test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Suggestion] Missing Pilot Skill from Voyager

the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
I was watching the episode called Parallax when they were caught in a singularity and had to punch their way out of a crack in the subspace "ice".
There was a reference to punching their way through I thought was interesting. It might be good as a possible pilot skill.

Punch Your Way Through
~ Structural integrity is increased by 100% while the skill is active. For the next 3 seconds the ship flies forward at full impulse. (200%) While this skill is operational the ship is immune to control effects. Any enemy ships or projectiles in front of the ship in a 180 degree cone are pushed aside at high speed and are disabled for 3 seconds projectiles are destroyed. The impact causes no damage but knocks a subsystem offline and causes the next 5 attacks to be weakened due to main systems being impaired and secondary systems coming online are slowed. After the five attacks the enemy ships that were affected return to normal.

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I was watching the episode called Parallax when they were caught in a singularity and had to punch their way out of a crack in the subspace "ice".
    There was a reference to punching their way through I thought was interesting. It might be good as a possible pilot skill.

Punch Your Way Through
    ~ Structural integrity is increased by 100% while the skill is active. For the next 3 seconds the ship flies forward at full impulse. (200%) While this skill is operational the ship is immune to control effects. Any enemy ships or projectiles in front of the ship in a 180 degree cone are pushed aside at high speed and are disabled for 3 seconds projectiles are destroyed. The impact causes no damage but knocks a subsystem offline and causes the next 5 attacks to be weakened due to main systems being impaired and secondary systems coming online are slowed. After the five attacks the enemy ships that were affected return to normal.

And your ship comes out unscathed??? So, "immunity" that damages at the same time????
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Sounds like an interesting thing for PvP but completely pointless in PvE.
    where2r1 wrote: »
    And your ship comes out unscathed??? So, "immunity" that damages at the same time????

That'd be nothing new. Combine any immunity buff with ramming speed and you're pretty much an unkillable torp. The Vesta line was one of the firsts that could pull it off.