test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exchange bugged

chemistrysetchemistryset Member Posts: 229 Arc User
edited July 2017 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
It takes a ridicilously long time to place orders, to take orders down or even to search for something (up to 30 seconds). No, it´s not just me. A few people from my fleet experienced that as well.
The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.

Comments

• neorophneoroph Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Please fix the exchange database, this is unusable! 50% of the items posted come back to the inventory due to timeout. It is even possible to post more than 40 items. Whatever you have changed in the server backend, undo it!
  • stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    This issue is now begining to bleed over to the Doff projects & Fleet Projects. So yer it really needs sorting out.
  • vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    The game is overall too slow atm, not only the exchange. I'm experiencing problems with loading new maps - it takes too long. Moving items in the bags or in the bank is slowed down too. Please fix this - it's extremely annoying!
  • calintane753calintane753 Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Same problem with exchange here.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    It's taking over 30 seconds for the search button to enable, and searching for critical components returns nothing. (Presumably it's timing out.) Posting items is also silently failing. It's July 9.
    Actually, selling's failing in general.
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Yeah, exchange has been laggy and problematic since Thursday. Now it's not working at all. Been stuck "searching" for 10 minutes now.
    1xe027q.png
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Exchange has been completely frozen for me for an hour now. Even after logging out of my account entirely and logging back in with different characters, it still shows 'All items of type "All" containing "xyz"' for a search I tried to start an hour ago. The Search button has been grayed out ever since I first pressed it an hour ago.
    Also, Reset button doesn't do anything.
    Post edited by johnnyray14#4257 on
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Seems to be up and running again now.
    1xe027q.png
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I was experiencing this issue as well.
    But I thought it was because Starfleet Academy was laggy.
    A fleetmate confirmed this to me.

From memory, accessing the exchange at Deep Space Nine was perfectly fine.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Also experienced all of the above, with varying levels of severity at different times, which started after thrusday's patch when the new T6 Xindi ships were added.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Same issues, slow exchange or unable to make purchases. I have tried for two days to purchase a Photonic BOFF. I tried at DS9, Drozana, Sierra 39, and ESD on two characters with no luck. I just get the message saying unable to complete the purchase please try later. Have they officially acknowledged a problem? Hope they get it straightened out soon.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Exchange still slow but not as bad today.

Still not healthy for STO.

Has anyone for Cryptic at least acknowledged they are aware of the Exchange issue?

At least that would be encouraging knowing they're attempting to fix it.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I do not have any problems using the Exchange today. I probably spent around 45 minutes sitting in front of the Exchange listing things for sale on various characters and also searching for things to buy.
  • chemistrysetchemistryset Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    I do not have any problems using the Exchange today. I probably spent around 45 minutes sitting in front of the Exchange listing things for sale on various characters and also searching for things to buy.

Yes, today the exchange seems to work for me, I´ve had no problems so far. Let´s hope it stays that way. :)
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.
  • kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    So, I tried again today to buy one of those Photonic BOFF's (Fed Eng) but was unable. Is anyone aware of any restrictions that would limit the purchase of one? I have at least one slot open, more EC than required, and am lvl 60+ Fed. AM I missing something? I am able to make other purchases on the exchange with no problems.

(Problem Solved - I already had an open BOFF slot, but apparently what I needed was an open BOFF Candidate Slot, maybe both. Anyway, once I made a training manual out of one of my existing 15 BOFF Candidates I had an open BOFF candidate slot and the purchase, and commission of the new Engineering Photonic BOFF went through without a hitch.)
    Post edited by kf4tvi on
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    The response time in the Exchange has been much better the last couple days. BUT, there's still the really frustrating bug where the item descriptions (the smaller text, such as "Bonus Expertise" underneath a Doff's name and profession) are either missing or incorrect in the search results. I need to click on Sell and then Buy again to get them to show the correct text. That bug has been around for about 4 months.