first time i tried testing a map, my ship involuntarily went down vertically without me doing anything and then sat at the bottom of the screen where it asked if i wanted to warp.
I went back to editor changed my spawn point and went back in and this time i did not drop, but could not move even though it showed i had propulsion. I could spin left and right but could not tilt up or down.
I tried it on another of my maps that i had not done anything to, with the same result of not being able to move, i could only move on axis in the same spot. I was able to Kill Target at over 20 km however.

Thoughts?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Hmmm sounds like that in a wierd way you system got ground and space mixed up, you might want to retry the mission after you've restarted the editor, that said I've not encountered anything like this and I worked on the foundry yesterday.
  • Options
    theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    Sadly, this happens quite frequently. I recommend doing a test publish of your mission, keeping the starting point of the mission hidden from potential players. In this way, you will not only bypass this preview problem, but you will also see how your pathing will actually function in the live environment.
  • Options
    zebgodwinzebgodwin Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    The workaround I've found for this is to exit the game completely and restart. It's a pain, but it usually solves the issue.
    Foundry Missions by @zebgodwin
    Trouble in Trimble: An illicit Reman colony is under attack by Orion pirates. Will you defend the colony or arrest its only defender?
    Paying the Price: You must protect an uncontacted pre-warp civilization from Orion slavers, without violating the Prime Directive.
    The Mirror of Infinity: To save your ship, you must convince the descendants of the crew of the long-lost USS Infinity to work with their mortal enemies - their Mirror Universe counterparts. Part of the USS Infinity Foundry Roundtable Challenge.
    The Tholian Tempest: A rescue mission on a Y-class world leaves the away team stranded inside a Shakespeare play while under attack by Tholians and Gorn.
    The Trafalgar Paradox: A mission to locate a missing Starfleet vessel leads the away team into a mind-bending temporal paradox.
  • Options
    calcheercalcheer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Apparently a restart was helpful. The only problem I had now was the last character to talk to atthe end of the mission is invisible, heh. Details.

Thx all
This discussion has been closed.