test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is up with this......

Giving out "incapacitated" windows even you were not getting hit with anything. Spontanious shield and hull damage. Again nothing to cause it. Is this there idea of a game balance? I hardly consider that fun either. It's beyond aggravating when this all happens. Makes it kind of hard to prevent it when you don't know what is causing it. Aside for the proverbial "instant kill switch" that seems to exsist. There should be some challenge to this game. But this isn't the way to add it.

Comments

• captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    ... inability to make meaningful thread titles?
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    ... inability to give a clear explanation of what you're talking about?

Ground or space? Were you walking through gas clouds or toxic puddles when this "mystery" lack of capacitation occurred?
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    There seems to be an abundance of incomplete thread titles these days.

What's up with that? Is it so very hard to write descriptive titles these days?
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    edited June 2017
    And yet a complete title would help so much more than an incomplete one.

Such as "Why am I getting incapacitated?"
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    I'm inclined to agree with coldnapalm.

Seems incomplete titles are simply their way(s) of getting people to click on their threads.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    signed; 'clickbait titles' needs to be, if not a forum rule or an FCT, then at least something strongly discouraged​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • cactolithcactolith Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    ... calling a dish re-fried beans when they are not twice fried beans.

Lets talk about food.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    echatty wrote: »
    There seems to be an abundance of incomplete thread titles these days.

What's up with that? Is it so very hard to write descriptive titles these days?
    A descriptive title isn't needed if you explain the problem in the post.

Actually, yes, you should.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    So...can we just start to auto close threads without complete titles? Even if there are people who wants to help people who feel the need to make clickbait titles to draw attention to themselves, the level of snark from the rest of us makes these threads basically a cesspool of the forum. So how about we just add this to the FCT and auto close them until the OP and anyone who has similar idea gets it in their head that we ain't interested in helping stupid.
    echatty wrote: »
    I'm inclined to agree with coldnapalm.

Seems incomplete titles are simply their way(s) of getting people to click on their threads.
    signed; 'clickbait titles' needs to be, if not a forum rule or an FCT, then at least something strongly discouraged​​

I've asked for this to be done. Until it's official, there's not much I can do. I feel your pain, though. It's especially difficult for me when moderating, because a troll post or flame war could be hiding behind one of these incomplete thread titles.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    Thanks for telling us :)

I feel your moderator pain. You have no choice but to read every thread while we can pick and choose. I think I'll just choose to not click any more threads that have .....in their titles.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    at least i can preview threads like you could in the old forums with the enhancement extension - i feel for those who don't have it for whatever reason and have to actually ENTER the thread to see what's in it​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Haunted101,

A little advice: don't offend the very people you are asking for help... it's the proverbial "biting the hand that feeds" issue. Being more descriptive in your thread title, even if you describe the problem in your post, is always appreciated... it's considered a courtesy...

Just helping... not with your problem, since i don't have the issue you described, but with your attitude and manners...

If I can help in the future, let me know...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    ... inability to make meaningful thread titles?

+1 That is such a pet peeve of mine. When I see thread titled "Question" I want to slap the OP.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    OP, do you know what damage over time is? You say you weren't getting hit with anything but are you sure that you didn't get hit with a DoT and you don't know hot to cleanse yourself of it?
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    It's called clickbait. Nothing to see here.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    There's enough hostility from the OP to warrant closing this.

L0ZJ4YP.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.